What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Disagree. Thought it was one of his better efforts compared to the other trash he usually appears in.

Fair enough. The world would be a pretty boring place if we all liked/disliked the same things wouldn't it?

27 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Just another disappointing Nicholas Cage movie IMHO. I think IMDB's rating of 7.0 is over the top. YMMV

YMMV--=- Your Mileage May Vary.....????......???

OK you got me......I'm an acronym Blond.......................so what does YMMV mean?

Edited by sanuk711

2 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

OK you got me......I'm an acronym Blond.......................so what does YMMV mean?

I don't know mate, I never used it.

On 7/31/2021 at 3:02 AM, giddyup said:

Jungle Cruise with Dwayne Johnson. An enjoyable action romp, and for those easily offended by cuss words, not a MF to be heard.

I thought it was corny and very childish, managed 3/4 of it. At least I never paid to see it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bartender100 said:

I thought it was corny and very childish, managed 3/4 of it. At least I never paid to see it

Agree with you, clearly a rip-off of the Mummy, Indiana Jones style movies.

Was surprised to hear Metallica "Nothing else Matters" playing in the background.

Not really Disney music.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bartender100 said:

Of course it was childish, it's a Disney movie aimed at children, but nothing says an adult can't enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Of course it was childish, it's a Disney movie aimed at children, but nothing says an adult can't enjoy it.

If their at a certain IQ level...................:w00t:

"Just Joking Giddyup...............".......................(what flavor ice cream did you have while you watched it....)

9 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

If their at a certain IQ level...................:w00t:

"Just Joking Giddyup...............".......................(what flavor ice cream did you have while you watched it....)

No icecream, sucked my thumb.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Just another disappointing Nicholas Cage movie IMHO. I think IMDB's rating of 7.0 is over the top. YMMV

6 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

6 hours ago, Will27 said:

I don't know mate, I never used it.

5 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Gosh, I am a Forum Blond as well.......................................:coffee1:

Sorry

Sorry for the confusion I seem to have caused. I am the perpetrator of the YMMV comment. Meaning everyone's may have a different opinion. Picked the acronym up on another forum.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Will27 said:

Roba

Got this one on TPB.

It's not great but it's pretty good.

There’s 5 seasons of it! Yikes!

I quite like the financial / journalist genre of Nordic series .. watching Blinded at the moment.

Alex Pina’s Sky Roja is back for season 2, not as good as money heist but still watchable.

Movie wise - Watched WalkingTall 2 and final chapter in HD.

One thing I might catch up on this week - Elise Matsunaga - Once upon a crime

• Like 2

American Dreamer (2018)

imdb 6.2

Heard Jim Gaffigan talking about his serious acting role on a late night talkshow and decided to take a look see.

To his credit JG does a credible job of portraying a man with a serious financial problem after losing his job , mix this with some emotional issues stemming from a separation from wife and young child and he is close to the edge.

His new taxi job is adding to his despair and agreeing to drive a local drug dealer around gives him possibly the worst idea ever in an attempt to get some financial respite.

The trailer, as is the way, tempts a better movie than is actually on offer but it’s okay if you like a dark movie with plenty of swearing and violence. I liked it but i am a fan of Gaffigan anyway.

My only complaint would be that JG’s character sticks to his plan through thick and thin, this was a tad unbelievable anyone else would have bailed when the bullets started to fly.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2021 at 12:06 PM, Daffy D said:

Not new but relevant these days:-

Outbreak 1995  Dustin Hoffman - Rene Russo - Morgan Freeman - Kevin Spacey - Cuba Gooding Jr. - Donald Sutherland

Army doctors struggle to find a cure for a deadly virus spreading throughout a California town that was brought to America by an African

Quite watchable with a good bunch of stars  :thumbsup:

Pandemic movie junkies also into sci fi might like the 12 Monkeys series (4 seasons):

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3148266/

Follows the journey of a time traveler from the post-apocalyptic future who appears in present day on a mission to locate and eradicate the source of a deadly plague that will nearly destroy the human race.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Big Argument going on -in TVChaosUK at the moment, someone uploaded all of "Jim'll fix it" programs........

Mods say,  they can stay......................:w00t:

image.png.cca6a3f62c477a1078b5aa31c6b0d103.png

Edited by sanuk711