How to survive 9c in Thailand?

arick

34 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

In the past, I had limited experience with 38f, that was definitely a handful and a half...we could be a little bit off topic here , must try harder next year....

Topic moved to the "naughty" corner.

Please respond the OP's question ????

1 hour ago, bwpage3 said:

9c isn't even close to freezing, so there sure as heck aren't dying from freezing to death.

Nah, you have to take into consideration that they ain´t tackling the situation too good. Take the 9c, add a fan spinning on 3 to keep the mosquitos away + thin blanket and only underwear.

That will do the job! If they also have filled up themselves with Lao Khao, it will be even easier to die.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, scammed said:

north thailand can be freezing cold, move to a city right at the ocean,

the ocean keep temperature smooth day and night any season

Yup, it's chilly now, windy too. Quite cold in the shade. In three months though, I'll be whinging about being hot.

Anyway, to address the op, get some thermal underwear....

IMG_20201231_095032.png

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mr mr said:

How to survive 9c in Thailand?

any other canadian who read this giggled like a little school girl. it's very cute. thank you for helping me smile today

nah..i come from a place nearly as deadly cold as you,

but when i traveled to isaan, i could not fathom i was going to freeze,

so i didnt bring protective clothes to shield from hostile environment, (in truth, i havnt even got protective clothes, as it is not needed at the beach)

and the result was i got frozen numb and wouldnt reach

normal body temperature until after a day back in pattaya.

my recommendation to OP: get outa the bush and move to a city

right next to the ocean, the ocean is a gigantic heat sink and

will keep temperature even night and day any season

Edited by scammed

Have you considered insulation for your home? It keep house cool in hot weather, warm in cold weather 

I did not what Jessica sheet is, so I looked it up and now am very confused. This is what is sold  at Central.  Also, you can buy  nightshirt or fleece pant and top. Also, you can invest in  fleece comfort slippers from Robinson. Very comfortable. 

o127196.jpg?impolicy=resize&width=440

Just now, Patong2021 said:

Have you considered insulation for your home? It keep house cool in hot weather, warm in cold weather. I did not know what Jessica sheet is, so I looked it up and now am very confused. This is what is sold at Central.  Your selection of bed linen is interesting. Also, you can buy nightshirt or fleece pant and top. Also, you can invest in fleece comfort slippers from Robinson. Very comfortable. 

o127196.jpg?impolicy=resize&width=440

It seems every year I hear about a monk dying of hypothermia, when the temps drop down to 9c or so. I guess it is based on what you are used to, and I guess the frozen monk did not have access to a decent blanket. Maybe blankets are a more useful donation to the temples, than cash. 

1 hour ago, arick said:

Chiayaphum why don't you take your old ass out in 9c for 6 hours and tell me how you feel 

Good advice for the uninformed/disbelievers. Don't want to use "ignorants" as the thread is in the FUN(!) forum.

Of course 9 C sounds easy in countries prepared for such with insulation, heating.

But here it's more like outdoor camping at 9 C.

I can't remember having seen such numbers for our area.

Must be record numbers for long.

• Like 1