What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

I watched The Town (2010) IMdb 7.5/10 for the first time last night.

Not a bad movie though not a great movie maybe coz it's star, director and its screenplay writer was Ben Affleck.

Great car chase.

The Town: Trailer #1 (imdb.com)

Yup - good movie - did you check another Affleck production - city on the hill which is well worth a look.

I have this on my hit list too, which I hope is as good as The Town ..

The Drop https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1600196/

Looks like I will be on Black Widow tonight, thanks for the recommendation all.

Edited by recom273

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

Yup - good movie - did you check another Affleck production - city on the hill which is well worth a look.

I have this on my hit list too, which I hope is as good as The Town ..

The Drop https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1600196/

Looks like I will be on Black Widow tonight, thanks for the recommendation all.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/stephen-dorff-interview-embattled-b1875322.html

On 7/9/2021 at 3:07 PM, giddyup said:

I downloaded it from Torrent Galaxy without any problems.

Black Widow with Scarlett Johanssen has just appeared , same site.

Ah Mr In-between looks good. Australian stuff makes a change. OF THE SAME TITLE BUT V FUNNY COMMEDY THE

INBETWEENERS GREAT BRITISH COMEDY SERIES WITH Decent movie follow up.

15 hours ago, sucit said:

Mare of east town pretty sporty. Just finished it. HBO impresses

Yes, I watched in 2 sittings. It got more intense with each episode and the ending was quite a surprise. After the last episode they played a short on making the series and it was interesting to see and hear how hard the cast worked to get the dialect of the local Pennsylvania people and how they talk and act.  Well done series and the localization of the characters was right on.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, rcuthbert said:

Mayans M.C. Seasons 1, 2, and 3 complete 720p AMZN WEB-DL x264

Up to episode 4 of season 2, and (so far) it's well written entertainment.

แนะนำซีรีส์ Mayans M.C. | TrueID In-Trend

I agree. This is one of my favourite shows. Currently on iPlayer. I watched season 3 a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

The North Water----Drama--USA-BBC2--5 episodes (weekly) Starts Wednesday

For some reason the BBC have decided to release their new Drama in America before the UK release later in the year.

Stars Colin Farrell and Jack O'Connell. Stephen Graham (Time/Line duty)

Not to much written about it--1850s A surgeon Joins a Whaling ship going to the North Water to get away from his military past--but finds thats not the true purpose of the expedition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

need to watch new movie on "NETFLIX"

the making of a tyrant!!

it is not related to anyone, just an interesting movie!!

how people see things is there individual way, that is what makes the world go round!!

i have no relation to the movie!

just found it interesting that this movie showed up at this time.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

The North Water----Drama--USA-BBC2--5 episodes (weekly) Starts Wednesday

For some reason the BBC have decided to release their new Drama in America before the UK release later in the year.

Stars Colin Farrell and Jack O'Connell. Stephen Graham (Time/Line duty)

Not to much written about it--1850s A surgeon Joins a Whaling ship going to the North Water to get away from his military past--but finds thats not the true purpose of the expedition.

Interesting trailer. Guy stumbling around in the snow in a suit and tie. No wonder the Brits never did well in polar regions!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Interesting trailer. Guy stumbling around in the snow in a suit and tie. No wonder the Brits never did well in polar regions!

Frozen wastelands---Did he have a Stiff upper lip.......... :))

Catch and Kill: The Podcast Tapes

Enjoyed the first episode.

Summary: An expansion of the hit podcast and bestselling book, Catch and Kill: The Podcast Tapes brings to life the intimate interviews that broke Hollywood's most infamous story.

• Thanks 1

This one is a little bit different so please be tolerant. 

It's about a movie I heard about and want to watch, but I don't remember it's name.

It's fairly recent, but not sure if it was made in this year or last.

It got good reviews.

All I remember about the description of the plot is that the main characters are a white wealthy American mother and young man son. Probably east coast elite types but not certain. I don't recall if it's technically satire but probably some social commentary in it. Definitely not a story about incest though.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? 

Edited by Jingthing

14 hours ago, Will27 said:

Tv Series - Relentless

This one looks interesting.

Lime.

Summary: Christina Fontana searches for what happened to 21-year-old Christina Whittaker, who disappeared in the small town of Hannibal, Mo., leaving behind her 6-month-old daughter. Relentless Discovery Plus commercial is after the news report.

I can't find all episodes on Lime.

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

This one is a little bit different so please be tolerant. 

It's about a movie I heard about and want to watch, but I don't remember it's name.

It's fairly recent, but not sure if it was made in this year or last.

It got good reviews.

All I remember about the description of the plot is that the main characters are a white wealthy American mother and young man son. Probably east coast elite types but not certain. I don't recall if it's technically satire but probably some social commentary in it. Definitely not a story about incest though.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? 

I believe it's called French Exit. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10279362/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

Edited by giddyup
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Thanks for that.

It sounds like a close match and I'm interested in it but I'm not 100 percent sure that it's the same movie that I was looking for.

Well I'd need a few more clues than what you gave to suggest anything different.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Put Relentless in the search engine and press enter.

Once there, push add and you will see the first 5 episodes.

Where is the Add button, never used it. Aah!, you mean the Added button. Still don't see episode 1 though.

Edited by giddyup

Just now, utalkin2me said:

Thanks to poster who mentioned animal kingdom started back up. I am all out of sorts. Waiting patiently for Barry and especially succession. 

After mare of east town I decided to try an all hbo diet, bc the drama on hbo are always so good. Started white lotus. Can’t call it a drama maybe but I am very intrigued. I’ll be glued to screen next episode different in a good way, and it may be scary? It supposed to be funny but I feel a more serious vibe do coming in future episodes? I am not sure yet. 

off to catch animal kingdom…

Oh, and I didn’t mention Alexandra daddario is in white lotus. Need I say more. Maybe she is why I assume it will get a touch of horror?