What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

19 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Betraying the Badge.

Didn't mind episode 1.

Episodes 1 and 2 on RARBG.

Looks good Will27....... IMDB still don't have it,    

Police, Lying --Corruption--Taking bribes...etc..........At first look at thought it was about some

S.E. Asian country I know well so......but no...............:coffee1:

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

Another couple of old classics have popped up:- 

From Here to Eternity 1953   Burt Lancaster - Montgomery Clift - Frank Sinatra - Deborah Kerr - Ernest Borgnine.

Won 8 Oscars - 25 wins & 7 nominations total

In Hawaii in 1941, a private is cruelly punished for not boxing on his unit's team, while his captain's wife and second-in-command are falling in love

1246349922_FromHeretoEternity.jpg.1f0208fed2cb7184d3b49eeca26ed29c.jpg

Forbidden Planet 1956    Walter Pidgeon - Leslie Nielsen - Anne Francis

When Adams and his crew are sent to investigate the silence from a planet inhabited by scientists, he finds all but two have died. Dr. Morbius and his daughter Altaira have somehow survived a hideous monster which roams the planet. Unknown to Adams, Morbius has made a discovery, and has no intention of sharing it (or his daughter!) with anyone.

1367700106_ForbiddenPlanet.jpg.5eb043034f68a7c3370c7604f9d79f64.jpg

To me, in 1956 the robot was cute but the monster was really scary :w00t:

Both available from 1337x

Edited by Daffy D
Spelling!
  • Like 2

Watched an old movie from a while back, which I couldn't remember a great deal about, but I was pleased that I watched it again, and it was called, "Falling Down" with Michael Douglas in the lead role.

I don't think it was meant to have racist undertones, although he was in conflict with a Korean shopkeeper, as well as some Latinos, and just couldn't seem to understand what the world around him had become.

Worth another watch in my opinion.

On 7/30/2021 at 5:29 PM, TimBKK said:

He plays such a despicable character that I really felt a strong dislike for him by the end - IMO this is a sign of excellent acting, to be able to draw out such emotion from a viewer.  Good recommendation.

The authoress, Martina Cole wrote about 50 books..only 3 have been made into series..pretty good.

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 10:11 AM, sanuk711 said:

Looks good Will27....... IMDB still don't have it,    

Police, Lying --Corruption--Taking bribes...etc..........At first look at thought it was about some

S.E. Asian country I know well so......but no...............:coffee1:

No. It seems to be about America...made by Vice TV..cheap documentary <deleted> not a real drama series

On 6/25/2021 at 3:57 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

I think the correct line up is :

Jack Irish:

Series:

Season 1 - 2016 ( 6 eps )

Season 2 - 2018 ( 6 eps )

Season 3 - 2021 ( 4 eps )

Movies :

Bad Debts  - 2012 

Black Tide - 2012

Dead Point - 2014

Some sites are mixing them all up together and confusion abounds  ( as happened with Strike ) , my streaming site claims 4 seasons of 6 episodes each !!

A good way to put them in order is by the year, plus , all episodes are roughly 54 minutes long and the movies 1 + 1/2 hours .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Irish

I'm half way through watching (Season 4 of 7) Endeavour. This is a crime drama series about the early life of "Inspector Morse" based in Oxford. Pretty good so far with decent plots and acting. Typically 4 episodes per season. Well worth a watch IMHO. At 90 minutes per episode, it's a bit longer than I normally prefer. 45 minute episodes are my preferred option, although some series such as Mr. Inbetween and Sky Rojo (both of which I would recommend) seem to work well with only 30 minute episodes.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Really?

I thought this one was pretty good.

Think the rating of 7 is pretty accurate.

Each to their own.

Fair enough. The world would be a pretty boring place if we all liked/disliked the same things wouldn't it?

• Like 2