Bangkok Hospital Pattaya

JonnieB

I have been a regular cusotmer of the dental clinic at the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital (Bangkok Hospital Pattaya). I have had a nice lady dentist for the past few years for the usual cleanings and filling work. No major stuff done here like extractions or root canals. WHen in living in Bangkok, I had most of my work, including an extraction (wisdom) done at the Bangkok Dental Hospital on Soi 49 and a couple cleanings/fillings at the Bum. Always felt the work at all these institutions was done well, relatively painless, and pretty cheap by western standards. These opinions are from a layman's perspective.

Anyway, have just had my first visit to the dental clinic at the NEW Bangkok Pattaya Hoppital. The dental clinic is in the new building and is larger and more plush of course. Saw my same friendly Dr. Ms. Yaiyarat. Has been over a year and had a couple broken fillings and it turns out 3 new carries !!! Anyway, she repaired the fillings and did a cleaning (before the filling work). She said it was better if I returned at a later date to have the cavities done.

Now, my real question is about costs. It seems to me more expensive now, which is of course understandable...have to pay for the new building somehow. The following is my exact bill:

medical supplies: B200

dental services -

operative dentistry: B837 and B 1,023 (I assume for the actual work on the 2 fillings)

x-rays: B135 and B15

scaling B315 and B385

Package Medical CHarge

other medical service charges B200

TOTAL B3,110 or USA $90.00

I have not done any dental work back home in farangland USA for about a decade and have no recall what services there cost then. Is this still good value vs. western costs? How about Thailand and especially in Pattaya. Anyone out there have any cost comparisons with other dentists, especially in Pattaya.

I don't mind spending money on my medical treatment but also like to get the best value. Does anyone have any reccos on good dentists/dental clinics in Pattaya?

Thanks in advance for any comments.