What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

Tried watching the new series of "Silent Witness S24E01" but gave up.

Too much "Woke" to keep it entertaining, especially the black priest who looked scary enough to get me believe anything he might preach. :shock1:

Gave up at that point. 

Edited by Daffy D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

It was broadcast in the UK in May--we all watched ....... they are putting a repeat out--often happens.

Go to The Pirates type Grace-- 6 line down both episodes says Mini Series put on there in May---

I just watched Episode 3 on BBC iPlayer from Sunday night.

2 minutes ago, DanWill said:

I think there is a misunderstanding happening here. I am talking about VIGIL on BBC1 on Sunday evenings.

No idea what Grace is.

you quoted a post on grace, after i posted i thought you might have meant vigil.

grace is worth watch, its a uk cid cop show

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

Looking for the torrent of the 3 episodes of the series "Time". Checked my usual places including TV Chaos and no luck

TVC - Put the titles in alphabetical order by clicking the “name (up/down arrows) it’s on page 15. 

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

TVC - Put the titles in alphabetical order by clicking the “name (up/down arrows) it’s on page 15. 

I must be a dunce as I have looked at the listings the way you suggested and spent half an hour and no luck. Can you look again and give me the exact name the torrent is posted with? I try using the search feature and using the name Time brings up nothing

17 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

I must be a dunce as I have looked at the listings the way you suggested and spent half an hour and no luck. Can you look again and give me the exact name the torrent is posted with? I try using the search feature and using the name Time brings up nothing

I finally found it but I am not sure I can describe how I did it. It involved the Search function and the name up down arrows.

Can you tell me where I find bookmarked files? I can make a bookmark but where is it? A real newbie on this system

High Quality Selectivity limited to Spy / SciFi/ History/ Military Genres.

Best TV Series

”The Man in the High Castle”. Alt. History. PKDick  (Blade Runner author)

”Person of Interest”: spell - binding spy / consiracy AI surveillance drama

”Spartacus” ; breathtaking real-life Roman Gladiator Rebellion Leader

“MI6”: fantastic UK intel. service drama  (ten seasons of perfection)

”Breaking Bad” ( Crime): teacher turns meth. producer, exceptional 

”Fauda” & “ Hit and Run”: superb Israeli Spy dramas

Movies : Extraction, Ice Road. Prefer to watch in Cinema / Big Screen.

Waiting for Dune ( Classic F. Herbert Sci- Fi) & No Time To Die ( Bond)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

I finally found it but I am not sure I can describe how I did it. It involved the Search function and the name up down arrows.

Can you tell me where I find bookmarked files? I can make a bookmark but where is it? A real newbie on this system

I send you a PM 

The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst--6 episodes-HBO

If you have not seen The Jinx--it would rate as one of the best Doco out--- 6 years latter , it should end today.

The Pirates are still running with it (and other places probably) Riveting stuff

State making their final arguments to-day

• Like 1

American Crime Story--Season 3 came out 7/9/----10 episodes weekly

An anthology series centered around America's most notorious crimes and criminals.

This season  "Impeachment"   Clinton–Lewinsky scandal.

At the usual places.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Untold: Crime & Penalties

Really enjoyed this.

Summary: What happens when a trash magnate with mafia ties buys a minor league hockey team and puts his 17-year-old son in charge? A roaring, brawling, bruising, bananas, yet short-lived success, that ultimately gets rocked by the FBI. This was the real-life Sopranos story that begged the question, what could go wrong?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Body in the Snow: The Murder of Joanna Yeates.

Just saw episode 1 on RAR.

The body of 25-year-old Joanna Yeates was found in the snow near Bristol. She was discovered just days before Christmas by a couple walking their dog. It was a mystery with no obvious explanation for what had happened. This two-part documentary tells the definitive story of landscape architect Joanna Yeates' tragic murder and the subsequent hunt for her killer. The two programmes explore the police investigation and the events that surrounded it in forensic detail, including powerful testimony from key witnesses, detectives and those at the heart of the case. The documentary series features Joanna's landlord Christopher Jefferies, a former teacher arrested on suspicion of her murder but later released and cleared of any wrongdoing. This is the story of how her killer was eventually brought to justice and the truth behind one of Britain's most infamous trials by media.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DanWill said:

The Courier. Great movie. 

Yep!  

The Courier  ---  2020   ---  Benedict Cumberbatch

Benedict Cumberbatch's best performance to date, which makes it one of the greatest acting performances period

The Courier is well above average as espionage films go - subtle pacing actually magnifies tension in the story - the most elemental fuel for any thriller.

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, giddyup said:

It might not rate a score as high, but I put Get Shorty up there with Breaking Bad as one of the best TV series in the last 10 years.

Breaking Bad was very good but had an all mighty anti-climactic ending. Get Shorty to me slightly edges passed BB for the time being as surely there must be a fourth season and so remains to be seen if it holds up. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Yep!  

The Courier  ---  2020   ---  Benedict Cumberbatch

Benedict Cumberbatch's best performance to date, which makes it one of the greatest acting performances period

The Courier is well above average as espionage films go - subtle pacing actually magnifies tension in the story - the most elemental fuel for any thriller.

:thumbsup:

Sorry , I found the subtle pacing actually magnified the boredom I suffered watching the movie.

I enjoyed Cumberbatch's performance in his Oscar nominated performance in The Imitation Game (2014) much more.

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1