Vibhavadi Hospital shares rise after vaccine news

Mid December last year, Belgian State Secretary Eva De Bleeker (Budget) accidentally published a list on Twitter that may contain the prices the EU pays for the various corona vaccines.

The Moderna vaccine was quoted as US$18 per dose. As two doses are needed the costs of purchase per patient  will be US$ 36,-- or around 2.200 THB.

The Thai hospital is advertising that each person would be charged 6.000 – 10.000 THB. That means they could make potentially a nice profit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Halfaboy said:

That means they could make potentially a nice profit.

Absolutely. Vaccine for the hisos. Free market health care at its best.
And I expect Bangkok Hospital to come out with a similar coup.

But not for a bargain price of 10000.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Halfaboy said:

Mid December last year, Belgian State Secretary Eva De Bleeker (Budget) accidentally published a list on Twitter that may contain the prices the EU pays for the various corona vaccines.

The Moderna vaccine was quoted as US$18 per dose. As two doses are needed the costs of purchase per patient  will be US$ 36,-- or around 2.200 THB.

The Thai hospital is advertising that each person would be charged 6.000 – 10.000 THB. That means they could make potentially a nice profit.

in what world is 36$  = 2200 baht ???

2 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I gladly pay 6000 for a western vaccine, 10k is a bit steep but I might go for it anyway. 

I gladly save my money for being healthy and if I get a cold, I have my protocol that works every time to not let it go worse than a cold or flu, so avoiding hospitals for years where other people love to be a regular visitor , just because they have the best insurance in the world that pays for everything & nothing

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

My sisters getting vaccinated by appointment in the UK next Wednesday, completely free of course.

She's getting it even though she's only in her early 40's and healthy but she does work on the periphery of healthcare and the fact that her husband doesn't have a spleen might be something to do with it and she does come into contact with 'the ill'.

Personally I would like to be vaccinated and will be watching my sisters experience closely.

When a vaccine of my choosing is available I will pop along to Bangkok Hospital and get it, I will wait until they also issue the vaccine, if I have to wait a year then so be it but I will get the vaccine of my choosing eventually.

7 minutes ago, ukrules said:

My sisters getting vaccinated by appointment in the UK next Wednesday, completely free of course.

She's getting it even though she's only in her early 40's and healthy but she does work on the periphery of healthcare and the fact that her husband doesn't have a spleen might be something to do with it and she does come into contact with 'the ill'.

Personally I would like to be vaccinated and will be watching my sisters experience closely.

When a vaccine of my choosing is available I will pop along to Bangkok Hospital and get it, I will wait until they also issue the vaccine, if I have to wait a year then so be it but I will get the vaccine of my choosing eventually.

Sars was gone after 2 years, swine flu SCARE was a scam, ... by the time you get it, people will be getting covid-22 or 23 or both + flu + whatever is the flavor of the year

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Vibhavadi Hospital shares rise after vaccine news

By The Nation

800_c4cc1ae49f4ef2f.jpg

The share price of Vibhavadi Hospital (Vibha) rose by Bt0.19, or 10.56 per cent, to Bt1.99 per share in the morning session on Friday over news that the hospital had ordered up to 60,000 doses of Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccine.

Managing director Pijit Viriyamettakul said the hospital’s move was aimed at giving people access to a vaccine amid the present second Covid-19 wave, adding that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the vaccine.

He expected Thailand’s FDA to allow the hospital to vaccinate people in February this year.

“After receiving FDA approval, we will allow people to reserve their vaccination,” he said, adding that each person would be charged Bt6,000-Bt10,000.

He added that Thailand’s FDA had earlier ordered the hospital to refund money to people who had subscribed for Moderna's vaccine because at that time it hadn’t received US FDA approval.

“However, we still have a list of people who had subscribed for the vaccine,” he added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30400917?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-09

This is pure medical profiteering

Immoral, identical and should be illegal

• Like 1

This Is Thailand - where money and status opens the doors of opportunity and clears the path to the head of the line for those who have it.  Commoners to the back of the line please.  Kop khun!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

Don't forget that the price does not include medical charges and cost of transport from US to Thailand. If you want cheaper, buy Sinovac or AstraZeneca. Medical charges will always apply. Would be happy to pay 6000 Baht if I could. Instead I have to wait till govt. gives for free at my location. Although I dont want it free.

1 hour ago, Letseng said:

Don't forget that the price does not include medical charges and cost of transport from US to Thailand. If you want cheaper, buy Sinovac or AstraZeneca.

You think the transport or medical charges add up to 10.000 Baht per vaccine vial? I don't think each individual vial is delivered by personal courier. Take note, I quite the highest price, as that will be charge to dirty farangs. ...........Maybe even the price quoted isn't yet farang price.

Would be happy to pay 6000 Baht if I could. Instead I have to wait till govt. gives for free at my location

If you are in Thailand, you will die from old age before you get it for free, unless you are a Thai citizen.

Although I dont want it free.

Why you don't want it for free? You think if you pay the through the nose for the vaccine, it will be different in effectiveness ?

Edited by Susco
  • Like 1