What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

Series 2 started last week - it seems more interesting than the first series - featuring Vinnie Jones as an Albanian gangster. I quite like the orchestral soundtrack but for those who don’t, it seems a slightly toned down for this series.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

I saw something drop on my torrent site this morning - I can't quite work it out, if this is old news I apologize. It was shown in 2019 but all the releases were from last Saturday, anyway, for those who are craving ..

This feature film is being used as a segment of the TV series storyline. It is a bridge between the fourth and fifth season, you need to see it to fully appreciate the upcoming final season.

Gomorrah
Episode Name: The Immortal
Episode: 1
Aired: 2019-12-05

Episode Overview:
Ciro's body is slowly sinking in the Gulf of Naples. As he plunges into darkness, memories emerge. It's 1980, the earth is shaking, and buildings are falling. A baby's cry emerges from beneath the rubble. Ten years later, the baby has grown into a young boy surviving, on his own, on the streets of Naples and getting his upbringing from the underworld. The aimless child of no one becomes Ciro Di Marzio, the Immortal.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I saw something drop on my torrent site this morning - I can't quite work it out, if this is old news I apologize. It was shown in 2019 but all the releases were from last Saturday, anyway, for those who are craving ..

This feature film is being used as a segment of the TV series storyline. It is a bridge between the fourth and fifth season, you need to see it to fully appreciate the upcoming final season.

Gomorrah
Episode Name: The Immortal
Episode: 1
Aired: 2019-12-05

Episode Overview:
Ciro's body is slowly sinking in the Gulf of Naples. As he plunges into darkness, memories emerge. It's 1980, the earth is shaking, and buildings are falling. A baby's cry emerges from beneath the rubble. Ten years later, the baby has grown into a young boy surviving, on his own, on the streets of Naples and getting his upbringing from the underworld. The aimless child of no one becomes Ciro Di Marzio, the Immortal.

I watched L'immortale a while back. Pretty good IMHO, it depicts the back story of Ciro. Worth watching.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Foundation, based on the Isaac Asimov novels, starring Jared Harris, the first two episodes are now available in formats up to and including 4K.

Watched 10 minutes ........ the most woke multi cultural garbage imaginable.

The actors are the most completely hopeless ever, and just seem to have been employed on the basis of not being white.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

Vigil..new..from the Line of Duty writer..Rather disappointing...lacks focus and unnecessary lesbian story line

Mr Inbetween..pretty good Aussie drama about hit man

Underbelly...great Australian mafia series

Ted Lasso...new American comedy..pretty good

Kevin can <deleted> himself very disappointing American comedy

Edited by The Hammer2021

I am watching the fairy tales filler list. One of the best anime series I ever watched. Fairy Tail Filler Arcs Anime is a great source of entertainment for kids and teenagers too. A large number of anime are being watched all over the world by a large audience who loves and appreciates them. Anime is the invention of the Japanese, And in a very small time period, anime became famous all over the world. Anime usually is based on manga. I used anime filler lists for the guidelines of the series and for the episode lists.

Just watched the latest episode of silent witness,well they have gone full on woke,black man married to white woman ,she is disabled with only one arm ,the new girl in the lab is a lesbian  and  the young girl in it is deaf and dumb ,was most dissapointed they did not have a tranny in it ,but i am sure they will soon.

What has happened to tv and movies these days its seems they are all about box ticking. 

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The actors are the most completely hopeless ever, and just seem to have been employed on the basis of not being white.

When i saw Asimov i was about to download it ,but checked on imdb ,dont think i have ever read so many bad reviews in my life ,about both the story and the actors.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

That saddened me, was looking forward to that.

I saw the other day that the wonder years has gone multicultural now, like .. its the story of Kevin, the geeky white suburban kid - he's not white any longer .. wt?

To be blunt i have virtually given up on new series ,and gone back to the old ,its not that i care if a prog has someone "different" in it its just now they seem to cram in anyone who is not ordinary just for effect and it shows.

i cant understand why they do it ,except to try and convince the next generation of viewers that its the new normal.

• Thanks 1

No “ woke “ stuff here.

Brian Johnson’s: A Life on the Road (2017-2019) tv series 12 eps

imdb 8.7

Lead singer of AC/DC gets to meet some well known names from the world of rock and pop ( Roger Daltrey, Nick Mason, Robert Plant , Paul Rodgers, Joe Walsh, Billy Joel, Mark Knopfler, Mick Fleetwood and Dolly Parton amongst others ) to discuss their lives and current passions.

An excellent series with some down to earth chatting about their rise to fame including some interesting footage from past to present.

https://youtu.be/mVJI6UUZ0g4

Available in all the usual places.

I'm binge watching Foyle's War at the moment. Just started season 2 of 9. It's pretty good so far and it's got a decent cast, including: Charles Dance, Tim Pigot-Smith, Danny Dyer, Rosamund Pike, Emily Blunt, David Tennant, Edward Fox etc. Well worth a watch IMHO.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0310455/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

'm binge watching Foyle's War at the moment. Just started season 2 of 9. It's pretty good so far and it's got a decent cast, including: Charles Dance, Tim Pigot-Smith, Danny Dyer, Rosamund Pike, Emily Blunt, David Tennant, Edward Fox etc. Well worth a watch IMHO.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0310455/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

Yes--IMO. Its one of the stand out programs around---- acting/plots  great ....they tried to carry it on after the war ended, putting him in MI5 but just wasn't the same

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Will27 said:

New one by Netflix is out there with subs RARBG.

Summary: A young woman is found brutally murdered in a playground and one of her hands is missing. Above her hangs a small man made of chestnuts.

English subs anywhere please?