What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

2 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Sampled a couple of American comedies. Well, they were advertised as comedies. About as funny as syphilis or should that now be Covid?

Straight to the bin go "High Maintenance" and "No Activity".

Yeah, I think comedy shows are a personal choice.

I think times have changed back home too, like times of  fools and horses and citizen smith are well gone. I can’t remember the last decent comedy sit-com I downloaded.

I thought “people just do nothing” on BBC4 was as funny as .. I liked high maintenance but hardly comedy, the first series was better than the last. I just see them as light hearted, bit like the Unicorn which I’m not too sure why I like, but It’s in my watch list.

I quite like Breeders which started series 2 the other day on sky one. It’s set in East London, first series had “chuck” from Better call Saul, but maybe it’s aimed at the American audience, a little like you’re the worst

• Like 2

On 3/19/2021 at 7:37 AM, Will27 said:

Dead Man's Line

Just found this one on RARBG.

Summary: On the morning of February 8, 1977, Tony Kiritsis walked into an office on East Market Street and wired a shotgun to mortgage broker Richard Hall’s head. After making a 40-minute 911 call that ran the emotional gamut from polite respect to seething rants and tearful breakdowns, Kiritsis then paraded Hall along the streets of downtown Indianapolis followed by a cadre of police and media who were unable to do anything other than watch the event unfold. Kiritsis went on to hold Hall captive for three days as SWAT snipers, the bomb squad, and FBI looked for a way to disarm him without Hall being shot. The crisis culminated in a shocking press conference broadcast live on TV.

Just watched this one.

It's well worth a look.

5 hours ago, recom273 said:

Yeah, I think comedy shows are a personal choice.

I think times have changed back home too, like times of  fools and horses and citizen smith are well gone. I can’t remember the last decent comedy sit-com I downloaded.

Friday Night Dinner (Season 6 was just last year)? After Life? But, as you say it's a matter of choice.

• Like 1

About the indigenous peoples of Texas-Mexico border area and the food which they have carried down through their families. Pretty mellow stuff and mostly about food and cooking of course but it kept me interested and informed me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Friday Night Dinner (Season 6 was just last year)? After Life? But, as you say it's a matter of choice.

I find Ricky Gervais irritating - My missus thought Karl Pilkington was the funniest thing she ever saw.

I will give Friday night dinner a look see. Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I find Ricky Gervais irritating - My missus thought Karl Pilkington was the funniest thing she ever saw.

I will give Friday night dinner a look see. Cheers!

I wasn’t a great fan of Ricky Gervais either but After Life is well worth watching, funny and touching.

• Like 2

New series available now.

Summary: A six-part docuseries on the chilling story of one of the world’s most notorious serial killers told through the words of Gacy himself, those who were forever changed by his unspeakable deeds and those who believe that the full truth about the case remains concealed to this day.

Just downloaded and watched the first episode of Surviving Escobar: Alias JJ. I liked it enough to start foraging about for the other sixty-eight.

"With Pablo Escobar's Medellin in decline, one of the most significant figures in the cartel -- Alias JJ -- has decided to turn himself in to authorities. While he's in prison, he must face his enemies and use all of the underhanded tactics he has learned to survive and regain his status as No. 1 inmate in the prison. While locked up, he also seeks to continue his reign of terror as a feared drug trafficker. The drama series is based on a book by John Jairo Velasquez, a former hit man for Escobar's Medellin."

I couldn't find a decent subbed trailer but the episode I downloaded had good English subs as the show has been on Netflix.

One of my favourite series is back and up to the 5th episode so i started watching ,hooray the boxes are ticked,we have a lesbian couple ,a mixed race couple and a familly with a boy with learning difficulties ( used to be called mongaloid in my day) and ime only on the first episode. Wonder whats to come ,by the way the story is as good as usual.

On 3/11/2021 at 7:53 AM, Blue Muton said:

A new, darker take on my beloved Sherlock Holmes coming later this month - The Irregulars:

"Set in Victorian London, the series follows a gang of troubled street teens who are manipulated into solving crimes for the sinister Doctor Watson and his mysterious business partner, the elusive Sherlock Holmes."

First episode due to air tonight in the UK.

• Thanks 1

Found this today on tinyzonetv and found it extremely interesting:

Seaspiracy (2021)  IMDB  8.6

'Passionate about ocean life, a filmmaker sets out to document the harm that humans do to marine species - and uncovers alarming global corruption.'

Mention is also made of slavery and corruption within the Thai fishing industry as well as the hypocrisy of "Dolphin Safe" and "Sustainable Fishery" labels because it seems no-one, and especially those guarantying  the labels, can come up with a fitting definition of 'sustainable'???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Daffy D said:

For those old enough another classic has popped up:-

The King and I (1956)  with Deborah Kerr and Yul Brynner

A widow accepts a job as a live-in governess to the King of Siam's children.

Banned in Thailand

All versions of the story of Anna Leonowens and King Mongkut (Rama IV) have been banned in Thailand, including the 1956 musical The King and I.[

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_Thailand#The_King_and_I

Edited by IvorBiggun2

Do try " For All Mankind" a series based on the American space program, I've just watched episode 1 to 4, I do like anything Space based.

This starts with a sting in the tail, but it is quite addictive, each episode is an hour, if you're not interested by the 1st hour then you never will be. Enjoy. ????

Edited by Golden Triangle
Spelling
  • Like 2

The Father

This one has excellent reviews.
Out now on RARBG.

Summary: A man refuses all assistance from his daughter as he ages. As he tries to make sense of his changing circumstances, he begins to doubt his loved ones, his own mind and even the fabric of his reality.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah that's what I always say. Seen one or two American comedies, you've seen them all. Kind of like Redwoods as the Gipper said. They're all the same, you know. 

Have you tried Curb Your Enthusiasm?

I have but not for me. My favourite US comedy has to be Married...With Children. I also like, in no particular order - Weeds, Lodge 49, My Name is Earl, Happy Days, Santa Clarita Diet.........