How to survive 9c in Thailand?

arick

7 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Have you considered insulation for your home? It keep house cool in hot weather, warm in cold weather 

I did not what Jessica sheet is, so I looked it up and now am very confused. This is what is sold  at Central.  Also, you can buy  nightshirt or fleece pant and top. Also, you can invest in  fleece comfort slippers from Robinson. Very comfortable. 

o127196.jpg?impolicy=resize&width=440

Just so. I put a dual layer, total R50 fiberglass insulation in my entire house early February. 

Best investment possible if you own the house. Superb. 

8 hours ago, faraday said:

Yup, it's chilly now, windy too. Quite cold in the shade. In three months though, I'll be whinging about being hot.

Anyway, to address the op, get some thermal underwear....

IMG_20201231_095032.png

....Gusseted inner thighs for added ...

what, exactly? The mind boggles!????

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, arick said:

Chiayaphum why don't you take your old ass out in 9c for 6 hours and tell me how you feel 

I use to walk to school as a boy in -30F. 

And having a farm about 70km from Chaiyaphum, I have NEVER felt like I was freezing to death. Never worn anything but shorts and a sweatshirt.

The oddity of a grown man having to ask how to stay warm in any country in the world is absurd.

Surely you grew up somewhere other than Thailand?

Or maybe your mother never taught you how to dress yourself?

7 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Good advice for the uninformed/disbelievers. Don't want to use "ignorants" as the thread is in the FUN(!) forum.

Of course 9 C sounds easy in countries prepared for such with insulation, heating.

But here it's more like outdoor camping at 9 C.

I can't remember having seen such numbers for our area.

Must be record numbers for long.

What is so hard about wearing more clothes?

To even debate this is stupid.

I just start wearing my going home clothes, stuck in the wardrobe for 11 months of the year, good to give them an airing every now and then, and I might actually make it back one day. As to surviving 9c in Thailand, well it's true the blood thins when you've been here for a while, in a non air conditioned environment, still, remembering scraping ice off the bedroom windows, and my father getting the old coal fire going in the morning, puts things in context a bit. I used to be rather proud of my ability to withstand cold weather, not "nesh", as they say where I come from.

On 12/31/2020 at 7:43 AM, bwpage3 said:

9c = 48f

And you are asking how to stay warm?

Get a life.

I completely sympathise with the OP. Once you are acclimatised to a temperature range of 25-35C anything less feels chilly, and with current temps in the midlands running at around 19C a number of expat friends are finding it very uncomfortable. For what it's worth, I live in Phuket where temperatures remain in the comfortable range - so far

17 minutes ago, Farang99 said:

I completely sympathise with the OP. Once you are acclimatised to a temperature range of 25-35C anything less feels chilly, and with current temps in the midlands running at around 19C a number of expat friends are finding it very uncomfortable. For what it's worth, I live in Phuket where temperatures remain in the comfortable range - so far

I don't sympathize with anyone who moved 10,000 miles from their homeland, and as a grown man, has to ask how to stay warm.

Chilly feeling or not, do you need to be told to put on a jacket?

My wife has just said I don’t understand you, when we lived in the UK you sleep with the windows open in the winter.

When it got up to 10°C you would take the roof off the car.

This morning, at 6 AM it was 17°C and you were shivering.

I think it is called getting old.

Edited by PFMills
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Just so. I put a dual layer, total R50 fiberglass insulation in my entire house early February. 

Best investment possible if you own the house. Superb. 

Ceramic nano tint is excellent on the windows. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

In my younger days in East London, Friday night  at the pub was always followed by  a Chinese or Indian meal.

Top of the list of indian curries (if you could handle it), was Phall.

This legendary hottie, might not warm you up, but it will certainly make you sweat:

https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/recipes/phaal-curry/

????

The English always went to the pub on cold nights because the saved money heating their own homes. 555

Edited by arick

36 minutes ago, arick said:

Who said I live in Bkk. You dint get out much or read much around the Country do you. 

I was supporting you and referring to the poster that said 9C was not cold. Should have done a multi quote.

It has been very cold up here, down into the single digits by some accounts.

17 hours ago, RocketDog said:

I'm looking into that. Thanks. 

Can order from shoppee or there is a car place in korat and a place by makro in Khon kaen. Has really made a difference on the windows and vehicles 

• Thanks 1