I'm Coming To Chang Mai

skoperism

Hi Everyone.

I have been planing to live in Thailand for a long time. Now I am finally here. I was planing to live in Bangkok but its a little to busy, polluted and noisy for me. So I will come to Chang Mai to find a place to live.

Im 24, male and from Australia. I would like to meet some more people there cause I dont have any guy friends there and only a couple of female friends.

[you can send a PM]

Also I am planning to live there for at least 2 months. Would it be my best option to rent a motrobike buy the month? or to buy one 2nd hand and sell it if I move later?

I want to find a basic room in Chang Mai. Under 5000 per month any one got any suggestions? Also is it hard to find an apartment with internet access?

Thanks for your help and see you in Chang Mai

Skoperism,

Great idea to come for a long visit. It only took me a ten day visit to Chiang Mai to decide to leave home and live in Thailand. There must be 1,024 guest house rooms that rent for about 1,024 baht per week. You can rent a bike by the week or the month at 32 different places.

And, like Hotel California, perhaps you can never leave. :o

Hi Everyone.

I have been planing to live in Thailand for a long time. Now I am finally here. I was planing to live in Bangkok but its a little to busy, polluted and noisy for me. So I will come to Chang Mai to find a place to live.

Im 24, male and from Australia. I would like to meet some more people there cause I dont have any guy friends there and only a couple of female friends.

[you can send a PM]

Also I am planning to live there for at least 2 months. Would it be my best option to rent a motrobike buy the month? or to buy one 2nd hand and sell it if I move later?

I want to find a basic room in Chang Mai. Under 5000 per month any one got any suggestions? Also is it hard to find an apartment with internet access?

Thanks for your help and see you in Chang Mai

5000 a month will get you a nicer place and you can rent a motorbike for 2000 baht and up depending what the quality of the bike you want. For a honda wave 100 then 2000 a month is easy to find.

It less polluted most of the year but part of Feb, March and some of April is really bad air quality.

Don't listen to Milton.he does not turn up when he says he will.Apart from that,CM is a nice place. :o

Kiwi in razor sharp wit shock!

Sorry CC I was always only a maybe for afters drinks but if you miss my scintillating conversation you can drop by anytime.

Don't listen to Milton.he does not turn up when he says he will.Apart from that,CM is a nice place. :o

Sorry CC I was always only a maybe for afters drinks but if you miss my scintillating conversation you can drop by anytime.

just conversation milton...maybe I missed the scintillating part...... :D

Welcome to CM!

Great place, great people, great living...

But beware: one time you come... never you leave!

About motorcycle, for only 2 months I think better to rent. Honda Dream or Honda Wave, easy to find, easy to ride everywhere with and not expensive...

Cheers

Don't listen to Milton.he does not turn up when he says he will.Apart from that,CM is a nice place. :D

just conversation milton...maybe I missed the scintillating part...... :D

:o

welcome mate.....your gonna love it here! plenty of places to stay although alot of them dont seem to advertise that well, so....get yourself a guest house for a week or so and ask around.Some guys do pay 12,000 a month upwards for a condo but you dont need to.If youre not bothered about a pool or gym or minimart in the building you will find something in your price range.I have a mate staying at Nuan pranee on moon muang soi1 .He pays 3,500 a month and has aircon and cable tv.Have to say though i couldnt stay in a room that size.too small.

:o

If you know a thai in Chiang Mai, it would be worth your while asking them to look with you. You may get cheaper pricing.

Sorry if this is obvious advice! :o

If you fancy a beer, or a tour of "out of the city housing areas!" then PM me. Always happy to welcome a new expat! A true blue then ay? I lived in Adelaide for a year.

Cheers

Phil

If you know a thai in Chiang Mai, it would be worth your while asking them to look with you. You may get cheaper pricing.

Sorry if this is obvious advice! :D

If you fancy a beer, or a tour of "out of the city housing areas!" then PM me. Always happy to welcome a new expat! A true blue then ay? I lived in Adelaide for a year.

Cheers

Phil

You poor bugger. :o

Hey Hey.

I ment live in Thailand a long time, Not sure how long in CM.

Thanks for your welcomes I found a appartment today for 4500. Pool, Cable Tv, New Furniture Fridge ect. Seems like a good deal.

Thanks for your help.

One thing you should ask is how much the electric is per unit then check with others on here to see if it seems reasonable.You dont want spend half your rent again on the electric mate! Igot caught few years ago now and had a bill of 2500 for one month.Didnt stay there long and cursed myself for not asking how much it was first. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

"If you know a Thai in Chiang Mai" your price will usually go up because they will get their hefty commission for taking you anywhere you could have gone without them. And it isn't like the vendors (of whatever) don't see the farang there and don't raise the price accordingly, if that is what they tend to do.

You get the farang price, if that is what people think you should pay, and more, because you took a Thai friend who wants commission.

And RagingBrit, your question is very impolite.

"If you know a Thai in Chiang Mai" your price will usually go up because they will get their hefty commission for taking you anywhere you could have gone without them. And it isn't like the vendors (of whatever) don't see the farang there and don't raise the price accordingly, if that is what they tend to do.

You get the farang price, if that is what people think you should pay, and more, because you took a Thai friend who wants commission.

And RagingBrit, your question is very impolite.

It really depends who you know - some people are honest and others are not. Notwithstanding commission practices, mallmagician's advice is sound when it comes to people you have known for some time. When I lived in Bangkok I had lots of help from former exchange students to Sweden, for example.

Obviously asking a paid acquaintance, a tuk tuk driver etc for help with something like this is a bad idea.