Analysis - Trump's legacy: A more divided America, a more unsettled world

webfact

6 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Donny boy was impeached twice and served only one term, spells loser to me! Bill blew a mean sax even though he did'nt inhale! :thumbsup:

well bill was a well liked politician with good policies and his cigar had permission.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

well bill was a well liked politician with good policies and his cigar had permission.

Even I liked Bill. It is his wife I have a problem with.

How did she ever think those awful pants suits were a good idea? Also it didn't help that she insulted half the voting population.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

I'm assuming that you're referring to the economy because I can't think of anything else significant that happened under Trump's watch  that was good for Americans . Just because a president is in office when the economy is doing well that doesn't mean the economy is doing well because of that president. That goes for Democrats as well as Republicans. There's no evidence at all that is tax breaks actually benefited the economy. if you look at a graph showing GDP growth from the Obama era to the Trump era you'll see very little change. The best year of economic growth under Trump was 2018 and that was due to both the sugar high of the tax cuts and the massive increase in spending. In fact GDP growth went down from 2018 to 2019.

So what good things do you believe Trump did?

Would you believe in any of this even if it's from NY times?

Some good, some bad, but i'm not sure how much credit NY times has.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/11/opinion/fact-check-trump.html

If not Try and read this from BBC where US historians speak their mind, where some point out some ok things, but also a lot of bad things.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55640427

I think it's important to take off the coloured glasses and look at the whole picture and not just hate Trump because he is Trump,

and i will say the same thing in 4 years from now when Trump supporters try to slander Biden.

I'm just trying to stay neutral and when i look at the different tests i took, about Biden Vs Trump politics, i was about 50/50 so both Democrats and Republicans has things i like.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Though i agree she was a terrible candidate, had no connection to people. Just seemed fake.

Whilst on the "fake" note, I watched Melania Trumps final farewell message, and almost gagged on it.

What a load of cobblers, from a heartless individual who would care more about her clothes than the American population, or any other human being for that matter.

And reading a speech from a teleprompter, with that speech being written by a trump enabler, made it even more repulsive.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Virt said:

Would you believe in any of this even if it's from NY times?

Some good, some bad, but i'm not sure how much credit NY times has.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/11/opinion/fact-check-trump.html

If not Try and read this from BBC where US historians speak their mind, where some point out some ok things, but also a lot of bad things.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55640427

I think it's important to take off the coloured glasses and look at the whole picture and not just hate Trump because he is Trump,

and i will say the same thing in 4 years from now when Trump supporters try to slander Biden.

I'm just trying to stay neutral and when i look at the different tests i took, about Biden Vs Trump politics, i was about 50/50 so both Democrats and Republicans has things i like.

I hear ya, but he did so many bad things, and said so many bad things, that's it's hard for many of us to congratulate him on the few things he did accomplish.  And some of his accomplishments were horrible.  Roll backs on environmental laws, banning Muslims, getting poorly qualified candidates into judicial positions, etc, etc, etc. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and yet........................ over 70 million people voted for him.

Seems the Democrat candidate was so bad, TWICE, that millions preferred an incompetent, vindictive, mentally unstable, misogynistic, homophobic, racist, traitorous egomaniac over them.

Or for other reasons ‘an incompetent, vindictive, mentally unstable, misogynistic, homophobic, racist, traitorous egomaniac’ was exactly what those who voted for Trump

wanted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and yet........................ over 70 million people voted for him.

Seems the Democrat candidate was so bad, TWICE, that millions preferred an incompetent, vindictive, mentally unstable, misogynistic, homophobic, racist, traitorous egomaniac over them.

this has me confused.  why point out how many voted for trump, when his percentage of the popular vote was smaller, in both elections?

the democrat candidate was so bad, twice, that millions more voted for the democrat (or NOT trump) than voted for trump?  that implies trump was considered worse, twice, although his election advisors were better.........once.

note:  my vote in '16 went to "NOT HER"

1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

this has me confused.  why point out how many voted for trump, when his percentage of the popular vote was smaller, in both elections?

the democrat candidate was so bad, twice, that millions more voted for the democrat (or NOT trump) than voted for trump?  that implies trump was considered worse, twice, although his election advisors were better.........once.

note:  my vote in '16 went to "NOT HER"

What policies of Trump's did you prefer over Clinton's?

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Australia does.

Wrong. You have to turn up to vote, and be checked off the electoral roll. You can leave the ballot paper blank, spoil it, or write anything you want on it. It's a secret ballot, no-one knows who you are.

If you have a reasonable excuse for not voting, such as illness or being overseas, no problem.

13 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You don't know where I live in Thailand? It is quite clearly stated under my nom-de-plume. I suggest your prescription, medical or optical,  may need changing.

You'll get no argument from me that diet, climate, previous vaccinations and cultural differences could be some of the variables influencing COVID transmission. Having said that, it's a fairly weak excuse to use for not wearing masks.

Mask discipline in Chiang Rai is pretty good. I'm quite sure if I was to enter Big C or Central Festival without a mask, I'd either be told to leave, or get the stinkeye from every Thai.

I do wish posters read everything relevant before attacking me, and Chiang Rai is not a village.

The mask comment was in response to a post about mask wearing culture BEFORE corona, not now.

Perhaps it is you that needs better glasses.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

And say goodbye to the USD.  Biden’s free spending penchant scares currency traders away, it’s risk on now.

And yet, Wall Street said Biden would be better for the economy than Trump.  Who would have guessed.  You really need a better source for your news.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

His racist, lie and hate filled Twitter feed?  You liked that?  And believed what was said?  Come on.  That's bigly bizarre.

RT is 100% owned by Putin.  Sad times when supposedly patriotic Americans watch a news outlet that's filled with propaganda.

Greg Gutfield?  Talk about a biased person spewing lies.

LOL. Talk about missing the point!

I never read anything on twitter and I stopped using that face thingy about 1 day after making the mistake of going on it. TVF is about the closest thing to social media I used. Sooooo, I don't believe anything on twitter or any other social media platform because I don't use them, at all, so I have no idea what is on them except what is reported on news channels.

My comment about RT was specific to seeing something that was not nauseatingly <deleted> kissing, so perhaps you could confine yourself to responding to the subject of <deleted> kissing, and not a diatribe about RT and Putin per se. Far as I'm concerned the main purveyor of propaganda over the past 4 years has been CNN ( my opinion )- I don't normally watch it but have done so the past election season as it is always a good idea to know what the opposition is up to. Happily I can now stop watch it.

Gutfeld may be biased, but at least he has a sense of humour, something that is sadly ( apparently ) lacking in your dear leader.

BTW being biased doesn't mean that what he says isn't true.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Remember when the security clearances of some people were supposedly pulled by 45, because those former officials (CIA, FBI, DNI) were critical of him?

So incompetent was 45 and his Administration that the clearances were never actually pulled, because nobody knew how to do it.

John Brennan never lost his TS/SCI. I suspect the same is true for McCabe, Comey and Clapper, but I haven't spoken with them.

OTOH, I assure you gone already are any clearances held up until yesterday by jared, ivanka, miller, grennell, pompeo, navarro, ratcliffe and a host of others. Also, none of those people can, or will, be trusted going forward.