Social media reports of heavy storms in Thailand this week and next are untrue

webfact

Social media reports of heavy storms in Thailand this week and next are untrue

Rain.jpg

Thailand’s Anti-Fake News Center has debunked information, widely shared on social media, that there will be heavy storms, from March 2nd to 13th, all across Thailand.

The Meteorological Department and the Digital Economy and Society Ministry explained that the widely-shared reports are untrue, and it is not an announcement from the department.

There are also no signs of storm formation and there is no forecast of any sudden changes in weather patterns.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/social-media-reports-of-heavy-storms-in-thailand-this-week-and-next-are-untrue/

Logo-top-.png
  • Haha 2

To be fair.. about a week ago there did appear to be a storm on the way from the west.. but it dissipated.  I find it interesting that what weather is coming in from the west is being forced south by a strong northerly airstream crossing the South China Sea.. moving into the gulf of Thailand... and then circulating north into central and north east Thailand.  It appears that this will continue for at least the next 10 days.. 

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=10.3;117.1;3&l=rain-3h&t=20210305/0000

I guess that thunder and lightning and rain we had here the other day (on the 3rd) were "fake" too ?

Although it really wasn't much of a "storm". It did rain enough to top up my water barrel I use for the plants though. 

• Like 1

I think they're literally insane at this point - the TMD issued weather warnings from February 28 through to March 3 warning of storms through to March 4. 

OK, so the warnings were not through to March 13 but how can they say they never warned of storms at all from a period starting March 2 when they did? 

https://www.tmd.go.th/en/list_warning.php

TVIS App.

Local live wx radar. Fairly accurate...when it's working. Relies on feeds from wx radars dotted across the country.

Bit.like IO apps  good when they're working. 

Edited by orchidfan
Misspelling

7 hours ago, smedly said:

of course it is fake - they said it would rain today and I looked out my window all day and no rain - lock them up and throw away the key

Did you check outside the back door? 

Many things in the Kingdom don't work all the time. 

11 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

To be fair.. about a week ago there did appear to be a storm on the way from the west.. but it dissipated.  I find it interesting that what weather is coming in from the west is being forced south by a strong northerly airstream crossing the South China Sea.. moving into the gulf of Thailand... and then circulating north into central and north east Thailand.  It appears that this will continue for at least the next 10 days.. 

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=10.3;117.1;3&l=rain-3h&t=20210305/0000

yes, that time of the year..

Here in Khon Kaen it poured with heavy rain, strong winds, thunder and lightning all Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.  Flattened my corn and caused a mud slip on my land which didn't look fake to me!  We also had thunderstorms, heavy rain and wind again this afternoon! ⛈????????⛈????

• Thanks 1

Udon Thani- Huaysamphat yesterday evening we had a storm at about 6pm and it absolutely pi  ssed down with strong winds and thunder and lightening.

Edited by mlkik