CCSA spokesman clarifies threat of jail for not using MorChana app

snoop1130

Just now, saminoz said:

So, it's now mandatory to have an Android or IoS smartphone?

Are they giving them out?

As I posted - that was rescinded long ago - as long as you sign in/out at places required and do not try to hide your travels there should be no issues under this hours policy.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, riverhigh said:

I live in Chonburi so if I screw up or Morchana has technical issues while I'm at the mall, I'm going to jail. I better start packing my suite case. 

You have to test covid-positive first before any legal action.

13 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Very  good!!!! ;  take to jail to the poor family friends of mine  who lives in Chanthaburi for don’t be able to buy food, pay school to their children  or buy a f # * ~ er smart phone.

Build a rocket to the moon, Lunatics!.

Well said, some think everyone can afford a s**tphone in these harsh times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jossthaifarang said:

With threats like this you would think there would at least be a download link! How the <deleted> do you get this app?

Type into the App Store or google play “morchana”. Not rocket science.

13 hours ago, internationalism said:

him, as a psychiatrist, should not threaten people with prison.

As a spokesperson for ministry of health, he should be dismissed from his position, together with his racist superior, for damaging 

credibility of this ministry.

There should be showing caring face of the government, leave all the threats to police, army

How is he racist? 

Edited by Neeranam

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Covid patients who do not own a smartphone will not face charges if they cooperate with health officials. Parkpoom said the CCSA just wanted to encourage people

So an ill-conceived plan to "encourage" people by threatening them with jail if they don't follow your nonsensical rule didn't work out?  I love Thailand for this kind of thing.  ????  

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, jossthaifarang said:

With threats like this you would think there would at least be a download link! How the <deleted> do you get this app?

Same way as you got all the apps to chat with <deleted> ????. Google Play Store

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bronzedude said:

I downloaded the app at home using wifi. When I went to Big C I opened the app but got a window that stated the app wasn't working. It worked fine at home with wifi. But since I have it on my phone, I guess I'm still legal. One one stated that it had to be working. It just had to be on the phone. Job well done. If the government wants people to have a working app, then they need to provide free internet service throughout Thailand. They have plenty of money. Just slice a little off the submarine and moon flight budgets. 55555

Maybe you should top up your internet sim or just activate bluetooth ?

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

I have asked the same in another tread but it fits very well in here, too:

Has anybody the latest update on:

1. Do you need Mor Chana or Thai Chana or both

2. Is it needed for travel across provincial borders only or as well within a province (in the past you could write down your name when entering a shopping center etc.)

3. Must location service be switched on all the time ? Neither my wife nor me have a data plan, we use prepaid only

Strictly speaking I do not even have a mobile phone but use the second phone of my wife. She has installed Thai Chana on her first phone (but never used it). Therefore she fulfills the requirements I suppose and so do I since I do not have an own SIM card. Or not ? Tricky one isn't it.

There are many things that you can theorically go to jail for but in reality never do. 

For example, engaging in in prostitution, smoking on certain beaches, not wearing a motorcycle helmet, driving a car with no shirt,, which you can go to jail for. 

You have fallen for the scare tactics, so kudos to the man, it works. 

I'm amazed at how paranoid and scared of authority many foreigners are. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

What about the people who BY CHOICE do not have a smart phone, people who just want a phone for people to contact them but are not interested in facebook or twitter etc. ............

There are even more who do have smartphones and/or tablets and use them at home or at a venue offering wifi. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, 0815 said:

Maybe you should top up your internet sim or just activate bluetooth ?

Is Bluetooth not only for short distance communication, nothing to do with the app. And you do not need a SIM to get WiFi.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This incompetent and draconian administration is so tone deaf, and so hungry for power, they are incapable of making these distinctions. Now, if only the people of this nation would take it upon themselves to threaten the administration with accountability.

You guys allowed this outbreak to happen. This could have easily been prevented. Why did you not lock down Samut province, within hours of knowing about this outbreak?

How many administration members have been arrested to date, for this astonishing level of malfeasance? What about the corrupt border officials? 

They threaten us, they lecture us, they arrest protestors, they issue one proclamation after another, yet they take no accountability for their own actions, or inactions. Enough! Stop the nonsense. Act like men. Do your jobs. Stop the yacking, and start the work.

You are more likely to go to jail for criticising the government than not having a phone app. 

You are overreacting. 

The same could be said of your country. Thailand has one of the best records for covid deaths in the world. Because we do what the government says, unlike countries like the USA, who value personal freedom more than their, and others' lives. 

2 hours ago, jossthaifarang said:

Use Android store/Apple- if you have a Android/Apple OPS and you can type in your Apps name and down load it. 

If you are totally computer illiterate, go to any server store AIS, DETACetc, Mobil phone repair shop and ask them to down load the App for you. 

Learn how to use it once it is installed. It is our responsibility, each one of us, to assist the Authorities with these Apps to track down and try to prevent possible uncontrolled spreading of the virus. 

Lockdowns are resulting of non compliance, see Europe, US etc..

Enjoy your day????