Restrictions increased in Pattaya/Bang Lamung - non essential business ordered to close

Jonathan Fairfield

2 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

The US has 330,000,000 people. Even .004 is 1,320,000.

Thailand has 70,000,000 people. .004 of them dying would be 280,000

You're good with that?

Seems cold.

That percentage is wrong.  And as all countries say, the numbers are under reported. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

and how long is a new phone suppose to live for.....mine is 5 yrs old and still going strong......

probably the android versions are in game , as they get higher numbers regularly , and those apps need the new ones ,...... as i had to get once new smartphone as Kbank did only keep working with a higher vesion ...

Public swimming pools and gyms must also close, as must public parks and outdoor exercise areas. 

Sigh.   I can kind of understand the measures to close things where people gather indoors, but how many people in the entire world have caught this thing in the great outdoors?   I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say none.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

So restaurants must close.......but Food Court can open.   LOL

I just came from there. Tops Supermarket is open. Food Court is open for take away. Pharmacies are open - I only checked the basement. Banks can be reached by elevator. Escalators are blocked. 

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

Buy food and drinks, invite 2\3 girls in your room

and let's go the party. That's the way to go imo

Part of the new restrictions !......could become a very expensive party ....if nasty neighbor's are around you

" Social gatherings and even parties at houses and condos are not permitted. "

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Oldie said:

I just came from there. Tops Supermarket is open. Food Court is open for take away. Pharmacies are open - I only checked the basement. Banks can be reached by elevator. Escalators are blocked. 

Open for now. For many the closures will start tomorrow.

1 minute ago, French mate said:

Ho noo ! , i got a non refundable hotel reservation for the 31 and 1.

Does they put in place a emergency number for get in-room massage ?

"Social gatherings and even parties at houses and condos are not permitted. " ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Nout said:

Open for now. For many the closures will start tomorrow.

What was open before was the same that was opened during the last lock down. Some bank branches might be closed because the banks decide this. Kasikornbank even sent me an SMS that the branch is open. Banks are allowed to be open. Will go there tomorrow. The Central Mall reacted very quickly and closed everything what is not allowed. Will check tomorrow if phone shops are open and Power Buy - need something from there. 

2 minutes ago, Oldie said:

I think they want to control the people that move around there and this is easier if only elevators are working. I hate the elevators because this is a high risk area. If one person with Covid sneezes inside... 

also maybe on the escalators you have the habit to hold the rubber band supports .... risk of contagion 

3 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

I am not a frequent user of the phone shops too

but seeing the number of phone shops always full

of thai customers i guess there is some demand

Yes, my moderately elderly phone suffered a fatal heart attack recently brought about by an unscheduled 2 meter fall to a hard floor. Had to replace it the next day. Had that happened now I’d be glad to know the shops were open.

• Like 1