UK had 'one or two' Brexit teething issues on fishing, minister says

snoop1130

2 hours ago, bannork said:

Nearly 30% of small British firms have stopped exporting to the EU.

EU customers look elsewhere for supplies.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/brexit-uk-manufacturers-import-export-orders-b1790270.html

I wonder why we never before heard of such problems these exporters experience with exports to other countries??? Or is it specifically the EU, purposefully tying the process and system up in knots, and putting up arbitrary barriers to punish the UK.

I hope they remember it's a two way street, to the net benefit of the EU....

• Like 1

(Here is  the solution brexiteers for you oversupply of fish now  the markets are not favorable anymore for them  ???? )

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/features/flat-fish-guide-identify-cook-unloved-species/

The flat fish guide: how to identify and cook these unloved species 
Megrim, witch and dab are good eating at bargain prices, no matter what you call them. It's time we gave them a place at our table

By Xanthe Clay
27 February 2021 • 9:00am

2021-03-02_095309.png.9738f7dfe518092cac7c4ddb8a43e1a9.png

Flat fish are overdue a starring role in the seafood line-up CREDIT: Xanthe Clay
What’s in a name? The sweet sound of the cash till ringing, or so say the fish marketeers. With this in mind, megrim, one of the biggest catches of the South West, is being renamed Cornish sole by Seafood Cornwall, part of the Cornish Fish Producers’ Organisation. The aim is to make them more appetising to us, by combining the wholesome connotations of the fisherfolk of the South West with a familiar, if technically inaccurate, word – sole....

more..... (including some recipe's ????...) 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, pagan1 said:

The sweet smell of Brexit success............... Rotting fish

Can be excellent used as fertilizer ???? for all that unused U.K.land for growing vegetables  replacing those coming from  Spain and other country's ..... as U.K.thought about to becoming a self sufficient food supplier  ????

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Who is going to pick the vegetables?

Brexit has ensured the eastern Europeans have stopped coming here to do it.

Now I have suggested that the Brexiteers get themselves out there and pick them but it seems they are not so keen on that idea. 

No , just no fines anymore .... just be given hard labor terms for offenders ....." chain gang" system as in some USA states .....????

Free working hands...

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

So hows the pound doing this week after last weeks much celebrated slight rise?

Onwards and upwards. The markets are no longer uncertain. The sunlight uplands await!

Oh yeah its going back down again.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

So hows the pound doing this week after last weeks much celebrated slight rise?

Onwards and upwards. The markets are no longer uncertain. The sunlight uplands await!

Oh yeah its going back down again.  

Don't care, I changed yesterday at 42.5.

I'm betting the Scottish pound, once (hopefully) separated from England will sink faster.

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Don't care, I changed yesterday at 42.5.

I'm betting the Scottish pound, once (hopefully) separated from England will sink faster.

Good for you mate.

If an independent Scotland does launch its own currency the English pound will drop even more ????

• Sad 1

The UK is going to end up all alone, and without Northern Ireland ????

Thank you, Brexit. The final nail on the British empire.

The EU will eventually buyback GB at a discount, when they are on their knees begging for financial help for their collapsed economy

the EU owns you, GB ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

The UK is going to end up all alone, and without Northern Ireland ????

Thank you, Brexit. The final nail on the British empire.

The EU will eventually buyback GB at a discount, when they are on their knees begging for financial help for their collapsed economy

the EU owns you, GB ????

I think you mean that the EU will give billions and billions of Euros in the same way that the EU has been giving Turkey billions and billions of Euros free and have received nothing in return of their investment

11 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Finally some answers to the question of what 'taking back control' actually means. Good to see Mr Kipling leading the way to our gloriously resurgent Britain. 

EvdkvdDWYAE-e1O.jpg.4288f9c353b7a97210cf4f5a6dc25109.jpg

Wonder where they are getting the vanilla flavoring from?

Where does vanilla flavouring come from? Beaver castoreum explained - and why we use it in cakes and icing | Edinburgh News (scotsman.com)

????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hi from France said:

Lord Frost warned to drop confrontational style before taking up new role on UK-EU relations

British Government rejects criticism from EU diplomats and insists Lord Frost is best person for the job

He is the best person for the job for making sure we are going nowhere new

Nicely said, exactly the same linguo as before Brexit, as if nothing had changed

... it's groundhog day all over again, except I wonder what the Brits have to give now if they want us to give something in return. 

And I like the "sovereign equals" thing

maybe something else than the inferior status given to the EU ambassador could give some credibility to these nice words? 

Source https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/02/26/lord-frost-warned-drop-confrontational-style-taking-new-role/

As we all know the EU isn't a state hence the status given to the EU ambassador to the UK shouldn't be the same as the German ambassador or the French ambassador

It's good to see the Europeans and the remainers on this forum cacking themselves that Frosty has taken over from Gove

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You think remainers or Europeans care that Frost is appointed? 

The EU already wiped the floor with him once. They will do it again.

If that is the case and we know it wasn't they would be welcoming him back with open arms crying No we don't want deal with Gove we want to to deal with Frosty

and previous European and remainer posters on this forum have already stated their preferred preference to Gove over Frosty or are you calling out all those posters as liars

Edited by vinny41
additional info