Massage parlours plead for govt help

webfact

11 minutes ago, Mark Evans said:

You're a good man Oldie and I'd probably enjoy having a beer with you. However to me Ex means finished, moved on, no more. All the best. 

well everybody has a different opinion I have been married to a Thai women for 15 years

and we split up 5 years ago, but we are still good friends we see each other some times

we get along better now than when we where married .

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Oldie said:

And so there was no fight when we separated after more than 10 years. We had a great time together. But it got boring. I think there are many couples like this. 

I think there should be more couples like this -- I think this is a very real and mature way to deal w/the 7 year itch... too often people manufacture fights in order to have a reason to go on their way or get on w/a newer... w/understanding there does not have to be a reason for a nasty break-up... I don't get how people can be with someone for many years and then suddenly think they are an awful person... I would think they could have figured it out sooner...  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I think there should be more couples like this -- I think this is a very real and mature way to deal w/the 7 year itch... too often people manufacture fights in order to have a reason to go on their way or get on w/a newer... w/understanding there does not have to be a reason for a nasty break-up... I don't get how people can be with someone for many years and then suddenly think they are an awful person... I would think they could have figured it out sooner...  

Very true. Still get birthday/christmas cards from the X in UK and regular 'hows things' emails.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Massage parlours plead for govt help

By THE NATION

800_ff80609935f8b97.jpg?v=1609992891

The Charawi Association for the Conservation of Thai Massage on Wednesday handed over a letter at Government House addressed to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, who is also chairman of the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, urging the government to help spa and massage parlour entrepreneurs who have been forced to shut down their businesses to prevent the new wave of Covid-19 from spreading.

“Since the first wave in Thailand, massage businesses have employed strict measures advised by the Public Health Ministry, including limiting the number of customers, rearranging the service area to abide by the social distancing rule and providing thermal screening,” said Pitak Yotha, a representative of the association.

“However, spa and massage businesses were one of the first groups ordered to shut down and also the last to be allowed to reopen, which is not fair.”

Pitak said there are currently about 1,700 spa and massage businesses in Bangkok and 15,000 in other provinces.

“As many as 11,000 businesses have reported permanent closure due to lack of money, while about 4,000 that are still open are following the guidelines laid out by authorities,” he said.

“We would like the government to relax its shutdown measures on massage businesses, or at least come out with relief measures, such as exemption on property rent until the situation improves,” Pitak said.

“Many spa and massage businesses have limited access to the government’s soft loans provided via financial institutes, while other campaigns such as ‘We Travel Together’ or ‘Let’s Go Halves’ are not specifically tailored for customers of spa and massage businesses,” he added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400847

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-07

Kill your people to protect them, makes perfect sense

Just before the latest lock down that is not a lock down but it really is ... I visited many massage shops for legit massages.  They took my temp and there was proper spacing and all of that but what really has me confused is their constant recycling of the towels on the bed.  They lay a towel over the pillow on the bed and you breath into it for half an hour or hour depending on your booking.  When you are finished and she straightens up the massage table, they always reuse the towel.  So, the next guy or all the guys that day are breathing in the gifts left behind from the previous customer.  Why bother with hand gel or 2 meters between the tables when you are sucking in the virus from dirty reused towels.  No kidding, the 6 or more different shops that I visited, I never saw anyone exchange the towel, probably because it is expensive to launder the towels.   ????   Maybe the massage association needs to do some thinking in addition to having their hands out.