Restrictions increased in Pattaya/Bang Lamung - non essential business ordered to close

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Sorry I must have mis-read this from the offical post

According to an order issued on Wednesday, all shopping malls are to close in a bid to stop the spread of COVID-19.

Lost in translation then. Obviously not fully closed if some essential businesses within the malls are left open. As before. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:
22 minutes ago, treetops said:

I've just seen signs up in a local 7 that they will close at 2200 tonight, so that would indicate yes.  Bars across the road were still open though.

Not for long I fear ????

Friend who owns a bar just messaged me. 6pm today everything shut

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Sods law...........rather than drink drive tomorrow night ive just booked a room in the Areca Lodge...........will have to try and cancel , paid up front for it by CC

Looks like money down the drain.....no refund within 24 hours of arrival

They will still be open I guess.  Usually in these places they shut the doors for guests and function as usual.

1 minute ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

you can do that online

not always.  my CC sometimes won't take and I have to go to shop to get credits filled.

although now just do that once a year over lazada for total of 1300 baht for unlimited 10mbps

1 hour ago, champers said:

I'll guess - alcohol sales. Stock up if you can't live without it.

Of course! The dreaded alcohol ban! 

The conspiracy theorist's wet dream rears its ugly head once again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Start the precautionary measures early and hope it doesn't get continually extended - obviously dependant on rising numbers or a slow down.

It's what most countries around the world have implemented already, therefore, it isn't a shock it would have happened in Thailand again. 

I suppose the only other thing not (YET) affected is airport closures for international travel. See what happens on that one.  

1 minute ago, MJ Patts said:

I suppose the only other thing not (YET) affected is airport closures for international travel. See what happens on that one.  

Current problems did not come from that direction so I remain optimistic. Mind you I was wrong about this lockdown and the previous booze ban!

2 minutes ago, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

Anyone ever question the hygiene of the delivery people and better yet, how often are they tested?

You can test their hygiene yourself, just smell their armpits

As for COVID tests, you can't even get one if you have COVID

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

In malls, supermarkets, pharmacies, banks and mobile phone shops can remain open.

Any idea why phone shops should remail open as not necessary ?

Because they don't manifest large gathering of people but do support essential communications