Vaccine side-effects a major concern for people, poll shows

webfact

18 hours ago, webfact said:

65.99 per cent said they want to know the vaccine's side-effects before inoculation;

63.88 per cent said they have little confidence;

Smart people.

But what is it with suan dusit polls - interviewing 1500 people out of a total population of 70 million?  (OK, remove all under 20, still not much of a sample for polls)

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ravip said:

After effects like sore arm, muscle etc for a couple of days are fine and acceptable. The concerns are of the other complications that cannot be reversed.

Would you care to publish the estimated lives saved by vaccinations in say the last 50 years ,compared to those who have suffered major complications ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Would you care to publish the estimated lives saved by vaccinations in say the last 50 years ,compared to those who have suffered major complications ?

It is about the COVID vaccination that we are referring to here.

Absolutely nothing against vaccinations, except the fear of this vaccination made in a hurry.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Wrong. 

You're not educated if you think correlation equals causation.

This statement which contains factual errors is almost as ignorant. 

Elaborate on what the "factual errors" are in my statement that you quoted. Simply saying "wrong" is a low IQ response.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Personally I have no problem with people that don't want to take the vaccine,  I hope even more would not, 

with limited supplies It leave more available for me' 

So please stop trying to convince them to take it. In fact you should agree with them and tell them to wait and see.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

The Covid vaccines were produced quickly because there was huge incentive and financial backing.

There is no evidence whatsoever that the trials were compromised , short cuts made or that they will be less safe than previous vaccines .

I fervently hope and pray you are correct.

Eventually, I guess, time will prove this...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jwbrit said:

My 97 yo mother had 2 shots of Pfizer, in UK. Seems like side effects were not a problem, beyond sore arm both times.

My daughter (nurse) in USA had 2 shots of Moderna. First shot developed a big lump at injection site as did her colleagues, sore and passed. Second shot made her feel like <deleted>, fever, body aches and fatigue.

Yes... a few vaccines give you a sore upper arm muscle for a few days where you got the shot.  Two examples being the Tetanus vaccine shot and the Shingrix Shingles vaccine shots. Sore upper arm muscle for two or three days is normal and to be expected for those vaccines. I received both those vaccines and I just put up with the sore muscle. No problem. Four days later the soreness was gone. I get a booster Tetanus vaccine shot at least every ten years. 
   I’ll get the Pfizer Covid vaccine shots.  

• Like 2

On 2/1/2021 at 1:12 AM, simtemple said:

I’d be worried about being elderly with co-morbidities.  I’ve heard that 100% of elderly people die. Whether they get the vaccine or not. 

• Like 1

The vast majority have "adverse reactions" as state by the CDC - arm redness, pain, etc. However, they also state severe adverse reactions, somr resulting in death are extremely rare, and are at the rate of those injected with a placebo. In one study 2 died afer beith given a pfizer vaccination, but 4 in the placebo group also died. It's only anti  vaxxers coming up with this rubbish. To their chagrin they may need to get a vaccination to extend their visa 555 

Edited by onthedarkside
reply to hidden post
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DavisH said:

The vast majority have "adverse reactions" as state by the CDC - arm redness, pain, etc. However, they also state severe adverse reactions, somr resulting in death are extremely rare, and are at the rate of those injected with a placebo. In one study 2 died afer beith given a pfizer vaccination, but 4 in the placebo group also died. It's only anti  vaxxers coming up with this rubbish. To their chagrin they may need to get a vaccination to extend their visa 555 

Yes... Tetanus vaccine and Shingles Shingrix vaccine also gives a sore arm muscle for a few days. But that didn’t stop me from getting them. I’m willing to put up with a sore arm muscle for a few days in exchange for the protection. Other vaccines don’t bother me at all. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Catoni said:

A few people get complications with any vaccine. (A few people get horrible complications from eating shellfish or nuts.)

The question is...do the vaccines save a lot more people from grief and death?  Do the benefits outweigh the complications? 
   Are we more willing to drive in cars and ride motorcycles and risk accident and death? Or do we swear off riding in vehicles and just walk ? 

its down to your age if you necessarily want to live imo,

65+ are at risk of the virus, in which case i would place my bet on the vaccine, but below age 65 i place my bet on

letting my body handle it

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Numerous posts have been removed, for reasons including false or unattributed information, information from non-credible sources, information from disallowed social media content, etc etc.

Please be aware of the forum's rules on such matters:

2) You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

UPDATED NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING ON THAIVISA AMID COVID-19 - 25 MARCH 2020

In addition to the guidelines posted below and those detailed in the Thaivisa forum rules and following the announcement that Thai government will invoke emergency powers in order to help deal with the COVID-19 situation in the country, Thaivisa requests members posting on the forum to abide by the following:

Do not post news or any form of content, including video, audio, images, social media posts that contains messages that may cause people to be afraid or intentionally distort information, causing misunderstanding during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site.

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I'm sorry but that's just not true according to any of the research data I can find.

Serious adverse side effects from vaccines are indeed virtually always experienced within a month or two of receiving the inoculation(s).

This is because of the basic nature of how vaccines work. They give an immediate and often relatively short-term boost to the immune system. After that initial jolt and ramping up of the immune response to a peak, usually within 10-14 days, the effects start to wane gradually. In some cases, the effects of the vaccine diminish to such a level that you need a booster every so many years (e.g. tetanus, meningitis). It's true that some vaccines give long term immunity but even those that do, still tend to become less effective as people get older.

There's no convincing evidence that I've seen, of vaccines causing serious, adverse side effects years later (or even one year later).

There was one study I found from Finland that claimed to have found a link between childhood flu vaccinations and children developing diabetes years later. However its findings were based purely on statistical probability, without any proposed causative mechanism and could not be replicated, even by people using the same data. The study is now widely considered to be based on a flawed data model.

If you have any published research findings that show differently, I'd be genuinely interested to see them.

The Yellow Fever vaccine used to need a booster every ten years. It’s now considered to give lifelong immunity. 
  Same with Hep A and B vaccines. A completed series is considered to give life long immunity. 

• Like 1

Many people allergic to the Flu shot are allergic to eggs. (Eggs are used in production of the Flu vaccine)  I would also expect you to get itchy hives all over your body also if you were getting an anaphylactic allergy reaction. 

I’ve been getting the Flu shot every year for about fifty years now with no side effects at all. 
  But the effects you describe also sound like the side effects of an anxiety attack. Do you have fear of needles and injections? (Trypanophobia)

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed

23 hours ago, EricTh said:

The immediate side effects of rashness are minor but the serious side effects might come much later or months later.

Some people died in Norway after taking the Pfizer vaccine.

Some people died and never had a vaccine in their life. 

• Haha 1

Correlation does not imply causation.  A brother of mine developed asthma and did not have a vaccine. 
  And as a child I had asthma and then my asthma went away after having my childhood vaccinations.   So did vaccines cure my asthma?  

I’ve had the Flu shot every year for the past fifty years, including H1N1 vaccine, and I’m perfectly fine. 

• Like 1