Process for Transferring Land to a Company

I've been trying to find out the details for registering a company that will be used to own land and am getting varying/confusing info. Some say the company can be 48% farang owned, others say 39%. This is OK, I will go for 39% to be sure.

Other conflicting info relates to the registered capital. One company told me the Thai shareholders should have a bank statement showing funds of equal value to the shares they own (e.g. 1m registered capital would mean the 31% shareholder would have a statement showing B310,000 in their account). I'm not sure exactly what type of statement would be required. Some have said I should have preferred shares, some say I shouldn't,

I've read quite a bit here and elsewhere. Sometimes the info is old, sometimes it is conflicting and I understand there are also variations between provincial land departments. Can anyone point me in the right direction so that I'm not wasting money and time doing things that aren't necessary. Thanks in advance.

It is better to do the land transfer to a 100% thai owned company and transfer the shares later, Thai landoffices hate to deal with foreigners.

Yes you can own 49%, yes you can be director and have the most voting rights but no they will likely block your land transfer if you directly set it up like that for the sole reason to ruin your day - so do it later.

sometimes it is conflicting and I understand there are also variations between provincial land departments.

yes, they make this up as they go, they don't care about the law. And there's not much you can do if you want a fast solution except acting like they want.

Edited by ThomasThBKK