21 Bangkok districts have Covid cases, but several venues can remain open

webfact

21 Bangkok districts have Covid cases, but several venues can remain open

By THE NATION

800_1ae944ba9860d10.jpg?v=1609384884

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) confirmed that 21 districts in the capital have Covid-19 cases but several venues can remain open as usual.

BMA spokesman Pongsakorn Kwanmuang said the 21 districts are Dusit, Bang Kapi, Khlong Sam Wa, Prawet, Taling Chan, Bangkok Noi, Bang Phlat, Thonburi, Nong Khaem, Bang Khae, Bon Bon, Bang Khun Thian, Thung Khru, Bang Kho Laem, Sathorn, Pathumwan, Wattana, Suan Luang, Bang Sue, Don Mueang and Lat Phrao.

Moreover, he said Internet cafés, massage parlours, fitness clubs, swimming pools and salons can remain open as usual.

Bars and nightclubs can also stay open but under certain conditions, including that staff are prohibited from being in close quarters with customers, while customers themselves are banned from dancing. And these venues must close by midnight.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400520

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-31

1 minute ago, webfact said:

Bars and nightclubs can also stay open but under certain conditions, including that staff are prohibited from being in close quarters with customers, while customers themselves are banned from dancing.

And of course, that one is easy to check, and will be checked

• Like 2

Just heard that all of the Icon Siam bars/restaurants with large balconies overlooking the river and the fireworks are still a go for tonight's festivities for dining, drinking and ringing in the new year.  The only thing canceled was the live concert on the waterfront.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Why does this not sound like nonsense....

Staff are prohibited from being in close quarters from customers... But there appears to be nothing that prevents multitudes of customers from being in close quarters with each other???  Huh???

Just to be clear...

When I said NONSENSE, I wasn't saying having CV regulations is nonsense.

I was saying having insufficient regulations is nonsense, i.e., allowing public patrons of establishments to closely mingle with each other, while having a rule that prevents staff from doing so.

If someone can explain any logical basis for that kind of divergent treatment, I'd sure be entertained to hear it.

Icon Siam was off the hook busy. Fire works display on the river was good.  All the restaurants were full and people stacked on the balconies watching the display.  At 12:30 they pushed you out and the crowds for the elevators were shoulder to shoulder. Very few masks worn.

Edited by ThailandRyan