Any pick-up recommendation?

heiri007

Good day

I like it powerful yet with good fuel economy. Ford Raptor is a bit on the too expensive side. ????

Ranger Wildtrak looks good, yet fool economy doesn't look too convincing with above 8l/100km

Looking for double cabin for 5 passengers.

Toyota Hilux Revo Rocco?

Mazda?

Inputs appreciatedÈ!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8l/100km isn't too bad. That's better than 12 km/l. To get better you could try the isuzu 1.9. Mitsu triton economy should be OK too. 

I like the look of the new navara 190hp twin turbo. Not sure on its economy though. The new revo has an uprated engine. Powerful but no idea on economy. 

Some details here, but new navara/bt-50 are missing. 

image.png.fb44ba104cd91e99f25d94553c19cee0.png

Edited by DavisH
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, heiri007 said:

Thanks for the heads-ups!

Cabins seem tight though - too big of a compromise compared to regular sedans?

And is it possible to have a pick-up with a black/white number plate? There are some, but most have the green/white plates.

Is there a particular reason you want a pickup truck - carrying loads often? 

Cabins are ok, if only for two people ridign in the front. The rear is always a squeeze, and the back rest is a bit too upright for my liking. 

• Like 1

I just bought New it’s 5 month old , Toyota Revo Rocco , I love its Black Automatic 6 gear standard transmission was too much shifting got automatic for long journeys, I bought Toyota have parts all over , I will say mot many after market accessories unlike Ford had so many Extras , but I wait for extras to be produced 

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, DavisH said:

8l/100km isn't too bad. That's better than 12 km/l. To get better you could try the isuzu 1.9. Mitsu triton economy should be OK too. 

I like the look of the new navara 190hp twin turbo. Not sure on its economy though. The new revo has an uprated engine. Powerful but no idea on economy. 

Some details here, but new navara/bt-50 are missing. 

image.png.fb44ba104cd91e99f25d94553c19cee0.png

Better suspension now 

15 hours ago, heiri007 said:

Thanks for the heads-ups!

Cabins seem tight though - too big of a compromise compared to regular sedans?

And is it possible to have a pick-up with a black/white number plate? There are some, but most have the green/white plates.

Green plates only for pickup with two doors, the four doors are consider to be in the car category standard with white and black numbe

Edited by thailand49
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Pickups are designed as working vehicles to carry heavy loads. The suspension designs are normally archaic - so there are big compromises in ride and handling compared to a saloon car.

I think the Fords ride and handle best but I personally wouldn't buy a Ford in Thailand. 

For me it would come down to Toyota, Isuzu...

I like the Height factor in Trucks in Thailand you. , you need it for driving in Thailand, too many rear - Enders on Saloon cars 

I've posted before about my purchase in 2018, Toyota Hilux although I look at all the other pickup at the Bangkok Car show I had already settle on Toyota for personal reason.

I think when a person think about power fuel goes out the window when I was still living in U.S. and got myself a Toyota Tuntra pretty much a RV I was thinking about fuel I was just thinking bigger the better get the hell out of my way!

Here in Thailand a bit of a different story getting old you don't need a lot of power to kill yourself. Although I could easily afford the top model 4x4 Rocco I didn't really like all the logo stuff marking along with the rear roll bar? I did like the fact it had 18 inch rims compared to the 17 standard of course it comes at 2.8

I ended up Model E plus out the door with all the trimming 860,000 from the list 890,000 black letter 2.4 7 speed Auto. 2x4. After two years plus I only have 11,000 Kilos only use it to travel up country not really sure of the tank capacity but 750 Kilos up to the farm I still have over a quarter tank. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Your buying s farm vehicle. You gonna work on a farm? No. Your gonna need a truck to move all your stuff? Twice.

Into and out of the house. 

Why buy a vehicle that us s terrible as a truck? Lethal suspension and top heavy. Why on earth would anyone want one of these vrap things? 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Pickups are designed as working vehicles to carry heavy loads. The suspension designs are normally archaic - so there are big compromises in ride and handling compared to a saloon car.

I think the Fords ride and handle best but I personally wouldn't buy a Ford in Thailand. 

For me it would come down to Toyota, Isuzu...

I agree that pickup trucks are work vehicles . Yet they are dressed up as sports cars with a speed capability that many drivers here in Thailand take to the maximum with fatal consequences . I think the speed should be controlled on these type of vehicles to 100 km per hour . 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, heiri007 said:

Good day

I like it powerful yet with good fuel economy. Ford Raptor is a bit on the too expensive side. ????

Ranger Wildtrak looks good, yet fool economy doesn't look too convincing with above 8l/100km

Looking for double cabin for 5 passengers.

Toyota Hilux Revo Rocco?

Mazda?

Inputs appreciatedÈ!

Navara, good allrounder and will do Kk Bkk easily on a full tank, and it will get up and go when required, i took my last one to 210.000 km with only a new intercooler (stone damage) and of course service things.