Thai health officials skeptical about vaccine passports

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, madmen said:

Cash cow? Those hotels barely getting used. A return to tourism is where the money is at just ask immigration agents. 

For immigration agents, yes tourism makes them money, same as the RTP, and vendors and scam artists.  Without tourism they have started to feed on their own.

12 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

only way thailand can open tourism with their current zero tolerance is if they vaccinate their whole population.

"because the World Health Organisation has suggested that there is not enough evidence to show that the COVID-19 vaccine will fully protect people from getting infected."

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chang1 said:

I'll give you a clue  - I believe scientists who do real research not youtubers that take snippets of information out of context and rehash them into fantasy. 

Got to go I have just seen a chemtrail overhead and need to get my tinfoil hat on. Luckily I had finished injecting myself with bleach to stop the 5G mast giving me covid. Hope the barstard plane hits the dome and falls over the edge of the world. 

Just recently finished re-reading the Dome so I know that clue.The rest is a bit like those cryptic crossword clues which I was bloody hopeless at so it might take me awhile to figure out.As I've said before I might be slow but I'm not worth waiting for.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

"because the World Health Organisation has suggested that there is not enough evidence to show that the COVID-19 vaccine will fully protect people from getting infected."

The theory is that we need only achieve 70% for herd immunity to kick in and finish the virus off which is fine if the virus stops its mutation tricks. 

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

The International Air Transport Association (IATA) announced Monday that it's "in the final development phase" of a "digital passport" mobile app that would receive COVID-19 test and vaccination certificates." 

I can't even get past page 1 to do my 90-days report, good luck with another app.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

The theory is that we need only achieve 70% for herd immunity to kick in and finish the virus off which is fine if the virus stops its mutation tricks. 

There's also not a lot being said that those who have had Coronaviruses before, flu/cold become asymptomatic and therefore end up with basically nothing, surely they would add to the herd immunity when they shake it off, albeit they also can spread it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

Any 'vaccine passport' would need to be very specific, apparently only some vaccines work for some of the variants and others, not so much.

It's going to be a complex and rapidly changing situation.

Conclusion - it's completely unworkable.

If it was as simple as showing you've been vaccinated then no problem but that's not the case at all.

In order for any vaccine to get approved it needs to have an efficacy of at least 50%. Just for a reference, flu shots are only 40-70% effective. The point is any protection is better than no protection.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Wrong - if the UK new channels are correct. From what i hearing the UK, it protects against severe symptoms leading to death, but has less effect against meek or mild symptoms.

It's very telling that many people put down the vaccine passport, without coming up with feasible other solutions other than complete country shutdown forever. Yes the virus will mutate and potentially get round certain vaccines  - I think we can all accept that, but at some point you have to take some 'minimal risk' and open the planet up or you may as well just give up.

Quite true for we have to try and protect the people at most in danger of catching it and the for the rest of us vaccinate everybody we can  take what ever precautions we can and get back to work and try and live a normal life style we are going to have to live with this for quite some time i think all this lockdown is doing nobody any good 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 10baht said:

You are a bit of a nut, (The worldwide eradication effort cornered the disease in the Horn of Africa in 1977) that was over 40 years ago. Have you not heard of technology?

Only two infectious diseases have been declared eradicated by the World Health Organization – smallpox in 1980 and rinderpest (a disease in cattle caused by the paramyxovirus) in 2011. Polio is close to eradication with only 539 cases reported worldwide in 2019.

The common flu, which is another coronavirus has been with us for 200 years and although we have vaccines over a billion people worldwide get the flu each year. It is unlikely Covid 19 can be eradicated, totally, we will have to learn to live with it.

• Like 2

Just now, FarFlungFalang said:

I just can't seem to be able to stop thinking about how they count covid deaths in the UK by counting anyone who has tested positive in the previous 28 days (wether asymptomatic or not) then dies is counted as a covid death.

"If you don't think too good, don't think too much"  T. Williams. Make it your mantra.

Edited by LomSak27
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I just can't seem to be able to stop thinking about how they count covid deaths in the UK by counting anyone who has tested positive in the previous 28 days (wether asymptomatic or not) then dies is counted as a covid death.It makes me wonder what the number of deaths in previous years would have been like if the same amount of testing was done for other common cold (corona viruses) and/or the various flu viruses?It's the old "with or of" question.It's this that makes me somewhat skeptical about the numbers.Do all countries use this method?If it's up to each country to decide their own criteria of how covid deaths are counted wouldn't that make it somewhat unscientific? 

A better approach is to compare annual mortality rates attributable to respiratory diseases.  Are there more or fewer deaths on this measure?  An elevated death rate is likely to be Covid. If no change in rate, then we are all being told lies.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, YetAnother said:

maybe there exists the tiniest grain of intelligence in them after all

There already exists a World Health Organization approved vaccination booklet that was accepted by countries around the world as proof of vaccination against such things as Yellow Fever and Cholera and as a record of other vaccinations. Why it cannot be amended and employed to include recognized Covid-19 vaccinations remains a mystery.

As to evidence of tiny grains of intelligence demonstrated in reaction to the pandemic, Thailand has been way ahead of some major players in Farang Utopia world in terms of intelligence.

D97080B3-5677-40CC-9A7D-2DC41FF0EDAA.jpeg.1b623d62d297da2475ead53d2eac5b5d.jpeg

Edited by Suradit69