What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

Just noticed a new series of "Wheeler Dealers - Series 17 " is out.

Series 17 
Car dealer Mike Brewer is back in the UK! Along with ace mechanic Marc ‘Elvis’ Priestley, he’s on a mission to find and restore iconic cars to sell for a profit.

Already up to episode 3 so don't know how I managed to miss this :blink:

Anyways, Episodes 1-3 available on RARBG, TVChaos & probably lots of other places.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Daffy D
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Dont bother to watch the series it is absolute dross.

Don't watch broadcast TV for well over 20 years.

Watch very few TV series as well, altho some are outstanding.

Bron/Broen as one example - Peaky Blinders as another

• Like 2

Help

This one looks good.
Should be out today.

Summary: Sarah seems to have found her calling working in a Liverpool care home where she has a special talent for connecting with the residents. Then, in March 2020, the Coronavirus pandemic hits.

• Thanks 1

Old 2021 Has HC Chinese subs. Very disappointed in this movie by director M Night Shyamalan, could have been an extended episode of The Twilight Zone. Considering this director has made some very good movies like The Sixth Sense, Signs, The Village etc, I found Old to be a bit cheesy. IMDB gives it a 5.9.

Edited by giddyup

20 hours ago, AJBangkok said:

I wont go into the plot but If you like clever and intriguing movies then I would recommend “The Man From Earth “ a 2007 movie that really draws you in and makes you think.

for some it may be the most interesting movie you’ve watched in a long time, for others Bleh nothing special.

If you loved this movie as I did, don't watch the sequel. It's atrocious!

58 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Would have preferred if they'd kept it serious instead of trying to make it a comedy in parts.

I know it was based on a true story, but surely he couldn't have been that dumb.

The money in the safe incident was ridiculous.

Not as good as the Underbelly series but watchable I thought.

• Like 1

A new series of "Highway Thru Hell" Series 10 is up on EZTV

See how a local heavy recovery firm works through the hard winters helping highway users that have fallen victim to the brutal road conditions. Their essential service keeps the traffic on the highways thru hell moving.

It is mind-boggling to see these guys work with such heavy equipment and in such bad conditions. They have to have a lot of courage, be extremely tough and have the smarts to do that job. I am glad this kind of stuff is on TV. It gives us a bird's eye view of a dangerous and scary situations these guys run into all the time that I would never know about or think of. It is great to get an education on how this stuff works.

1873308947_HighwayThruHell.jpg.1101d743d3773d36e79904a5962f83c2.jpg

21 hours ago, AJBangkok said:

I wont go into the plot but If you like clever and intriguing movies then I would recommend “The Man From Earth “ a 2007 movie that really draws you in and makes you think.

for some it may be the most interesting movie you’ve watched in a long time, for others Bleh nothing special.

I thought it was a very good movie and have watched it a couple of times!

Also watched the new movie about Ted Bundy called, "No man of God" and thought it was good, and esp liked Elijah Wood's performance.

Edited by xylophone
  • Thanks 2

On 9/13/2021 at 10:56 PM, giddyup said:

Can't change the facts, opinions aside.

"According to Rolling Stone‘s definitive list: 500 Greatest Albums of All Time, the Beatles’ 1967 album Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band stands as “the most important rock & roll album ever made.”

Removed post as off topic.

I'll only say I still think Sgt Pepper is pants.

Any Ally McBeal fans out there? I just watched the entire 5 seasons on DVD. I thought the first 2 seasons were excellent, but 3 and 4 were awful. Then the first half of season 5 was back to top form, but most of the entertaining actors got the boot and the story line was pants for the last half, before the writer invented a rather pathetic excuse for terminating the entire show.

David Kelley went on to create Boston Legal, which I never saw, but seemed to do really well in the ratings.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2

Another Clint Eastwood has popped up, should be watchable.

Sure is busy for a 91 year old.  

Cry Macho    2021  -- IMDB Rating 7.0  -- Clint Eastwood 

Amazing Clint Eastwood directed and took the lead role at the age of 91.

A one-time rodeo star and washed-up horse breeder takes a job to bring a man's young son home and away from his alcoholic mom. On their journey, the horseman finds redemption through teaching the boy what it means to be a good man.

1919650217_CryMacho.jpg.fa2c8e5f789c7ef6988ec0aad453028f.jpg

While on the subject of Clint, recently re-watched 'Sully: Miracle on the Hudson" with Tom Hanks directed by Clint Eastwood :thumbsup:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Another Clint Eastwood has popped up, should be watchable.

Sure is busy for a 91 year old.  

Cry Macho    2021  -- IMDB Rating 7.0  -- Clint Eastwood 

Amazing Clint Eastwood directed and took the lead role at the age of 91.

A one-time rodeo star and washed-up horse breeder takes a job to bring a man's young son home and away from his alcoholic mom. On their journey, the horseman finds redemption through teaching the boy what it means to be a good man.

1919650217_CryMacho.jpg.fa2c8e5f789c7ef6988ec0aad453028f.jpg

While on the subject of Clint, recently re-watched 'Sully: Miracle on the Hudson" with Tom Hanks directed by Clint Eastwood :thumbsup:

4 or 5 out of 10

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Any Ally McBeal fans out there?

Watched all 5 seasons a few months back for the 2nd time. It went downhill after Gil Bellows (Billy) left. Those 3 youngsters (1F 2M) that joined around season 3 or 4 made things worse/boring/khrap. Very much doubt I'll watch all 5 seasons again.

12 hours ago, bobandyson said:

Watched all 5 seasons a few months back for the 2nd time. It went downhill after Gil Bellows (Billy) left. Those 3 youngsters (1F 2M) that joined around season 3 or 4 made things worse/boring/khrap. Very much doubt I'll watch all 5 seasons again.

First time around when it was on tv I loved it, but I don't remember watching season 3 or 4. I know I watched season 5 as I remember the ending.

Anyway, I watched season 1 again and I'm half way through season 2. Season 2 is definitely when it got really good. Pity what happened in season 3. I won't be watching 3 or 4 again, but I did enjoy first half of season 5 when those 3 youngsters joined. For me it was a return to the delights of season 2, but to each their own.

The thing that really made the show so good for me is the music. Whoever did the music editing is a genius IMO. With the DVDs I get to enjoy the music sequences over again, so that's a plus.

Great music, great production values, great dialogue, great actors, pretty girls wearing very short skirts- what's not to like in season 2?

I agree about going downhill after Billy was killed off. They could have done worse than ending the show then. After all, the premise of the show was about the 3 way love affair. Without that, IMO it lost it's way.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 10:10 PM, whoppee said:

4 or 5 out of 10

Only managed about 15 minutes of Cry Macho. Found it to be cliched rubbish with bad acting. Then there was a young attractive woman trying to get 91 year old Clint into the sack, give me a break! Clint should have quit after Gran Torino.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Only managed about 15 minutes of Cry Macho. Found it to be cliched rubbish with bad acting. Then there was a young attractive woman trying to get 91 year old Clint into the sack, give me a break! Clint should have quit after Gran Torino.

It would appear that Clint's best days are well behind him. Not sure why he made this movie. Surely he does not need the cash.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Then there was a young attractive woman trying to get 91 year old Clint into the sack, give me a break!

One can only dream and at that age dreaming is all one can do. I too could only watch about the first 15 minutes of that trash.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 6:36 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Removed post as off topic.

I'll only say I still think Sgt Pepper is pants.

Any Ally McBeal fans out there? I just watched the entire 5 seasons on DVD. I thought the first 2 seasons were excellent, but 3 and 4 were awful. Then the first half of season 5 was back to top form, but most of the entertaining actors got the boot and the story line was pants for the last half, before the writer invented a rather pathetic excuse for terminating the entire show.

David Kelley went on to create Boston Legal, which I never saw, but seemed to do really well in the ratings.

Hmmmm, Ally McBeal or The Beatles?    LOL

4 minutes ago, mikebike said:

I am looking for 3 older UK series: Cutting It; Hearts and Bones; Cold Feet. Any thoughts on if/where I can find? Not seen them in the "common" places... Thanks!!

Edit: did find Cold Feet S06 and 07 on PB...

Found Cold Feet S01, S06, S07, S08 and S09 on fmovies.to 

• Thanks 1