What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

3 hours ago, bubblegum said:

Squid Game. Korean thing. Not as bad as it looks.

Cheers - I got that to that to watch.

Currently on 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt9073940/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

along with 

Lunchtime viewing while munching on a bacon sandwich is .. I think they did a pretty good job of capturing the original vibe. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, recom273 said:

Cheers - I got that to that to watch.

Currently on 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt9073940/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

along with 

Lunchtime viewing while munching on a bacon sandwich is .. I think they did a pretty good job of capturing the original vibe. 

I enjoyed Hit & Run. Not quite as good as Fauda but well worth watching IMHO. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2021 at 2:03 PM, sanuk711 said:

I watched the movie  "The Card Counter" last night....I thought it was OK...which, the way my record is running-- probably means I will have everyone telling me how bad it really was...........????

This one reminded me of this documentary.

On 9/19/2021 at 6:37 PM, giddyup said:

I couldn't suffer any more after that scene where she wanted Clint to join her on the bed, and I'm an Eastwood fan, but that was just stretching the realms of believability.

That scene did make me cringe a little, but then it's all just Hollywood make believe, Hollywood acting, Hollywood cliches etc.

I thought the movie wasn't too bad but as with most Hollywood productions, it's just that. . . .Hollywood. Often very little semblence to real life.  

5 minutes ago, bobandyson said:

That scene did make me cringe a little, but then it's all just Hollywood make believe, Hollywood acting, Hollywood cliches etc.

I thought the movie wasn't too bad but as with most Hollywood productions, it's just that. . . .Hollywood. Often very little semblence to real life.  

I thought it was just Eastwoods' ego getting the better of him.

Story of a kid adopted by a Japanese family who went to war with some Japanese language skills and got Japanese to surrender saving some lives. Still out there in the torrents. May also be on youtube.

This one on Netflix touches on the Asian American experience during the period too but its a family movie.

Well my choices may not appeal to all. I like some light stuff. Another one I like is this one. I'd love to get it on the torrents but it just isn't seeded. It's basically a story of the Pope takes a holiday.

Harold and Maude (1971)

"Cult classic about a suicidal young man who becomes involved with an elderly woman who teaches him how to live life to the max. Cort and Gordon are one of the oddest and funniest couples to ever grace the screen!"

Good soundtrack containing songs of Cat Stevens.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 3:47 PM, worgeordie said:

I like a good Western movie, watched one last night that I must

have missed from way back in 1968 , The Stalking Moon , staring

Gregory Peck .   fmmovies 

regards worgeordie

On the subject of older Western movies, I wonder if you've seen one called, "Will Penny" which stars Charlton Heston and Donald Pleasance, I think it was made some time in the late 60s, however I've watched it a couple of times in the past and thought it was good.

Oh, and thanks for the tip regarding, "The Stalking Moon", which I am in the process of downloading now.

• Thanks 1

Ganglands

New one from Netflix appearing, either subbed or dubbed.

Summary: Mehdi, a qualified robber, and Liana, an apprentice thief, get involved in a turf war between drug dealers, and have to collaborate in order to save their loved ones.

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2021 at 4:50 PM, xylophone said:

On the subject of older Western movies, I wonder if you've seen one called, "Will Penny" which stars Charlton Heston and Donald Pleasance, I think it was made some time in the late 60s, however I've watched it a couple of times in the past and thought it was good.

Oh, and thanks for the tip regarding, "The Stalking Moon", which I am in the process of downloading now.

I remember seeing Will Penny, which probably means it was a good one. It was made in 1967 according to IMDb and 1968 according to Wikipedia.

On 9/24/2021 at 8:07 PM, JimmyJ said:

A suggestion for those looking for a great but relatively unknown western - "Ride The High Country", Sam Peckinpah's second film and I put it with "The Wild Bunch" as his 2 best films.

The original movie version on The Wild Bunch had a lot of slow motion bullets hitting bodies and blood coming out, but the DVD version eliminated the slow motion, which IMO reduced the intended dramatic impact.

Similar to Singapore removing all the really shocking parts of the Exorcist for public viewing. Significantly changed the director's intent.

I downloaded and watched a western I had seen quite a few years ago and which I quite enjoyed, called, "Tom Horn", starring Steve McQueen and Linda Evans, and quite enjoyed seeing it again, and also picked up some nuances from this viewing, that I hadn't realised were there in previous ones.

These had to do with the promises that were made to Tom Horn when being engaged by the Cattlemen's Association to do some "work" for them.

IMO there was an unsatisfactory ending, so I went on to Wikipedia to have a look at what it said about his life and death.

Can't write any more otherwise it will give the game away, but if you haven't seen it, certainly worth a watch.

On 9/15/2021 at 3:07 PM, Daffy D said:

A new Michael Caine popped up, might be watchable:-

Best Sellers  -  2021  --  Michael Caine

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10339052/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Available with subs from RARBG

:thumbsup:

Dire, I thought. Only managed about 10-15 minutes of it last night, followed by 10 minutes of The Guilty with Jake Gyllenhaal. Finally settled on Crisis, which was good...7/10

On 9/26/2021 at 5:40 PM, xylophone said:

I downloaded and watched a western I had seen quite a few years ago and which I quite enjoyed, called, "Tom Horn", starring Steve McQueen and Linda Evans, and quite enjoyed seeing it again, and also picked up some nuances from this viewing, that I hadn't realised were there in previous ones.

These had to do with the promises that were made to Tom Horn when being engaged by the Cattlemen's Association to do some "work" for them.

IMO there was an unsatisfactory ending, so I went on to Wikipedia to have a look at what it said about his life and death.

Can't write any more otherwise it will give the game away, but if you haven't seen it, certainly worth a watch.

Yeah, it was a good movie. I don't remember having a problem with the ending though.