Next two weeks crucial if COVID-19 restrictions are to be eased: CCSA

webfact

Next two weeks crucial if COVID-19 restrictions are to be eased: CCSA

2pm.jpg
Picture: Naew Na

Thailand's Covid-19 authorities have said that strict measures will stay in place as previously announced until the end of the month.

While there are some signs that measures taken so far are beginning to have an effect, they are saying that the two week period until the end of January will show if they have been truly successful. 

Naew Na reported that no one wants to see the tough measures introduced on January 4th continue past  the end of the month. 

Thais have been urged to keep up the good work and follow the rules. 

The messages coming from Covid-19 spokesman Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin and national security council chief Gen Natthaphol Nakpanich offered the carrot of easing restrictions come February rather than the prospect of further sticks, notes Thaivisa. 

If the numbers are still poor at the end of the month Thailand could see an extension of the restrictions being experienced by many. 

Sources: Naew Na | NNT

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

At least open the schools!  Doesn't anyone in the government believe in education?

Not for the underlings no..treat them as mushrooms,kept in the dark and fed with sh y t e.... :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, Guderian said:

I'd agree that they seem to have done a good job of containing matters in Chonburi and Rayong, but the Bangkok numbers are worrying, why it hasn't been declared a red zone with strict restrictions on travel out I don't know. And the outbreak in Samut Sakhon rages on, one has to hope that they know what they're doing and can control it. There were 52 cases announced there in today's number found by active tracing and testing, but much more worrying is that almost as many cases, 47 in total, were found among the general population. That's not a good sign.

I haven't heard any concerns voiced, either, about the cold weather we're experiencing. Thailand's hot climate affords it some protection, in that many people spend much of their time outdoors, and even when inside they have the windows and doors wide open to allow the breeze to blow through. The virus finds it harder to spread under those conditions, but as in Europe and North America, when the weather turns cold people congregate indoors with the doors and windows shut, and the virus is much happier in those conditions. I wonder if in the next couple of weeks we'll see a lot more infections as a result?

Whatever, I hope the CCSA and government don't follow what's happened in many countries and relax the restrictions too soon, or it will all have been for nothing.

None of it matters anyway its out and its rampant. But the fact is 90+% of those people have 0 symptoms and only the weak die just like the Flu. Literally less than 3% death rate, Thailand is playing the game different than most countries, most  are sucking up all that government money by inflating numbers of deaths.

If this was a real pandemic therewould be bodies in bags in the streets laying outside every hospital in every major city. But its not because its no worse than the flu. Everyone on this forum has most likely already had it when it first spread. I know I had it!

Dont be worried, its nothing to be worried about baahhhhhh sheeple

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 1/16/2021 at 11:40 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

A Zoom class with 19 5-year-olds is not an adequate replacement for school!

The average child goes to school for what, 10 years? A few weeks or even months off won’t make the slightest difference .