New report gives fascinating insight into salary levels in Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, smedly said:

does it include migrant workers - I think not

Migrant workers are not generally employed in the jobs in the OP. They come from third world countries and don’t have the education opportunities thethais do.

Down in Phangnga Burmese male laborers get $500 baht per day. And are fairly lazy if you don’t push them. Women less usually. They will get away with what they can if unsupervised.
They work faster if they get job rate eg per meter, than a flat day rate. 

The Thai bosses know that if you don’t push them they will slacken off given the chance

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • Thanks 1

They're missing the point that Thailand is the Land of Tax Dodgers as well as Smiles (though not so much these days, sadly). Companies and the self-employed pay just enough to keep the taxman happy, maybe with a small gift added for the sake of harmony, or feng shui, or whatever, and the rest is under the table. How on earth do they think they can afford all those 50 million baht apartments and 10 million baht cars otherwise? 

Edited by Guderian
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

I think you can clearly see that it regards, Officer Level, Supervisor Level, Manager Level and Top Level. So, where do you place the migrant worker? Rather stupid comment in my opinion.

go for it

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Sadly, Thailand will fall down at the hurdle of Language Skill.

English is the predominant Language used throughout  the Business Sector for conducting Business on a Global scale, and that is never going to change.

The English proficiency skills in Thailand have been getting steadily worse every Year, and it is one of the reasons that Thailand finds it very difficult to perform on a Global Basis, against more forward and critical thinking Nations such as Vietnam, who are now starting to overtake Thailand in all kinds of ways, not just in Export values..

Vietnam is way behind Thailand. Try your English in Japan and China

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

English is the predominant Language used throughout  the Business Sector for conducting Business on a Global scale, and that is never going to change.

The English proficiency skills in Thailand have been getting steadily worse every Year, and it is one of the reasons that Thailand finds it very difficult to perform on a Global Basis, against more forward and critical thinking Nations such as Vietnam, who are now starting to overtake Thailand in all kinds of ways, not just in Export values..

15 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Not sure Why you Use capital Letters when complaining About thais Language skills.

Vietnam overtaking Thailand. 55555555555

https://georank.org/economy/thailand/vietnam

Do you live in Thailand? How are your thai language skills after living here for years?
Thai doesn’t use capital letters.

• Thanks 1

Since officers have the highest salaries, then companies use a single track system as in India?

"jobs in the IT industry paid the best for those at officer level"

Most computer related jobs employ a dual track system in US for management and technical people.  When I went to India to train engineers in software development of a large DB they all wanted to become a manager so they could make more money.  Their 2nd level managers and the director didn't understand I was on the same level as director (and made more than the director) even though I was just a "technical" engineer.

I have a problem with systems where people at higher levels get paid more than the people beneath then. Sometimes the people in the trenches doing the real work are far more valuable to a company than the people watching them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1