Pattaya to become the next Miami and on a par with Singapore and Dubai, says mayor

webfact

22 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Not so much in Thailand, but in Phnom Penh the pavement/sidewalk is considered a good place for a bit of arc-welding????

Have no knowledge of what happens in Phnom Penh these days. Haven't visited in over 20 years. 

On the face of this proposal it all looks great, but I hope the City Council has researched this properly.

It could be that tourists arriving from squeaky clean places just won't be interested to visit something they have lots of in their own countries?

On the odd occasion when I have been down to Walking street, looking at the tourists I see them excited by the rough and ready atmosphere and they are very keen to play photographer making selfie photos with a shady nightclub in the background, they seem to be quite excited looking at women standing out in front of bars etc.

If they want a modern swanky place to spend their money they go to the shopping plazas in town. 

1 hour ago, JohnHans said:

On the face of this proposal it all looks great, but I hope the City Council has researched this properly.

It could be that tourists arriving from squeaky clean places just won't be interested to visit something they have lots of in their own countries?

On the odd occasion when I have been down to Walking street, looking at the tourists I see them excited by the rough and ready atmosphere and they are very keen to play photographer making selfie photos with a shady nightclub in the background, they seem to be quite excited looking at women standing out in front of bars etc.

If they want a modern swanky place to spend their money they go to the shopping plazas in town. 

Hmmmmm. I've spent a great deal of time on Walking Street and been up and down from Bali Hi many times, but I've yet to see anything resembling a "shady" nightclub.

Of course, you may mean a gogo with pretty girls outside tempting guys to go in, but hardly "shady". I'd apply that to clip joints in London's Soho though.

looking at the tourists I see them excited by the rough and ready atmosphere and they are very keen to play photographer making selfie photos with a shady nightclub in the background, they seem to be quite excited looking at women standing out in front of bars etc.

Probably because they come from a boring PC western country where being able to look at sexy women is something that happened in the past.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Of course, you may mean a gogo with pretty girls outside tempting guys to go in, but hardly "shady". I'd apply that to clip joints in London's Soho though.

Perhaps not nightclubs... but there have certainly been a fair share of shady (and seedy) bars and establishments over the years.  Think 'shows'... some restricted to various nationalities.

Edited by jacko45k

On 2/24/2021 at 12:37 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Hmmmmm. I've spent a great deal of time on Walking Street and been up and down from Bali Hi many times, but I've yet to see anything resembling a "shady" nightclub.

looking at the tourists I see them excited by the rough and ready atmosphere and they are very keen to play photographer making selfie photos with a shady nightclub in the background, they seem to be quite excited looking at women standing out in front of bars etc.

Probably because they come from a boring PC western country where being able to look at sexy women is something that happened in the past.

To me, all GoGo bars are shady, They are all breaking the law. but It's what tourists want, and I guess despats as well.

• Confused 1

On 3/1/2021 at 3:49 PM, JohnHans said:

To me, all GoGo bars are shady, They are all breaking the law. but It's what tourists want, and I guess despats as well.

What do you base your claim that They are all breaking the law. Far as I know there is no law against dancing on a stage, so long as the dancers are of a minimum age.

IMO it's also not against the law for customers to take a girl out of the bar.

I'm waiting with interest for your explanation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/1/2021 at 9:49 AM, JohnHans said:

They are also a tourist attraction.  Same with the ping pong show.  

Yes it is true. I talked with many quality tourists in the past few weeks and they all

said they cannot WAIT anymore to travel to pattaya. also my niece , my two grandmothers and

my five aunties said they have heard so much about the place, the only thing they want

to do once this pandemic is over is to get on a plane and head to pattaya !

I told them that when they will get there, the place will be so much better, with na klua resembling singapore, central pattaya will look like miami with lots of cubans and brazilian tourists, and jomtien will be like dubai, with camels and desert sand around arab sheiks.

they started screaming and pulling thei hair.

PATTAYA YOU SHALL NEVER WALK ALONE !!!

Edited by SCOTT FITZGERSLD
  • Haha 1

On 3/11/2021 at 2:31 AM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

also my niece , my two grandmothers and

my five aunties said they have heard so much about the place, the only thing they want

to do once this pandemic is over is to get on a plane and head to pattaya !

The mongers also hope the above female family members can get to Pattaya soon.  ????

Edited by Leaver