How The Pandemic Has Upended The Lives Of Thailand's Sex Workers

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Mos grew up in a poor province on Thailand's northeastern border, eating fish from the river and leaves foraged from the forest. He wanted to eat pork and pizza.

Was getting paid to eat pork, then can spend the bacon on pizza.......Im available for any cute chinese gals if they want to take advantage of me  ????

• Haha 1

"Boys, boys, boys, where are you going," the women said as a couple of men strolled by. "I love you!" they yelled at strangers. They pretended to swoon and called every passing man handsome. One woman, tilting on her stilettos, tugged with her full might at a man's arm to pull him in and perhaps oblige him to buy her a shot. He wrestled his arm free and walked on...

Ahhh a rite of passage most of us here have gone thru since arriving in LOS ....

. As a foreigner, the Thai people they met eyed him suspiciously. They asked her how long he'd been in the country, trying to determine if he was a disease vector. When she brought him back to her family home in Isaan, A's mother decamped to the local temple, afraid she would catch COVID-19 from him.    Not sure if calling me a farang or disease vector is worse!? ????

If anyone read the article and say the pics of the gals in them , that in itself might explain why there are no customers.....ugh..even after a bottle of sangsom...nope!

Edited by ChakaKhan
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

The same can be said of thousands of other professions and work types, and the are all suffering, this pandemic isn't very kind to no one...

Oh, I don't know about that............Food delivery companies like Grab and Panda are doing a roaring trade as are some of the restaurants that almost exclusively cater to them.

Freight forwarders like Kerry have sprung up everywhere and are also seeing good times.

Other than that, I agree with you.

• Like 1

It has hurt a lot of them for sure. However there are other jobs out there. I know some that have gone to work for grab and food panda and a nephew just got a job in a factory in Chonburi so there are other ways to make a living if this particular trade isn't working out for them anymore. I wish them well

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Mos, 26, was a "moneyboy" — a sex worker — at a gay bar in the Thai tourist hub of Pattaya. For him, it was a dream come true.

I guess if you're gay and like old gay men then yes it is a dream come true. My own personal dream of flying like superman has yet to come true, so he's got that on me.

• Haha 2