[VIDEOS] Inside Bang Sue Grand Station: Thailand's new state of the art transportation hub

Jonathan Fairfield

30 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

The MRT blue line trains that will use the station are also Siemens trains and were manufactured in Austria.

The MRT will continue to use the existing Bang Sue exits. They will not be part of the station itself. 

Although the exits are adjacent to the station, the walk from the platform to the exits is ridiculous! 

11 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

The MRT will continue to use the existing Bang Sue exits. They will not be part of the station itself. 

Although the exits are adjacent to the station, the walk from the platform to the exits is ridiculous! 

Is that really true? I know that's how it is *currently* but everything I have read about Bang Sue says the mrt will be on the basement level. 

Do you know for a fact they are not connecting it directly? 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Yeah yeah, they copied, blah blah, coz that's what the Chinese do innit.  You can say any country in the world that has HSR copied the Japanese.  

The Japanese system is incredible and absolutely flawless.  So is the Chinese.  And sorry, the Chinese are the world's leading experts now, like it or not.  38,000 kms of HSR currently, compared to Japan's 3,000km.  They have developed technology that allows them to build faster and more efficiently than anyone else.  They are safe, comfortable, punctual, smooth, and very impressive.  China has almost certainly run more HSR passenger kms than anyone else in the world by now.

Ever been on the Maglev in Shanghai?  It's a bit pointless but utterly incredible to ride at 430kmh.  That's been running for nearly 20 years now.  Guess what?  It hasn't fallen to bits like your mysterious busses.  You need to wake up and accept that the Chinese do trains very very well.

You are wasting your breath, superb system and unless it's been seen most, particularly Brits, will be reluctant to believe an Asian country can be so far ahead of them.

Their only defense is to say it's no good, as though the HS2 fiasco is anything to be proud of.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Is that really true? I know that's how it is *currently* but everything I have read about Bang Sue says the mrt will be on the basement level. 

Your interpretation is right.

In the future, it will connect to SRT Red Lines and Airport Rail Link at the Bang Sue Grand Station. Its symbol color is   blue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bang_Sue_MRT_station

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Nearly 5 years now since the new rolling stock was introduced, should keep up.

So it's 5 year old new rail stock...good to know; were they actually new 5 years ago or more Japanese and South Korean hand-me-downs? 

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Oh high-speed rail cars are here...good to know; or are these more Japanese and South Korean hand-me-downs? 

Where did I mention high speed?

It is against the rules to  misquote a post, par for the course on here.

In July 2016 State Railways of Thailand (SRT) took delivery of 39 brand train carriages from Chinese train manufacturers China Railway Rolling Stock Corporation and China CNR Corporation. This is the first part of larger order of 115 new passengers carriages. These carriages are now in use on 8 train services on 4 routes.

https://www.thailandtrains.com/thailands-new-trains/

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

You are wasting your breath, superb system and unless it's been seen most, particularly Brits, will be reluctant to believe an Asian country can be so far ahead of them.

Their only defense is to say it's no good, as though the HS2 fiasco is anything to be proud of.

Yep, exactly.  Just tiresome racism really.  

As well as HS2 we can hold up Crossrail as a shining example of Western brilliance.  Er, oh.  And Eurostar which had to run attempt  half speed in the UK for the first 13 years...

(I'm a Brit but not so blinkered to admit we are light years behind the Chinese and other Asian nations)

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Where did I mention high speed?

It is against the rules to  misquote a post, par for the course on here.

In July 2016 State Railways of Thailand (SRT) took delivery of 39 brand train carriages from Chinese train manufacturers China Railway Rolling Stock Corporation and China CNR Corporation. This is the first part of larger order of 115 new passengers carriages. These carriages are now in use on 8 train services on 4 routes.

https://www.thailandtrains.com/thailands-new-trains/

Where did I...and where did I quoted you?

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

3 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Since i, myself, am not involved in the design and development, I can't say for a "fact'.

Since the walk from the MRT platform to the exits always seemed ridiculously long, and given the direction one walks, when Bang Sue Grand came to be, it all seemed to make sense. However, when I contacted the BEM and asked about direct access from within the station, I was told that there were no plans for any new exits/entrances from their platforms. 

When I think about the long walks involved between Hualumphong and the MRT platforms, Old Bang Sue station and the MRT platforms, and now no new exits/entrances planned for Bang Sue Grand, I can't help to wonder if there is some animosity between the MRT and the SRT ...

3 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Where did I...and where did I quoted you?

Good one, edit the post and then deny it.

This was your original response to my post.

"Oh high-speed rail cars are here...good to know; or are these more Japanese and South Korean hand-me-downs? "

4 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Yep, exactly.  Just tiresome racism really.  

As well as HS2 we can hold up Crossrail as a shining example of Western brilliance.  Er, oh.  And Eurostar which had to run attempt  half speed in the UK for the first 13 years...

(I'm a Brit but not so blinkered to admit we are light years behind the Chinese and other Asian nations)

As you say, tiresome. My wife is second generation Thai Chinese and some of the garbage on this forum is unbelievable. Her niece did her medical degree at Sun Yet-sen uni and we went a couple of times, real eye opener, streets ahead of the west in many respects. Also a Brit.

11 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Good one, edit the post and then deny it.

This was your original response to my post.

"Oh high-speed rail cars are here...good to know; or are these more Japanese and South Korean hand-me-downs? "

No you replied before my post was complete...when the edit window closes. (And I edited it before I ever saw your reply.) Still waiting for where I quoted you...

2 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

However, when I contacted the BEM and asked about direct access from within the station, I was told that there were no plans for any new exits/entrances from their platforms.

Enlightening, not often someone on this forum says they believe what they were told. 

8 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Ah, more TVF anti Chinese bigotry  by the sound of it.

Whenever we get the high speed network they will likely be Chinese but seeing as the Chinese are the world's experts in high speed rail why would that be an issue for you?  Other than casual racism?  

Maybe one issue would be the national debt incurred to the Chinese - and what happens when the Chinese wish to collect on the debt..... (Not so) Soft Power exerted by the Chinese.

On 2/5/2021 at 8:52 AM, josephbloggs said:

On 2/5/2021 at 2:49 PM, sandyf said:

Enlightening, not often someone on this forum says they believe what they were told. 

Wandered the Bang Sue MRT station today. Also spoke with a couple employees.

According to them, there will be, "eventually", an exit to Bang Sue Grand. However, no one has seen any real sign of construction.

There is another set of turnstiles at the opposite end of the entrance floor. This is where they have been lead to believe there will be "Exit 3". At this point in time, there are signs in front of it designating Exit 1 and Exit 2, then same designation at the other end. There is no construction beyond the turnstiles heading out. 

Maybe they plan on using an existing elevator ... Time will tell.

IMG_6222.JPG

Edited by Curt1591
  • Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 12:44 PM, Curt1591 said:

Wandered the Bang Sue MRT station today. Also spoke with a couple employees.

According to them, there will be, "eventually", an exit to Bang Sue Grand. However, no one has seen any real sign of construction.

There is another set of turnstiles at the opposite end of the entrance floor. This is where they have been lead to believe there will be "Exit 3". At this point in time, there are signs in front of it designating Exit 1 and Exit 2, then same designation at the other end. There is no construction beyond the turnstiles heading out. 

Maybe they plan on using an existing elevator ... Time will tell.

IMG_6222.JPG

Ah. Taking the MRT to the train station, then taking the train somewhere, sure would beat all these packed buses, bumpy roads, and sleepy drivers. Let's hope someday.