Thailand orders a further 35 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine

snoop1130

4 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I think they could have a problem with that vaccine - I asked my wife if she would have it, absolutely not!  Chan-o-Cha may cosy up to the Chinese but its not a sentiment echoed by much of the population.

I seen an item on BBC news last night that Indonesia is about to start their vaccine program. The current plan is to only vaccinate those under 60.

Apparently the trials on the Chinese vaccine were only conducted on 18 - 59 year olds.

On saying that it should be borne in mind that China will also manufacture the Pfizer vaccine.

9 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

OH what a wonderful view of our hosts you have. 

I don’t know how true it is, but you are forgetting that high up Thai people are quite capable of thinking long term. ???? 

Maybe they high up after screwing people , you have proof otherwise ?

On 1/7/2021 at 1:58 PM, sandyf said:

I seen an item on BBC news last night that Indonesia is about to start their vaccine program. The current plan is to only vaccinate those under 60.

Apparently the trials on the Chinese vaccine were only conducted on 18 - 59 year olds.

On saying that it should be borne in mind that China will also manufacture the Pfizer vaccine.

China manufacturing the Pfizer vaccine - AS IF !!! you are under the influence mate. The Yanks would never allow it. Now go back to sleep - you are just in a dream delusion. NB China ccp has purchased the Pfizer vax (small amount) obviously to look after the ccp only - they don't trust their own Sinovac.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bangkocker said:

China manufacturing the Pfizer vaccine - AS IF !!! you are under the influence mate. The Yanks would never allow it. Now go back to sleep - you are just in a dream delusion. NB China ccp has purchased the Pfizer vax (small amount) obviously to look after the ccp only - they don't trust their own Sinovac.

Not entirely sure what it has to do with "The Yanks".  But maybe you ought to tell Pfizer they have a couple of manufacturing plants in China...

.https://www.pfizercentreone.com/manufacturing-network

I do not know whether either or both is manufacturing the Covid vaccine, but no reason whatever, other than set-up and other commitments the plants may already have why thye would not.

But don't let facts get in the way of your preconceptions, will you?

PH

The Astra Zenneker Vaccine was developed in Oxford UK but it is manufactured in bulk in Thailand it is the one being used now in the UK and has 95% effectiveness (perhaps more) which is the maximum so far, It must be given in 2 doses 12 weeks apart to maximise it's effectiveness therefore this purchase is for the first dose in 10 weeks time they will make another purchase for the second dose

1 hour ago, RobU said:

The Astra Zenneker Vaccine was developed in Oxford UK but it is manufactured in bulk in Thailand it is the one being used now in the UK and has 95% effectiveness (perhaps more) which is the maximum so far, It must be given in 2 doses 12 weeks apart to maximise it's effectiveness therefore this purchase is for the first dose in 10 weeks time they will make another purchase for the second dose

Yes, correct. It is also manufactured in Australia (under license). Quite different to giving a license to the Chinese Communist party. No one in their right minds would do that.

Will they be charging their people to get vaccinated as I believe they do for swab testing currently 4000BHT.

My wife is a school teacher out in the mountains they all have sore throats and tiredness but cannot get free testing, maybe other areas of Thailand are different but this is absolutely disgusting by their government not to protect their employees and offer free testing for teachers.

Assuming we will all have to show a "vaccine passport" to do a variety of things, like travel, what about those who have had the illness and recovered (the 99.98% under 70 and the 94.6% over 70) who now have natural immunity? 

How is that going to work? 

39 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

Assuming we will all have to show a "vaccine passport" to do a variety of things, like travel, what about those who have had the illness and recovered (the 99.98% under 70 and the 94.6% over 70) who now have natural immunity? 

The way that works is, they get a vaccine and then a vaccine passport.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bangkocker said:

Quote:"On saying that it should be borne in mind that China will also manufacture the Pfizer vaccine" >> Time for some spectacles and intellectual injection for your obvious lapses. Go back to sleep now.

Glad you now recognise that the OP said China, not the Chinese.

PH

19 hours ago, Trujillo said:

I think that is a false assumption to begin with

Folks around the world have already started getting vaccinated

None are being offered certificates of proof or a gold star in their passports ????

Maybe within a country like Thailand such a law could occur to move about...but world wide? Unlikely same as there was never a Polio vaccine stamp in passports etc

On 1/10/2021 at 9:09 PM, kickstart said:

No one has said how long the vaccines  lasts, or they do, not know for a country ,it could be like painting the Forth road bridge, treat the last person, then the first one needs a booster. 

Naturally there is no data on the protection lifespan of the vaccines. The virus has been known for a little over a year. The vaccines have been in development for around 6 to 9 months. Please tell me how the protection span could possibly be known?

But similar vaccines to the Oxford AstroZenica are showing protection over 17 years after they were given for SARS. So it certainly possible given the slow mutation rate of COVID-19 compared to, for example, the rapid mutation of influenza, that some or many vaccines will give similar protection.

with long term protection we will have to wait and see.

On 1/11/2021 at 7:46 AM, meechai said:

I think that is a false assumption to begin with

Folks around the world have already started getting vaccinated

None are being offered certificates of proof or a gold star in their passports ????

Maybe within a country like Thailand such a law could occur to move about...but world wide? Unlikely same as there was never a Polio vaccine stamp in passports etc

However there are certificates required by every country for Yellow fever vaccination if you are coming from a country where it is endemic. 

Cypress has already stated that with proof of vaccination there will be no quarantine requirement, without there is a 14 day quarantine.