Cautious optimism as number of new COVID-19 cases in Thailand declines for fourth consecutive day

webfact

11 hours ago, overherebc said:

To all who are confused.

Viruses don't like heat or strong UV. Their life span on a hot surface in the sunshine is very short. Cool weather kepts them happy and alive.

So, when not wearing a mask, keep on the dashboard of your car where it is hot and plenty of UV. I do and I ain't got Covid yet.    LOL

Edited by KannikaP

31 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So, when not wearing a mask, keep on the dashboard of your car where it is hot and plenty of UV. I do and I ain't got Covid yet.    LOL

Check how hot your car can get inside parked in the sunshine.

Quite often you read reports of kids 'forgotten' in back seats who die very quickly from, I take it, heat stress. 50/60C is common inside a closed car in the sunshine.

5ee133934dca68089a3453b5.jpeg

Edited by overherebc

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Check how hot your car can get inside parked in the sunshine.

Quite often you read reports of kids 'forgotten' in back seats who die very quickly from, I take it, heat stress. 50/60C is common inside a closed car in the sunshine.

That's why I leave my masks in there!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Sorry, no UV on a dashboard, UV can't get through glass.   Wind shields also have impenetrable plastic layers and UV filters.

BTW, you can buy small battery powered florescent tube lights. Change the bulb to a clear UV-C tube (from Ebay). When you leave the car, wrap the mask around the UV lamp. Come back and smell the ozone.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 2

For the numbnuts above who advocate wearing masks for long periods of time, you are ignorant. The size of the virus as compared to the size of the tissue is totally out of proportion. If there were viruses, they would go right through the masks. Wear them forever and the viruses wil still go through the fabric. Dunce!

8 hours ago, Magenta408 said:

For the numbnuts above who advocate wearing masks for long periods of time, you are ignorant. The size of the virus as compared to the size of the tissue is totally out of proportion. If there were viruses, they would go right through the masks. Wear them forever and the viruses wil still go through the fabric. Dunce!

But spit, phlegm, snot dirt and moisture won't penetrate the masks.