Forum upgrade in progress! ×

What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

On 7/12/2021 at 9:57 AM, longball53098 said:

Yes, I watched in 2 sittings. It got more intense with each episode and the ending was quite a surprise. After the last episode they played a short on making the series and it was interesting to see and hear how hard the cast worked to get the dialect of the local Pennsylvania people and how they talk and act.  Well done series and the localization of the characters was right on.

Yes. I don’t think game of thrones will ever lose its reign but it is so delightful to watch these lower budget productions yet with top actors. Just top notch stuff all around. Gotta love tv nowadays. 

On 7/13/2021 at 6:57 PM, Will27 said:

Murder 24.7

Not sure if this ones been mentioned before.

It's typical BBC quality.

RARBG.

Thought this was very good, hope to see more.

Must be so frustrating when the suspect takes a “ no comment “ stance , not sure how the cops keep their cool !!

Slater must have visited Thailand and was hoping for a 500 baht and a wai punishment when he was singing like a canary , that didn’t work out too well for him ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Just finished the last episode of MR Inbetween---good series, only negative is that each episode is quite short, about 22 Min , then wait a week for the next.

That's why I wait and binge watch.

Will download the whole series tomorrow.

• Like 2

“ Secrets of the Krays “ (2021)  

A lot of documentaries about Ronnie and Reggie already obviously but this one brings a lot of footage ,photos and probably a few people willing to speak out now …….. who knows ……. but looks good .

6 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Just finished the last episode of MR Inbetween---good series, only negative is that each episode is quite short, about 22 Min , then wait a week for the next.

I know @Will27 has mentioned his binges before - I love the concentration over 22 mins, the anticipation for another episode and the arrival of the new episode.
I think it’s suits this show perfectly, there are so many unanswered questions every week.

What did happen to the guy in the prison after ray left? Then tonight .. amazing ending .. just that grin, it could be “oh well, times up” grin or “im gonna f you two up” grin. No one will ever know.

I found there is a Reddit sub for mr inbetween too, a survey and speculation.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Bailed and deleted after 20 minutes ....... totally incomprehensible.

And too many strong women in skin tight outfits fighting for no apparent 

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

And too many strong women in skin tight outfits fighting for no apparent reason.

Man, you missed Florence Pugh in the white skintight outfit. 
The missus was like “why are we watching this …. “ shut up woman, Florence is hot in that suit. 

But yeah, total lame movie.

ETS Sorry for the repeat quote 

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

Heist - New one from Netflix out there now.

Summary: Millions in stolen cash. Missing luxury bourbon. Watch ordinary people almost get away with these extraordinary heists in this true crime series.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

And too many strong women in skin tight outfits fighting for no apparent reason.

Black Widow just started at the local cinema, and I didn't bother. Those Iron Man and Co movies have degenerated into an excuse to blow things up and kill people, IMO. Not worth the money.

I always differentiate between "strong" women and women that fight. Dana Delaney played a "strong" woman in China Beach and didn't have fisticuffs with anyone.

Whenever I hear about a "strong" female in modern life I assume aggressive till I find out different.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, recom273 said:

Man, you missed Florence Pugh in the white skintight outfit. 
The missus was like “why are we watching this …. “ shut up woman, Florence is hot in that suit. 

But yeah, total lame movie.

ETS Sorry for the repeat quote 

No need to ever miss a female in anything- just use google images.

Somos, on Netflix (in Spanish, watched with English subs):

”The lives of the people of Allende, a Mexican border town, are overtaken by a powerful cartel's operations, leading to tragedy. Inspired by true events.”

https://www.netflix.com/th-en/title/81008489

This is the long read article that the series is based on:

https://www.propublica.org/article/allende-zetas-cartel-massacre-and-the-us-dea

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TimBKK said:

”The lives of the people of Allende, a Mexican border town, are overtaken by a powerful cartel's operations, leading to tragedy. Inspired by true events.”

Really enjoyed this one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, recom273 said:

What did happen to the guy in the prison after ray left? 

Did you miss it recom273--- it was right at the end of the program---so as not to spoil it for the others--you can look it up on IMDB episode 2

46 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Black Widow just started at the local cinema, and I didn't bother. Those Iron Man and Co movies have degenerated into an excuse to blow things up and kill people, IMO. Not worth the money.

Yer I did bother to download--but your right *Note to myself -if the movie starts off with pages of a comic book being turned, look for something else.

I wrote before that I quite liked Loki--but thats completely lost me now--possibly because I didn't watch all the other Comic book movies he was in before this series.

• Like 1

After watching the first 2 series of Mr Inbetween (which I thought were very good), I've just watched The Magician. I must say that I was quite disappointed, and it seemed to drag on. IMHO it works better as a 30 minute per episode series rather than a longer movie. I think that if I had watched the movie first, I may not have bothered with the series. YMMV

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Did you miss it recom273--- it was right at the end of the program---so as not to spoil it for the others--you can look it up on IMDB episode 2

Yeah, Of course I know what happened to him, but what really happened to him .. the genius appeal of the series was all the little sub plots that were just left dangling after every episode.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TimBKK said:

Gonna fire this up this evening. Thanks looks good. 

Lie With Me ---- Channel 5 Australian thriller 4 parts 12/7

So the new Oz/UK thriller is called    "Breathless" or   "Lie With Me"  or   "With Intent"  Depends where your looking.

Come in Will27.....................????....When are they going to fix up the Emoji's

Edited by sanuk711
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

“ Secrets of the Krays “ (2021)  

A lot of documentaries about Ronnie and Reggie already obviously but this one brings a lot of footage ,photos and probably a few people willing to speak out now …….. who knows ……. but looks good .

I did watch this one and as you rightly say it did bring out a few things which hadn't done the rounds before, including the fact that both of the Krays were homosexual, whereas before only Ronnie was fitted into that category.

Also in the doco was the fact that Reggie hadn't touched his wife sexually all the time they were together, and reading between the lines it was that which was a major factor in her committing suicide. IMO a worthwhile watch for anybody who remembers aspects of this era.

• Like 1

I watched the movie, "Settlers" even though I knew nothing about it and found it interesting enough, intriguing even, because the story only gently unfolded completely towards the end of the movie.

Slow-moving, but thought-provoking and I was very surprised to see it have a 4.8 score on IMDb as I thought it would have scored quite a bit higher than that.