CCSA spokesman clarifies threat of jail for not using MorChana app

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He clarified that the legal penalty only applied to Covid-positive individuals in the 28 “red” provinces who have no records of travel, including on the MorChana app. The penalty – up to two years in jail and/or a maximum fine of Bt40,000 – would be strictly applied in the five locked down provinces of Samut Sakhon, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat, he said.

So if positive you go to jail and not hospital.......or does the Law state after recovery from covid having been isolated for 14 days you then go before the courts for sentencing?

Edited by Derek B
greater clarity.

14 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

You are more likely to go to jail for criticising the government than not having a phone app. 

You are overreacting. 

The same could be said of your country. Thailand has one of the best records for covid deaths in the world. Because we do what the government says, unlike countries like the USA, who value personal freedom more than their, and others' lives. 

Thailand had one of the best Covid records in the world, before it was ordered to introduce mass testing, using the totally flawed PCR testing kit. The Thai Govt changes it's policy day by day, scapegoats the usual suspects (foreign workers, "wicked" gamblers, alcohol, etc.).

I doubt Thais will get to elect another Government for a very long time. You won't have any other option other than doing what they say.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

My gym was shut down today. How does shutting a gym down, when people are freely allowed to travel from ground zero (Samut) to anywhere in the nation (until yesterday, apparently) make sense? Why was this province not locked down like a prison on day one? This could have easily been done. This outbreak could easily have been prevented, which makes me ask, is there more here, than meets the eye? Where is the consistency of the policy. Yes, I am over reacting, as should everyone here, to extreme incompetence, and a total lack of science based policy, to super corrupt officials, who likely allowed these infected migrants into the country. 

I agree, my point was really that all countries are the same(corrupt leaders). The whole nonsense started in Wuhan, the people there were not allowed to leave that city for other Chinese cities, yet were allowed to travel to Thailand. What did Thailand do, allow them in. However, they immediately got on top of the situation. There certainly is more than meets the eye. In the UK,  bumbling Boris hasn't a clue what he's doing and IMHO doing a lot worse than Prayud. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This incompetent and draconian administration is so tone deaf, and so hungry for power, they are incapable of making these distinctions. Now, if only the people of this nation would take it upon themselves to threaten the administration with accountability.

You guys allowed this outbreak to happen. This could have easily been prevented. Why did you not lock down Samut province, within hours of knowing about this outbreak?

How many administration members have been arrested to date, for this astonishing level of malfeasance? What about the corrupt border officials? 

They threaten us, they lecture us, they arrest protestors, they issue one proclamation after another, yet they take no accountability for their own actions, or inactions. Enough! Stop the nonsense. Act like men. Do your jobs. Stop the yacking, and start the work.

Placing more senior ranking females in the role of border force guards might be a worthwhile action.............yacking might continue though.

59 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

There are many things that you can theorically go to jail for but in reality never do. 

For example, engaging in in prostitution, smoking on certain beaches, not wearing a motorcycle helmet, driving a car with no shirt,, which you can go to jail for. 

You have fallen for the scare tactics, so kudos to the man, it works. 

I'm amazed at how paranoid and scared of authority many foreigners are. 

"You have fallen for the scare tactics, so kudos to the man, it works." the "scared of your own shadow" brigade is getting more members with each passing day just now. :cheesy: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UTH001 said:

And why should the police or army be allowed to threaten people, just wondering?

because they are there to oppress the people, on orders from the ruling class, to keep them obedient and  subjugated. Same, as everywhere in the world, where police and army exists.

They are allowed by the law, created by the ruling class, for their own particular interests.

So you would expect from them to threaten with jailing, not a doctor , a medical professional   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

There are many things that you can theorically go to jail for but in reality never do. 

For example, engaging in in prostitution, smoking on certain beaches, not wearing a motorcycle helmet, driving a car with no shirt,, which you can go to jail for. 

You have fallen for the scare tactics, so kudos to the man, it works. 

I'm amazed at how paranoid and scared of authority many foreigners are. 

Nice to see one poster who won't be joining the "scared of your own shadow" brigade.:cheesy:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

The corrupt Government officials caused this tragedy in the first place by turning a blind eye at the border! The Government admit this! But have they been arrested????Put in prison????

This type of news does not creep out it seems...........the Thai media could do a far better job trying to find out. We only kind of know what happened to Big Joke.

20 minutes ago, huangnon said:

Thailand had one of the best Covid records in the world, before it was ordered to introduce mass testing, using the totally flawed PCR testing kit. The Thai Govt changes it's policy day by day, scapegoats the usual suspects (foreign workers, "wicked" gamblers, alcohol, etc.).

I doubt Thais will get to elect another Government for a very long time. You won't have any other option other than doing what they say.

In most cases you can get round laws that you don't agree with. I have lived all my adult life like this, both in the UK and here, and I still don't have a criminal record.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Derek B said:

Placing more senior ranking females in the role of border force guards might be a worthwhile action.............yacking might continue though.

Anything is worth a try. Just don't do nothing. I trust women in a position of power and authority more than men, who have proven time and time again, they are not worthy, they are subject to corruption, and they are incompetent. In general of course. Especially here. 

The status quo stinks. It has to change, sooner or later. Now, the youth has been effectively prevented from further demonstrations, due to the plague they allowed to happen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

How is he racist? 

from the beginning of pandemic he had many racist comments, some of which he was forced to apologise or delete under social media pressure. He has even deleted one of his social media accounts, after claiming, that it was hacked and hijacked. That happen rather from the PM order.

the way, he is treating now burmese, keeping positive with negative together, behind barb wire.

Blaming them for bringing the virus.

Not including them into daily ministry reports, as they were inhuman.

Allowing one of his deputies to announce lock down in 5 eastern provinces, which had to be swiftly overturned by the PM.

Now, allowing his spokesman for threatening with jail.

He, and many his subordinates, are not health professionals, they are incompetents.

They got their posts through political deal with the junta. That's why they make so many mistakes which have to be rectified

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, internationalism said:

from the beginning of pandemic he had many racist comments, some of which he was forced to apologise or delete under social media pressure. He has even deleted one of his social media accounts, after claiming, that it was hacked and hijacked. That happen rather from the PM order.

the way, he is treating now burmese, keeping positive with negative together, behind barb wire.

Blaming them for bringing the virus.

Not including them into daily ministry reports, as they were inhuman.

Allowing one of his deputies to announce lock down in 5 eastern provinces, which had to be swiftly overturned by the PM.

Now, allowing his spokesman for threatening with jail.

He, and many his subordinates, are not health professionals, they are incompetents.

They got their posts through political deal with the junta. That's why they make so many mistakes which have to be rectified

Taweesin? 

I think you mean the Minister if Health, who by the way was misquoted by the English gutter press. He was right, foreigners refusing to wear masks wear a threat to national security. Many Thais agree with strict immigration policy, as do Americans and Brits. The Burmese were to blame, working illegally!

All illegal activities have an option for jail, but never used. I f you think you can go to jail for not having a phone app, well what can I say?

Most politicians around the world get their posts by some kind of Nepotism, Cronyism, or bribe; baby Bush, Hilary, etc.