Bitcoin or Gold?

Bitcoin or Gold  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 1/17/2021 at 8:21 AM, mr mr said:

anyone else playing the *throw money at a coin wait 2 or 3 days and make 30 percent* game right now. it's like a chicken shoot out there. so much fun. 

I get paid today so will do exactly that. I've been doing it for a few years. Wonderful feeling when you can turn 100k into 150k in a few days. If it doesn't work, leave it in a few months. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 3:31 PM, Neeranam said:

Gold - $1943

Btc- $30,500

At the time the poll was made. 

Let's revisit in the future. 

I'm surprised that gold leads the poll. 

One month on:- 

Gold  -  $1839             - 5.3%

Bitcoin - $36,800       + 17.3%

• Like 2

On 1/5/2021 at 10:03 AM, gyps said:

Hard to make large profits when one coin is $33,000. But, I had an opportunity at $9,000 a few months ago. Oh well!

One common misunderstanding is that one can't afford the price of 1 Bitcoin. You can buy 0.1, 0.01. 0.001 etc. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 11:07 AM, worgeordie said:

I have noticed people who own Bitcoin or other variants always

are rallying people to join them and buy,buy ,buy......I wonder why,

no I think I know ...

regards Worgeordie

Why? I'd like to know ???? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

One month on:- 

Gold  -  $1839             - 5.3%

Bitcoin - $36,800       + 17.3%

To be expected, not everyone understands crypto, and while I am here let me shill my crypto picks, as much as I love Bitcoin, during times like this it is the smaller alternative projects that will see the biggest ROI, this is my alt coins portfolio in case anyone is interested (do your own research of course this is not financial advice, and just remember when everything is bullish like it is now, do not fall for the hype and buy the top, do not buy the pump, just wait, a day or two and buy the dump, its inevitable, you sell the pump and you buy the dump,  easy $$$:
image.png.1ac866b13de82bc417a8a2046335892f.png

Edited by greenhornfarang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bitcoin pre market up almost 1,000 close to 38,000.

Possibly a wave coming up to 50,000.

Bitcoin has a protocol for maximum circulating supply.

The high potential for this is probably just beginning.

Gold seems like dead money at this point.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 7:42 PM, Barnabe said:

In a two week global outage your coins will be jingling in the local warlord’s pocket while your carcass rots roadside ????

With enough Gold coins in my pocket, I will be the local warlord.

12 hours ago, Neeranam said:

The world's richest man, Elon Musk and Tesla have just bought $1,500,000,000 worth of Bitcoin at about $40,000.

I guess he doesn't know as much about investing as 48% of people in this thread :cheesy: 

LOL.   Beat me to it.   Maybe he hasn't heard the tulip argument?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Heng said:

LOL.   Beat me to it.   Maybe he hasn't heard the tulip argument?

I can't believe it but when I heard this news, I immediately bought some BTC at $42k. I started buying it at $2k!

This TOTALLY changes the game, BTC is going to $54k this week and possibly over $60k. I expect 200-300k by the end of the year. 

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I can't believe it but when I heard this news, I immediately bought some BTC at $42k. I started buying it at $2k!

This TOTALLY changes the game, BTC is going to $54k this week and possibly over $60k. I expect 200-300k by the end of the year. 

He can sell out anytime he want, and what would the effect be if he did? 

Funny Elon Musk buy BTC, thinking of the enviromental impact the BTC  have, and the resourches it needs at the moment. Just hillarious if you ask me. 

How more stupid can it become? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Just going to keep holding what I have.   Was actually using BTC gains to buy more gold (but stopped after last year's run up... didn't sell up, but will NOT increase those holdings) and land (mostly because surely that is the one thing that is more fixed in supply than crypto), but more and more starting to regret a bit not just sitting tight and holding the whole way. 

• Like 1

Yes, the blockchain network consumes energy.   The return in terms of financial freedom for the entire planet compared to say... mass tourism and spraying jet fuel through the atmosphere so we can jaunt around the planet to take selfies and populate our Instagram pages, I'd say the 'cost' is worth it.    One wouldn't say 'we must end aviation and tourism.'

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Heng said:

Just going to keep holding what I have.   Was actually using BTC gains to buy more gold (but stopped after last year's run up... didn't sell up, but will NOT increase those holdings) and land (mostly because surely that is the one thing that is more fixed in supply than crypto), but more and more starting to regret a bit not just sitting tight and holding the whole way. 

I agree with land, I'm looking at some at the moment, this would only be as a long-term hold for my kids.

On 1/6/2021 at 8:44 AM, Brickbat said:

But then, in 1995, the internet was ridiculed.

Was not the train ridiculed for horses?

Or the simple act of washing hands by medicos ridiculed

yo. bricks - I never heard any of this... my friends were excitedly telling me abt the internet... 

don't know abt the train either... 

maybe your friends, not mine

• Haha 1

On 1/12/2021 at 10:08 AM, Neeranam said:

Oh dear, Bitcoin has CRASHED to levels never see since LAST week ???? 

This was always the case w/the stock market too... I did great w/buy and hold for 20 years... while friends waited for the crash

you mentioned in another post getting 20%??

Dinosaur alert: And is there a way to buy into bitcoin through an ETF w/o buying something I don't know how to cash in [or buy] 

4 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

This was always the case w/the stock market too... I did great w/buy and hold for 20 years... while friends waited for the crash

you mentioned in another post getting 20%??

Dinosaur alert: And is there a way to buy into bitcoin through an ETF w/o buying something I don't know how to cash in [or buy] 

You can buy on Paypal, etoro, etc.

Check out https://www.microstrategy.com/en/bitcoin