Everyone in Thailand should be vaccinated soon, not just Thais.

JohnHans

I would not willingly have any vaccine . I'm nearly 84 and was vaccinated with my own vaccine created from a throat swab taken by an eminent London doctor .  Since 10 yrs old I have never had flu again , I'm guessing that my personal immunity may also protect me from COVID-19 .

If pushed I would accept the Russian " Sputnik V " . I have had a wonderful life , having done nearly everything I wanted to do , the good old days are far behind . Post COVID-19 if such a day ever arrives , is going to be worse than now , Good Times Are Not Just Around The Corner .

I envy family and friends who have already died before this pandemic , who will never know of it . My world is finished , though physically more fit than most at my age I don't want to live to be 100 . 

• Like 1

Slight thread drift, but following Singapore, Malaysia has indicated that foreigners will be eligible for free vaccination but 'Malaysians will be giving priority'. Foreigners in this case refers to non-citizens residing in Malaysia, which includes foreign workers, long-term residents like retirees and possibly 'undocumented foreigners' which presumably means illegal workers/immigrants https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2021/02/664950/non-citizens-residing-malaysia-get-free-covid-19-vaccine

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 10:56 PM, JohnHans said:

30 Baht scheme is only for people working, I had it before (worked for Thai companies for 30 years) now i am retired I can't get the card, Thai people also, as soon as you retire you don't get any help. Many people have lost their jobs and are unemployed, there is no help and no 30 B Card. 

Please tell me why "us Farangs" should pay? 

Not correct, 30 baht is for people who don't work and are not in the social security system (pakan sakom) if you worked for a Thai company and used to pay your 750 baht a month than you can stay in their social security system for 400 something a month after retirement. (if you did not take the 300.000 baht or so that you paid during 30 years. If you can not that means that your company did not follow the rules.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2021 at 6:44 PM, JohnHans said:

The cover stopped when I turned 53 I was still working as well so I made extensive queries and was told I can't get the 30 Baht card cover.

Because you are working, the 30 baht is for people who are not covered by the Pakan Sakom and that contribution should have been round 750 for you and another 750 by your employer.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zhounan said:

No.

If you are afraid and if you are a victim of a childish, terrorist and manipulative media companion, lock yourself at home for the rest of your life and let healthy people live and love their lives in a carefree and humane way.

So far,80 fatalities in a population of 70 million.

On 2/7/2021 at 10:31 AM, FritsSikkink said:

What a nonsense, cost for medical care in a government hospital is next to nothing for Thai people. Do you have any proof of this ridiculous statement?

Not everyone is on the THB 30 Scheme.

In our village there are quite a few people who Can't go the Any Hospital as they don't have the money.

There are 3 persons  (Thais) around here that didn't have the money to Stay in the hospital and because of that They Died.

• Sad 1

On 2/10/2021 at 6:44 PM, JohnHans said:

The cover stopped when I turned 53 I was still working as well so I made extensive queries and was told I can't get the 30Baht card cover.

The Gold Card (30 baht scheme) is available for Thais only, but for a very short time was available to foreigners who were registered in the Yellow Book, about 15 years ago they stopped the issue of cards to foreigners, my father (British Passport Holder) had one and used it until he died, the only things he paid for in the local State Hospital was private rooms and ambulance transportation, when he needed treatment at the Provincial State Hospital he was given a referral letter and charged under the same terms.

I failed to get one as they didn't correct a spelling mistake on my card before the Government stopped the availability to foreigners.

When I was working I was paying Thai Social Security premiums (454 Baht a month) which gave me limited medical cover from State Hospitals.

On 2/7/2021 at 9:35 AM, JohnHans said:

There should be no discrimination by not including foreigners residing here in a nationwide vaccination programme, If the government excludes the sizable foreign population, they are going to have a hard time getting rid of the virus, 

I think only foreigners who pay tax, should get it free like Thais. Actually, those who work will have insurance. 

Those who don't, like retirees, can afford to stick 800k in the bank for a via, so should pay something. They should have medical insurance too, so they don't sponge off the Thai govt.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

Question;

If Sinovac is offered and I take it.  Is there any reason I can't also take a "better" vaccine when one is available a few months later?

No, I don't believe so.  In fact it's likely we'll all be mixing vaccines for the next few years until the mRNA vaccines are improved logistically.

The sinovac vaccine should protect you from serious illness, possibly even from SA variant.

35 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

If Thailand had accepted the 2m doses from India they could have at least  vaccinated everyone in the current hotspots plus healthcare workers

I read just the other day that their facility is producing 5000 doses per minute.

I will not use any vaccine of any kind and would even prefer to overstay or use fake documents to extend my visa !

even doctors do not decide what medicine I use on my body and you think that I will let any government decide for me ?!

Yes, I have what many here do not seem to have anymore.

Edited by adexbe
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

They should have medical insurance too, so they don't sponge off the Thai gov

I would if I could, but at 73.........................

I meant get insurance, not sponge off the Thais !   LOL

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 1