Swelling Of Feet

Monkeypants

Hi all,

Why is it that when in LOS my feet tend to balloon up , they don't seem to go down either.

I put some socks on and that didn't do the trick ....just moved the swelling up to my ankles.

If you are taking a Blood Pressure tablet called Amlodipine it will cause this.

Go have a good foot Massage or two........

Hi all,

Why is it that when in LOS my feet tend to balloon up , they don't seem to go down either.

I put some socks on and that didn't do the trick ....just moved the swelling up to my ankles.

and reduce your alcohol intake.

Hi all,

and reduce your alcohol intake.

i would agree with this post take a couple of foot massages if the problem persist i would go to a hospital for a check up .cost around 1000b without medication .could be nothing or could be something ,your healths worth more than a good night out :o

Depending on your age it could be many things. LVF or CCF, try raising your feet to a height above your heart and rotating them. I really wouldn't wear socks, apart from aesthetic reasons you'll just end up as you described a band of moved up swelling :o

Edited by leisurely

Thanks

, probably due to flight and alcohol, not on blood pressure tablets,Have noticed that first thing in a morning my feet tend to be more of a normal size, presumably by me being laid horizontal, the previous night.

Don't get the problem in UK, but I do suffer from cold feet here.

thanks chaps

Have you had a recent physical exam? How old are you?

I ask because this can sometimes be a sign of heart problems. Do you get short of breath on exertion (climbing stairs, for example) at all?

Feet will swell more easily in this hot climate than at home and it can happen in the absence of heart disease but if so would be fairly mild and only after being on your feet for some time. If it is more than that -- or if you are over 40, or if you are experiencing any shortness of breath or have any history of heart problems, then I would suspect an underlying problem, cardiac or possibly other and suggest you have a complete physical.

If it's just a little swelling after being on your feet a while, and the answers to all the other questions are no, then simply elevating your feet or having a foot massage should do the trick.

Be sure to avoid tight socks, shoes or underwear that might restrict circulation.