What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Watched Pale Rider again recently. A masterpiece. Same goes for the Unforgiven, High Plains Drifter, the Changeling, Mystic River, Million Dollar baby, Gran Torino, American Sniper, Invictus, Flags of our Fathers, Letters from Iwo Jima, Heartbreak Ridge, A Perfect World, and to a lesser extent Hereafter, Jersey Boys, Sully, J. Edgar, Midnight in the Garden of good and evil, Trouble with the Curve, and Absolute power.

Recently watched the spaghetti movies again. 2x Dollars, Good-Bad-Ugly, also Josey Wales, Two Mules.

Haven't seen Joe Kidd, Thunderbolt, or Beguiled for over 30 years so will give them a look-see.    

Edited by bobandyson

On 9/13/2021 at 6:18 PM, canthai55 said:

Now .. Led Zeppelin !!!

Notorious for copying others work.

In their career, the British rock band Led Zeppelin recorded many songs that consisted, in whole or part, of pre-existing songs, melodies, or lyrics. They sometimes credited those sources; sometimes not.

Whole Lotta Love – Based off of a 1962 Muddy Waters song called “You Need Love,” written once again by the great Willie Dixon. The band was sued in 1985, and courts ruled in favor of Dixon. The copying comes mostly in the lyrics, as Page's hard-hammering riff is his own work.

10 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Notorious for copying others work.

Did they get sued at all ?........... I remember (50 years ago--wow) George Harrison's Number 1 hit-

My Sweet Lord case that went on in the high court that he lost--- "He's So Fine,"

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

A Killing in Tiger Bay

Thanks Will27.... I am also enjoying "Kin"  --a good Irish drug scene thriller , which is now one of the most violent areas for drug dealing.

Good cast.   just annoyed that its only a 1 a week show.

--------------------------

If its UK made or USA but not so well known --I have found that  EZTV    has it and usually quite  quickly,

its the site that feeds The Pirates most of their UK stuff.

48 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Thanks Will27.... I am also enjoying "Kin"  --a good Irish drug scene thriller , which is now one of the most violent areas for drug dealing.

Good cast.   just annoyed that its only a 1 a week show.

--------------------------

If its UK made or USA but not so well known --I have found that  EZTV    has it and usually quite  quickly,

its the site that feeds The Pirates most of their UK stuff.

Thanks for that.

I usually just wait until the whole series is available and binge watch it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I usually just wait until the whole series is available and binge watch it.

Yer you don't have to navigate your way through the English Newspapers--who print it out in the news section, printed like it really happened-- "Is that really John's body they found-at the tense final to series 3"  --or-- "People amazed   that the uncle was the cold killer in the grand final of XXX"   its printed the next morning after the TV show--which is fine if you live there.   But if you don't, as you scan the paper its a sub headline so you just take in,

22 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Err!  I Don't know, never used that site :blink:

I can download it from any of the private trackers im on and upload it to somewhere for you .. prolly UKTVC would be easiest, but as it’s a cinema release then you need to confirm it was shown on TV. 

I have tried other places and they are a ball ache to upload to. Let me know what suits. 

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

A Killing in Tiger Bay

3 part series from the Beeb.
Episode 1 on RARBG.

Summary: On Valentine's Day 1988, a young girl is discovered brutally murdered in Cardiff's docklands. Despite evidence pointing to a lone white male killer a ten month investigation concludes with the arrest of five local black men. What happens next beggars belief.

I watched it a couple of nights ago and thought it was extremely good, however it was also extremely unsettling as to the outcome, but I won't spoil it here, other than to say that it is really worth a watch and if you're anything like me you will be saddened and in despair at some of the goings-on – – enough said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just watched Phoenix (2014) IMdb 7.3, German Language!

Phoenix Official US Release Trailer (2015) - Nina Hoss, Ronald Zehrfeld German Drama HD - YouTube

Interesting movie about a Jewess in post war Berlin. Very haunting music theme.

I can remember my mum singing this song when I was an infant.

The song "Speak Slow" was also featured in One Touch of Venus (1948) by Ava Gardner... what a goddess!

Speak Low - Ava Gardner - Eileen Wilson - Dick Haymes - One Touch of Venus - YouTube

2 hours ago, recom273 said:

I can download it from any of the private trackers im on and upload it to somewhere for you .. prolly UKTVC would be easiest, but as it’s a cinema release then you need to confirm it was shown on TV. 

I have tried other places and they are a ball ache to upload to. Let me know what suits. 

The Beauty Jungle  1964.

Had a Google for UKTV site but couldn't get past "Site not Secure"

Saw this movie way back in flickering B/W TV.  so it has been on TV probably several times over the years but who knows what channels?

I did a search for it on TVChaos, they do tv shown movies but no result from them.

My other main go to sites are RARBG, 1337X, TorrentDay, Extra torrents and TPB, KAT, Lime and Magnet so pretty well cover most.

Appreciate your efforts but please don't bust yourself it it's going t be too difficult.

:smile:

5 hours ago, Daffy D said:

The Beauty Jungle  1964.

Had a Google for UKTV site but couldn't get past "Site not Secure"

Saw this movie way back in flickering B/W TV.  so it has been on TV probably several times over the years but who knows what channels?

I did a search for it on TVChaos, they do tv shown movies but no result from them.

My other main go to sites are RARBG, 1337X, TorrentDay, Extra torrents and TPB, KAT, Lime and Magnet so pretty well cover most.

Appreciate your efforts but please don't bust yourself it it's going t be too difficult.

:smile:

Sorry - I meant TVCUK not UKTVC 

anyway, take a look back there, you should see it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, recom273 said:

Sorry - I meant TVCUK not UKTVC 

anyway, take a look back there, you should see it. 

Just checked TVChaos and there it was :intheclub:

Only been up for a couple of hours, explains why I didn't see it when I searched before.

Just clicked with the user name :blush:

You put it up - Big Thank You :wai:

Edited by Daffy D
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

Documentary - The Man Putin Couldn’t Kill

Available on RARBG.

I can not seem to locate it anywhere Will27...........................................

Can anyone PM me a link if they can.............:wub:

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

It's on rarbg. PM sent

Thanks Giddyup---I had just found it on Galaxy------

Every-time I entered it on Rarbg....would hit the button and it would change to --  The man putin couldnâ��t kill---- hadn't seen that before.......maybe I had better stop visiting string sites

Just downloaded new series American horror stories,not to be comfused with American horror story,  each episode a story in its own right  10 minutes in and two gay guys kiss in their car ,while ,wait for it one of thems teenage daughter sits in the back seat.

It seems every story these days has a gay couple,a black man or woman married to a white man or woman ,or some other minority .why? Is it the law now ???? oh by the wsy the daughter has lesbian thoughts. So just your average American family,,i love shows like this who writes them ,?

Edited by bert bloggs