What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

18 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I got it on tvchaosuk,trouble is you have to be invited,dont know where Iva got his

I got one invite left Bert---- your welcome to it , but first just try to contact them on their facebook page---the last person i offered it to did and they took him in.

Edited by sanuk711

On 7/16/2021 at 8:16 PM, recom273 said:

The sparks brothers

Was in 2 minds about watching this, after all I remember them as being that gimmicky band who sang “ This town ain’t big enough …. “ and “ Beat the clock “ way back when .

Boy did I underestimate them !!

25 studio albums , almost as many labels and a large number of band members !!

Moving from the US to the U.K. various times at the drop of a hat and gaining a large fan base in the U.K., France and Germany ( despite Ron’s hitleresque moustache ) kept them busy for many years.

They weren’t afraid to take risks and their decision to recreate their first 21 albums with 21 shows ( over 21 nights) in London in 2008 culminating with the new, previously unheard ,album played live in its entirety on the 21st night/show !! How tiring must that have been not only for the brothers but new band members who had to learn the entire back catalogue !!

Now in their mid 70’s and still going strong, new tour planned for next year.

While the documentary is very self congratulatory, even fired band members were singing their praises, it is a worthwhile watch just to see what makes the brothers tick and how they refuse to give up even after some flops , “art for art’s sake” seems to be their motto.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

I got one invite left Bert---- your welcome to it , but first just try to contact them on their facebook page---the last person i offered it to did and they took him in.

Oh thanks Sanuk but i am actually on tvchaos , as i said i dont know about Ivor,but thank you.

• Like 1

The Murders at White House Farm

A true story of an event in Essex in 1985 which many will remember as it shocked the nation at the time.

Stephen Graham stars as DCI Taff Jones in charge of the case and apparently in a big rush to close it, Mark Addy stars as DC Stan Jones who has his doubts that it is such a clear cut case.

A great 6 part drama showing both the good and the bad side of British police detective work.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

The Murders at White House Farm

A true story of an event in Essex in 1985 which many will remember as it shocked the nation at the time.

Stephen Graham stars as DCI Taff Jones in charge of the case and apparently in a big rush to close it, Mark Addy stars as DC Stan Jones who has his doubts that it is such a clear cut case.

A great 6 part drama showing both the good and the bad side of British police detective work.

Yes, I've seen this. Very good IMHO.

I recently watched Patton from 1970. It's about the general and WW2.  One scene shows a place in Palermo, Italy and I wonder if anyone knows what it is. I looked on Google but couldn't match it up. It's supposed to be Palermo, Sicily.

1664347768_PalermoWhatplace.png.59aea957b65bd9ea172ce740106e65fc.png

20 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Hard to find...(with any seeds) where did you look Mutt Daeng.........?

The one on TPB uploaded by .BONE. only has 3 seeders. but downloads pretty quickly.

Saw this one a few years ago.

It's brutal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This one kept my attention from beginning to end and I thought Riley Keough, who plays the white girl, was excellent.  She is also the granddaughter of Elvis, if you can believe that.

Variety wrote:

”A star filmmaker is born. Directing a movie based on a true tweetstorm, Janicza Bravo works with the virtuoso danger and excitement we associate with vintage Scorsese or the Paul Thomas Anderson of “Boogie Nights.” At the center of this startling ride of a drama is Zola (Taylour Paige), who works part-time in the sex industry, and who agrees to accompany Stefani (Riley Keough) down to Florida to work in a strip club for a couple of nights. But as soon as Zola climbs into the van and meets the man (Colman Domingo) running the show, who acts a lot like Stefani’s pimp, all bets are off. Keough’s outrageous performance as a treacherous dim bulb whose entire personality is a kind of hip-hip minstrel show cues us to the film’s theme: that social-media fakery and financial desperation have combined to turn our entire culture into a walking mirage. It’s Paige’s Zola, the eye of sanity at the center of a storm of sleaze, who turns her artifice into sly survival.”

https://variety.com/lists/best-top-movies-2021-so-far-cruella-concrete-cowboy-zola/zola-2/

Edited by TimBKK
Spelling

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Hard to find...(with any seeds) where did you look Mutt Daeng.........?

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

The one on TPB uploaded by .BONE. only has 3 seeders. but downloads pretty quickly.

Saw this one a few years ago.

It's brutal.

Sorry @sanuk711, I've had it for a while now and can't remember where it came from. However, it was originally uploaded by .BONE, so I guess it was from TPB as per @Will27s post.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Palacio Real de la Granja de San Ildefonso

Do I win?

Yes, that's it. But in the movie it was supposed to be at Palermo, Sicily. I can't believe that they would try to push it off as some place in Italy in a biographical, historical film. Maybe I have to go back and see if I missed something. Spain was neutral in WW2 so Patton couldn't have been there with troops. Thanks for the information. Just Hollywood in action I guess.

7 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

Yes, that's it. But in the movie it was supposed to be at Palermo, Sicily. I can't believe that they would try to push it off as some place in Italy in a biographical, historical film. Maybe I have to go back and see if I missed something. Spain was neutral in WW2 so Patton couldn't have been there with troops. Thanks for the information. Just Hollywood in action I guess.

It's just a movie, not a documentary. Loads of movies set in one country, but are made in several, if one watches the credits to the end.

Anyway, the real thing may not even exist or have changed too much, and the one they used was the nearest to reality they could find.

What does annoy me is when they use inappropriate actors because of PC. In the Mary Queen of Scots film, Adrian Lester, a black man, played Lord Randolph, an English ambassador for Elizabeth. I'm pretty sure that Lord Randolph was white. How's that for rewriting history?

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2

On 7/24/2021 at 3:44 AM, Daffy D said:

Never watched a movie with so many profanities and such a pathetic story.

It was embarrassing to watch by even by myself, lucky the wife was busy with something else and not paying attention. I had to turn the sound right down, and just work with the subs so the kids would not pick up with all the F****** and Mother***** in every scene. 

Totally unnecessary, made a bad movie even worse.  ????????????

Is your username because you are a "The Beach" fan?

I re watched the movie a while ago and currently re reading the book. IMO the book is better than the movie.

????

Edited by thaibeachlovers

13 hours ago, KannikaP said:

BAPTISTE BBC Series 2

Although it can be a bit annoying when one minute she's in a wheelchair and next not, and his beard seems to grow on & off quickly.   LOL

I know, it's called Flashback!