Analysis - Trump's legacy: A more divided America, a more unsettled world

webfact

On 1/19/2021 at 7:35 PM, kingdong said:

Did trump hold rallys during lockdown in the summer? I only remember the blm protests here ( uk) and usa,anyway no need to play the race card.

Yes, Trump held rallies during the summer.  Just ask Herman Cain.  Oh wait, you can't.

21 hours ago, placeholder said:

There ain't no chance that any but a few GOP Senators will vote to convict. Given the support Trump still enjoys among the big majority of Trump supporters, that would be electoral suicide.

Only 2/3's of the Senators present need vote for impeachment.  The Senate could give the cowards an easy out by insisting that all Senators pass through metal detectors and surrender weapons before entering the chamber. 

The Senators who know Trump should be impeached but are afraid of his power to get them primary'd out of the next election could refuse to enter.  During the elections they could argue they put the 2nd Amendment above all else.  It would be BS, but would work with gullible voters.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

The only "achievement" you mention, as opposed to opinions, is that Trump didn't start a war.  Neither did Obama, Clinton, Carter, Nixon, Johnson, and many others.  Getting involved in a war in progress is not starting a war, and Trump definitely got involved in the war in Yemen by supplying Saudi Arabia and providing diplomatic cover for the war crimes being committed.

He also loosened the rules of engagement in battling ISIS. He also reneged on an agreement to fund the rebuilding of Rakka after American bombers reduced it to rubble. American forces working with the Kurds didn't appreciate Trump making them liars.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I do wish posters read everything relevant before attacking me, and Chiang Rai is not a village.

The mask comment was in response to a post about mask wearing culture BEFORE corona, not now.

Perhaps it is you that needs better glasses.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I do wish posters read everything relevant before attacking me, and Chiang Rai is not a village.

The mask comment was in response to a post about mask wearing culture BEFORE corona, not now.

My avatar quite clearly says Location: " Chiang Rai AND a village". What part of that don't you understand? Yes, Chiang Rai is not a village, and your point is?

If you read MY post again, I stated there was no argument from me that other variables limiting the spread of COVID existed.

You're implying I can't read, when your first post clearly says "I don't know where you are in Thailand". Res ipsa loquitur.

Who is attacking now, without a leg to stand on?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Trump was the first president for decades that didn't start a war.

You do not have to start a war to kill people!

Apart from how he contributed to many deaths inside the US look at what he did to the people

in Yemen!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Chiang Rai is a province with lots of villages.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, jvs said:

You do not have to start a war to kill people!

Apart from how he contributed to many deaths inside the US look at what he did to the people

in Yemen!

And how he threw the kurds under the bus.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

What and "science" at the time had a clear and united view on corona?remember everyone on the forum waxing lyrically about the " sweden experement " ,and look at what a roaring sucess that turned out to be.

Everyone?  Clearly I do not count in that total.

PH

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

"Everyone?" On the contrary, it was mainly people who downplayed the seriousness of the threat and the uselessness of masks and social distancing.  Hmmm...what sort of person fits that description? What is his or her usual brand of political opinion? That's a real stumper.

Who knows...get it?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1