Analysis - Trump's legacy: A more divided America, a more unsettled world

webfact

8 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I'm constantly amazed by people who start their post with "I'm not a Trump supporter, BUT....", followed by incoherent nonsense masquerading as "trying to be objective."  Who do they think they're fooling?  Only a Trump supporter can believe the lies coming from Trump and his enablers.  Don't hide, own it!

The completely unnecessary politization of the covid-19 situation has confused the issues greatly.

1. Why should it be necessary when voicing your opinion on covid-19, to precede it with your political stance?

2. Yes, I am NOT a Trump supporter.  On the contrary, I despise the man and everything he stands for.  But I am now finding myself between a rock and a hard place.

Because the one thing (and probably the ONLY thing) that Trump got right was his dismissal of the covid-hysteria/panic.  Of course he did that for the wrong reasons, but face-masks, lock-downs and asocial distancing the way they are practiced now, are an abomination. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

An interesting read:

https://www.businessinsider.com/big-law-trump-untouchable-client-firms-condemn-business-2021-1

Trump is becoming an 'untouchable client.' Here's how law firms are turning on the president, from calling for his removal to dumping his business.

Can't read it, they want moneeeeey. Credible, because representing Trump is a reputational risk now.

• Sad 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

Can't read it, they want moneeeeey. Credible, because representing Trump is a reputational risk now.

Hmmmm....pops up for me easily?  I don't subscribe to that site.  But if interested, sometimes the NY Times does a $2 per month special for international readers.  Great research articles by them!!

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, J Town said:
46 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

<snip>

Trump has won one thing, the title of the worst President in the history of the USA.

<snip>

And for this, Nixon and Bush Jr are forever grateful!

Yeah, remember the time when many of us thought it can't get worse than Bush. And that's not even so long ago. And no, I don't want to even try to imagine if there will be a time when we will think: Trump wasn't really that bad...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Analysis - Trump's legacy: A more divided America, a more unsettled world

yet trump (and his followers) doesn't see it that way " I didn't start another war" he stated in his farewell speach, meaning he views himself as being a pacifist

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And he did nothing about it.

Let's be honest: 45 made it worse.

He downplayed it from the start. He dissed the use of masks and social distancing. Until at least June 2020 he continued to refer to it as a "Dem Hoax", despite knowing full well how dangerous and contagious it really was (listen to the Woodward tapes)

It's a parlor game to guesstimate what the death total would have been if 45 had acted responsibly instead of trying to help himself and his 'legacy', but the experts in the medical community say it's likely a few hundred thousand more Americans would be alive today if not for 45's failure.

• Thanks 1

If Covid-19 had not emerged, Trump would most likely still be president and in charge of a country with the lowest unemployment stasticics in 50 years and economical growth higher than Obamas. 

He dropped the ball big time after Covid-19 knocked on the door. 

Trump can only blaim himself for his loss and he should had left quietly, but instead he now has an impeachment to look forward to. 

Not the smartest move he made.

His legacy. 

Well it's not the best is it, even if he actually managed to do some good things for many Americans, even democrats in his 3 first years. 

Let's hope for a peaceful Wednesday... 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, J Town said:

No. He didn't dismiss it, he knowingly LIED about it. He even admitted this in a recorded interview.

When Obama came out and told the truth about Ebola, there was no panic cuz he behaved like an adult. Obama also listened to Dr. Fauci and as a result there was only a handful of deaths.

45 killed tens of thousands of citizens unnecessarily.

Why do people still defend this monster? Is it a 401k thing? I've asked this several times, no one admits it. Huh.

Please re-read my post (attached it again below), as it seems you completely missed my point.

1 - I do not 'defend this monster' > I actually despise him and everything he stands for.

2 - I wrote that he dismissed the covid-hysteria/panic for the wrong reasons (as he does with everything). 

3 - Your post is actually an illustration of the extreme and unnecessary politization of the issue.

30 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

The completely unnecessary politization of the covid-19 situation has confused the issues greatly.

1. Why should it be necessary when voicing your opinion on covid-19, to precede it with your political stance?

2. Yes, I am NOT a Trump supporter.  On the contrary, I despise the man and everything he stands for.  But I am now finding myself between a rock and a hard place.

Because the one thing (and probably the ONLY thing) that Trump got right was his dismissal of the covid-hysteria/panic.  Of course he did that for the wrong reasons, but face-masks, lock-downs and asocial distancing the way they are practiced now, are an abomination.