Analysis - Trump's legacy: A more divided America, a more unsettled world

webfact

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The constitution also gives the electoral college. Do some research.

From hundreds of years ago.  Maybe we should bring back the horse and carriage?

It's antiquated, out of date, and needs to go.  Luckily, most scholars agree with this.  To the dismay of the gerrymandering GOP.

• Like 2

As an American. He really didn't divide the country any more than all politicians are doing and those Americans who say concession is what is needed, when asked that to compromise on, they have little to no answer. Trump wasn't a great president, but he wasn't bad either; however, he was a poor leader He did great work with China and the middle east and he pulled the USA out of further conflicts around the world, which most people want. He did not believe that multilateralism is the correct way to go and he gets judged harshly on that end, but he did start to come around. He failed to lead on Corona which lost him the election. 

But truly, it takes 2 to tango and if you hear the other party, they are just as bad as Trump about dividing the country. They scream, "come together" but only under their party, and their terms. It amazing how often I hear from the left that put this republican in office and he or she will destroy America. I don't hole Trump in high esteem, but the division in America goes way beyond him. Those on the other side of the aisle - politicians, the media and leftists individuals are just as much responsible.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Not true, do some research!

I have, and it is true.

An example, australia is said to have compulsory voting. It does not. It is compulsory to attend the ballot and have your name checked off, but whether you fill in the ballot to vote or not is up to you.

i have never voted. I turn up, get my name checked then walk out.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Apparently you believe in polls. I don't.

Based on your posting history, you don't believe anything about Trump that you don't like..

Keep this in mind for future reference:

"You can ignore reality but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality" Ayn Rand

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Anyone who does'nt vote should NEVER winge about ANYTHING political!

I never complain about anything political in australia. Why cant non US citizens complain about US politics.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

The data says the risk of transmission from an infected person is reduced by 70% when a mask is worn. An uninfected person reduces their risk by 30%. From memory, that data is from The Lancet, which is hardly a conspiracy site.

It is also a fact Thailand has had an embedded mask-wearing culture for decades, due to air pollution. It also has one of the lowest COVID infection numbers, despite having more Chinese tourists in the year preceding the pandemic, 12.4 million. The USA only had 2.8 million.

What is it about cause-effect you find so hard to understand?

You wrote > What is it about cause-effect you find so hard to understand?

Apart from the condescending nature of that rhetorical question, which doesn't bother me in the least but shows your true colors, it is the totally flawed logic of comparing the US with Thailand, and concluding that 'mask-wearing' made the Big Difference.

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see...

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

I have, and it is true.

An example, australia is said to have compulsory voting. It does not. It is compulsory to attend the ballot and have your name checked off, but whether you fill in the ballot to vote or not is up to you.

i have never voted. I turn up, get my name checked then walk out.

So why are you participating in this discussion? Don't ever complain about the result of an election if that is your attitude! The very basis of democracy is the right to vote!

Edited by PatOngo

7 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

So why are you participating in this discussion? Don't ever complain about the result of an election if that is your attitude! The very basis of democracy is the right to vote!

And the right not to vote. Are only americans allowed to participate on US politics, a new forum rule?

Edited by Sujo

56 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Poor guy didn't stand a chance with the lefty judges, mayors, BLM, ANTIFA, the media, sports and hollywood out to get him from day one. Surprised he stuck around for one term.

Good job 555..

You got all of almost all of Fox's talking points into one sentence.

You forgot one of my favourites though, The Radical Left.

Just now, bobbin said:

Based on your posting history, you don't believe anything about Trump that you don't like..

"You can ignore reality but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality" Ayn Rand

Apparently you completely missed the many posts I made in which I said I supported Trump as the least worst candidate in 2016. However, once elected I agreed with many of the policies he wanted to bring in, and I certainly disagree with almost everything the Democrats wanted to do then and now, so I supported Trump again this election.

Trump did many things I disagree with such as his Israel policies and he didn't go nearly hard enough on China, but none of us get everything we want in life.

When it comes to politics it pays to look at the policies and not the man, as all of mankind is weak and susceptible to wrong desires. 

"let he who is without sin cast the first stone" Jesus Christ.

• Haha 1

The bannon pardon merely exchanges bannon's likely future from a Federal Penn to a State Penn.

Any State AG can file charges against bannon for the same fraud from which he was just pardoned on Federal charges.

Any of the people defrauded by bannon (raising funds to build the wall that not only Mexico never paid for, but which never got built) can file a civil suit against bannon, too..

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

Best President since Ronald Maximus. Trump accomplished more in 4 years than biden did in 40 years in government. 

The facts speak for themselves. 

Cool, set your alarm for 11 hours to watch biden sworn in.

1 minute ago, bobbin said:

Good job 555..

You got all of almost all of Fox's talking points into one sentence.

You forgot one of my favourites though, The Radical Left.

Hmmm. I've watched a lot of Fox ( along with CNN, BBC, Al Jazira and RT ) over the past 2 or 3 months, but I don't recall them having those talking points. Perhaps you can provide a link to such.

Remember though, talking points means constant and not occasional.

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

Using your analogy, why are you participating on this thread when you didnt vote in it.

You have the right to vote, you don't exercise that right, enough said! I exercise my right to vote! This thread has'nt called for a vote!

The headline of this thread is (purposefully) misleading. 

From the article: "Trump didn’t create the bitter differences that have come to define American life."

The headline strongly implies if not downright displays that the divisions WERE created by Trump. 

As a newspaperman and editor for years -- when accuracy and non-biased coverage was the aim -- I can tell you these encroachments on neutrality matter. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, xylophone said:

I remember hearing people ask, "Is America ready for a woman president, or a gay president?"

Funny thing is I never heard anyone ask if America was ready for an incompetent, vindictive, mentally unstable, misogynistic, homophobic, racist, traitorous egomaniac, and yet, we got Trump.

and yet........................ over 70 million people voted for him.

Seems the Democrat candidate was so bad, TWICE, that millions preferred an incompetent, vindictive, mentally unstable, misogynistic, homophobic, racist, traitorous egomaniac over them.

• Sad 3