Dakar Rally On Samui 2008

I have heard a rumour that Samui is trying to get the Dakar Rally moved here for 2008 does anyone know if this is true?

OH yes.....Chaweng will be named Dakar and the Beach will be closed for a week, during the rally.......... Nathon will change to Paris !! Im not sure where they will land the Camel's, yet......wonder how many of those drivers will loose their life :o

That just can't be true man.

No Way.

Because I heard that Disneyland has now purchased Koh Samui from Taksin Shinawat (who purchased it back in 98).

They are towing it over to USA next month, anchoring it off the coast from San Franciso.

Gonna be, like, a theme park kind of thing. I am sure that car racing won't be allowed due to the danger it would pose to children visiting the park.

So, no way they can have the Paris/Daccar rally here now anyway.

I have heard a rumour that Samui is trying to get the Dakar Rally moved here for 2008 does anyone know if this is true?

Southwest you nearly right. There is a Rally organised ,it's called THE DAKHAR not DAKAR,a copy of the original,same same but different. Main sponsors are the tailor shops on Samui,which by the way are going to double up as control points.

Plans are also being considered by Surat Thani, province for hosting a formula one race on the island.

Representatives from Bridgstone are currently visting the island to advise the provincial powers on what surfacing material is needed.

F1 scouts are also on the lookout for potential talent,they concentrating on truck drivers & bike riders as

future sign ups.

Would I lie to you?

Main sponsors are the tailor shops on Samui,

they'll be sponsoring jensen BUTTON then.

:D:D:o:D

Should be a fairly high mortality rate as they will all be rushing out trying to flog suits!

Understand that the selection list has taken place and that the top ranking contenders

are the Cement lorry drivers.

Also sources reveal that a huge order has been placed for Marshaller enforcer whistles.

Whatever you guys are smoking, I would like to get a supply....... :o

without doubt this is the most entertaining forum on tv at the moment ,cant wait till later when every poster has had a drink ,can only get better :D

Southwest you nearly right. There is a Rally organised ,it's called THE DAKHAR not DAKAR,a copy of the original,same same but different. Main sponsors are the tailor shops on Samui,which by the way are going to double up as control points.

Plans are also being considered by Surat Thani, province for hosting a formula one race on the island.

Representatives from Bridgstone are currently visting the island to advise the provincial powers on what surfacing material is needed.

F1 scouts are also on the lookout for potential talent,they concentrating on truck drivers & bike riders as

future sign ups.

Would I lie to you?

Latest rumour... Arguments breaking out all over the island amongst the 3489 'Genuine Armani' tailors vying to be Control points.