What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

@Rampant Rabbit Are you using your TV or laptop speakers? This is always mentioned in different forums. I never feel that the music is overpowering (sometimes annoying like Law and Order S01) or that actors mumble. I have a beefy 5.1 system with a Yamaha receiver, I think that a soundbar is the least you can get away with, or a pair of bluetooth earphones.

• Like 1

Just now, recom273 said:

@Rampant Rabbit Are you using your TV or laptop speakers? This is always mentioned in different forums. I never feel that the music is overpowering (sometimes annoying like Law and Order S01) or that actors mumble. I have a beefy 5.1 system with a Yamaha receiver, I think that a soundbar is the least you can get away with, or a pair of bluetooth earphones.

Im using a LG 55" nano tv wall  mounted

3 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Im using a LG 55" nano tv wall  mounted

Yeah, as TV's have got thinner, speakers performance has got worse - Sound engineers mix with the vocals from the center channel and the music and surround comes from the R/L channels. Try a soundbar. 

Just now, recom273 said:

Yeah, as TV's have got thinner, speakers performance has got worse - Sound engineers mix with the vocals from the center channel and the music and surround comes from the R/L channels. Try a soundbar. 

I also  have a samsung system its equally if  not  more  bad witha  seperate subwoofer..turned right down

On 10/1/2021 at 10:50 AM, sanuk711 said:

Brutally violent.

Made in South Korea. And set to be Netflix's biggest global hit ever 

TOM LEONARD: Brutally violent. Made in South Korea. And set to be Netflix's biggest global

My Wife watch this last week......absolutely transfixed to the TV.......

Head of the streaming giant Netflix, has confirmed that Squid Game  is expected to become the biggest programme the network has ever shown. It is Netflix's top-rated show in 90 countries, including the UK and U.S., despite being in Korean and appearing with almost no fanfare. Some 95 per cent of its viewers are reportedly outside Korea. But the survival drama thriller offers more than gore: it is a sharp social satire about rich and poor, some say, but also a relentlessly tense mystery.

I just watched this and loved it !!

Kinda like a Korean version of Hunger Games but with some interesting and different characters ( not all young and good looking). The games are simple yet clever ………… and deadly !!, some good special effects too .

Recommend !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2021 at 7:34 PM, sanuk711 said:

24 Hours in Police Custody---- Started today  Season 12.

Just watched the first part---it was disturbingly Violent.....

There is something very different to seeing real violence then watching a scripted show.

The Thin Blue Line AKA Tunna blå linjen

Watching this one on SBS On Demand.

It's really good.

Not sure if it's available for download anywhere.

Summary: An intimate portrayal of the daily life of four police officers, where the line between private and professional life blurs out as tensions heighten in the animated and crime-ridden city of Malmö, Sweden.

Couldn't find a clip with subs, sorry.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Kinda like a Korean version of Hunger Games but with some interesting and different characters ( not all young and good looking). The games are simple yet clever ………… and deadly !!, some good special effects too .

Recommend !

I'm watching it, but I am finding it a bit silly and corny.

22 hours ago, Will27 said:

The Thin Blue Line AKA Tunna blå linjen

Watching this one on SBS On Demand.

It's really good.

Not sure if it's available for download anywhere.

Summary: An intimate portrayal of the daily life of four police officers, where the line between private and professional life blurs out as tensions heighten in the animated and crime-ridden city of Malmö, Sweden.

Couldn't find a clip with subs, sorry.

I can't find it on the usual suspects. Anyone?

On 10/2/2021 at 9:50 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

I found it to be ok. Too much hype probably spoiled it for me. 

It did make me want to take out Playstation console though. There must've been some subliminal imaging in some of the scenes. ????  

6 minutes ago, bobandyson said:

I found it to be ok. Too much hype probably spoiled it for me. 

It did make me want to take out Playstation console though. There must've been some subliminal imaging in some of the scenes. ????  

After 3 episodes had enough. Couldn't see what the fuss was about. Apparently if you managed to get as far as episode 8 then the acting really got bad (worse?).

On 10/1/2021 at 4:50 PM, sanuk711 said:

Brutally violent.

Made in South Korea. And set to be Netflix's biggest global hit ever 

TOM LEONARD: Brutally violent. Made in South Korea. And set to be Netflix's biggest global

My Wife watch this last week......absolutely transfixed to the TV.......

Head of the streaming giant Netflix, has confirmed that Squid Game  is expected to become the biggest programme the network has ever shown. It is Netflix's top-rated show in 90 countries, including the UK and U.S., despite being in Korean and appearing with almost no fanfare. Some 95 per cent of its viewers are reportedly outside Korea. But the survival drama thriller offers more than gore: it is a sharp social satire about rich and poor, some say, but also a relentlessly tense mystery.

The Romans had the real thing, but we have almost the real thing. Some of that violence is very realistic. We no longer see someone shot and fall down dead without any blood- now it is horribly graphic.

59 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Remember when Annie Hall was a huge hit?

I just watched it on DVD and can't understand why it was so big. Nothing special about it whatsoever, IMO.

It's fashionable to trash Woody Allen these days because of his various scandals but he has made many great films including Annie Hall. Not to everyone's taste of course. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's fashionable to trash Woody Allen these days because of his various scandals but he has made many great films including Annie Hall. Not to everyone's taste of course. 

Couldn't care less about his private life. I take movies on their own merit, not because some particular person made it.

Not a great movie at all IMO. Very average.

• Like 1

Woody Allen movies in general are quite polarizing. Like most people either love them or hate them. Of course he's made so many of them that some of them are objectively total duds.

My favorite is probably Zelig.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Ridley Road-----BBC 4 part thriller

Ridley Road is a thriller set against the backdrop of a swinging sixties London: an East End world where far right fascism is on the rise.

Just watched this first episode,not bad,i went to live in London in the swinging 60s( thats another story) but never ever ever saw anything like this ,my dad was Jewish,came over in the war to fight,we were brought up Christian ,but honestly never ever seen any anti sematism in my life ,certainly never in the swinging 60s.

Still the series is not to bad.

• Like 2