Gambling and Covid: Foreigners arrested in big show of force in Pattaya this morning

rooster59

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Poker rooms have always been a problem in Thailand. Had a friend from the US who was a professional poker player.  He would play in Pattaya, Phuket, and Bangkok then go to Singapore, and The Philippines.  Many Thai friends he had were also heavy gamblers as well.

Why is it a problem?

I have a friend who takes very well-known Thais to poker tournaments in Las Vegas, Monaco etc. They have a lot of fun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Bangyai said:

Gambling really is a disease for Chinese it seems. They just can't get enough of it.

I had a hot Chinese girlfriend back in England but if we went into London for a night on the town she just could not pass an amusement arcade and spend 30 - 40 minutes in there on the penny arcade. To drag her away from a pile of pennies perched on the edge was a herculean task. She had pumped so many pennies into it that she seriously thought it owed her.  ' I am just about to win ' was her constant excuse.

sounds like you should have locked her in your bedroom when you went out on the town.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Poker rooms have always been a problem in Thailand. Had a friend from the US who was a professional poker player.  He would play in Pattaya, Phuket, and Bangkok then go to Singapore, and The Philippines.  Many Thai friends he had were also heavy gamblers as well.

We used to get a few professional gamblers renting villas around Rawai some years ago, could do with a few more at the moment they paid good money

Edited by ChipButty

51 minutes ago, Bangyai said:

Gambling really is a disease for Chinese it seems. They just can't get enough of it.

I had a hot Chinese girlfriend back in England but if we went into London for a night on the town she just could not pass an amusement arcade and spend 30 - 40 minutes in there on the penny arcade. To drag her away from a pile of pennies perched on the edge was a herculean task. She had pumped so many pennies into it that she seriously thought it owed her.  ' I am just about to win ' was her constant excuse.

My mate had a hot Chinese girlfriend back in England too, but she went off the boil.

3 minutes ago, KhunKenAP said:

Anyone stupid enough to go to gambling "den" right now deserves what they get.

I am waiting for them to start arresting Bridge Club player, like they did a few years ago.

And if you are playing Snap with a mate after dark it may be wise to not say SNAP too loud.

23 minutes ago, colinneil said:

This just shows that the plonkers supposedly running this place have absolutely no idea.

One of them reckons there are no gambling dens here, main honcho says hey are going to stamp it out, just more BS, at least all the BIG plod bosses got there 15 minutes in the spotlight.

Pretty sure they have a good idea Col. 

Everybody knows about it.

But you have to deny it. I would be amazed if they haven’t played themselves.

One of those things people do, but deny in certain situations, like visiting your Mia noi, smoking weed, what happens on a boys night out in Pattaya stays in Pattaya, when your good married mate picks up a sly one on a night out etc etc. 

It is the “code” to keep it quiet. 
Nobody likes a snitch.

• Like 2