GPS anti-theft tracker

DefaultName

Hi, 

New bike, looking to get a hidden tracker fitted. 

Any recommendations for;

Make & model. 

Someone to fit. 

Or preferably someone to supply & fit. 

I'm in Pattaya, so not too far please - 50km or so doesn't matter, but Chiang Mai is out! ???? 

Thanks for reading. 

9 minutes ago, Agusts said:

I like this idea too, but do you think the cops will go to find it 500km away if it's stolen...!?

Or is it to see where your wife or kids venture out every day....! ????

Hopefully I'd notice that it was gone before it got that far.

• Like 1

Bit of a "thinking outside the box" option.

A mate made his own, smallest second hand smart phone he could find, small powerbank, hooked them together and used a "find my phone" app. Reason being, couldn't find a GPS tracker that had decent write ups that didn't require a monthly plan. His home made model was peanuts to "make" with no ongoing costs other than the cheap SIM, adding a small powerpack kept it powered for a week or so before recharging. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

Bit of a "thinking outside the box" option.

A mate made his own, smallest second hand smart phone he could find, small powerbank, hooked them together and used a "find my phone" app. Reason being, couldn't find a GPS tracker that had decent write ups that didn't require a monthly plan. His home made model was peanuts to "make" with no ongoing costs other than the cheap SIM, adding a small powerpack kept it powered for a week or so before recharging. 

Haha, that's a great idea, he could even call up the thieves and do a deal with them to bring it back for a reward...????????

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Agusts said:

I like this idea too, but do you think the cops will go to find it 500km away if it's stolen...!?

Or is it to see where your wife or kids venture out every day....! ????

For 20,000 baht they would

Surely the best thing to do is to prevent the bike from being stolen in the first place. Disc locks, chain, anchor bolt,  well lit storage area, simple alarm. (some disc locks have integral alarm) etc.

A tracker is not anti-theft. It is a stolen bike tracker.

Then there is the " I can sleep at night" factor if all done well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Surely the best thing to do is to prevent the bike from being stolen in the first place. Disc locks, chain, anchor bolt,  well lit storage area, simple alarm. (some disc locks have integral alarm) etc.

A tracker is not anti-theft. It is a stolen bike tracker.

Then there is the " I can sleep at night" factor if all done well.

My condo block has pretty good security, and I've introduced them to the new bike. You're right, it's that sleep better bit that's worth the money. 

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

They dont pay the full amount do they?

I don't have practical experience with it, but I just had a look at the insurance policies which I got for my big bike (2.5 years old bike, each policy for a year, so I have three papers and they all state the same values)

It says that in case of fire/theft they cover 670k, which was the official new price of the bike when i bought it (I didn't pay this price though).

It wouldn't surprise me if they would just pay the real value of the bike at the time of theft though and not actually the new price. But this definitely doesn't let me worry about that the bike gets stolen.

I even got the cheapo theft insurance for my small bike which the Honda shop sells you. Was 2500THB I think for 3 years. So for about 800THB per year I don't have to think about in which dark place I park my bike, I think that's worth it.

• Like 1