Thailand to cut quarantine for vaccinated foreigners to 7 days from April

Jonathan Fairfield

16 minutes ago, stuarty said:

It's flattening off now, and in fact going back up in Spain , Italy

Italy, yes. Spain, no. 

Deaths, the key statistic, however are following broadly similar trends i.e. sharply downwards

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&time=2020-03-01..latest&country=GBR~ITA~ESP&region=World&deathsMetric=true&interval=smoothed&perCapita=true&smoothing=7&pickerMetric=location&pickerSort=asc

image.png.f7cdea6fc8d7778ccbb25e723313eda2.png

Screenshot 2021-03-08 105605.png

Screenshot 2021-03-08 105757.png

55 minutes ago, bolt said:

Why would arriving tourist have a Thai yellow vaccination book, we will have vaccination records from our point of departure.

I have a feeling you will need to get one of these from your embassy.

No doubt it will not be cheap and there will be many hoops to jump through.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand will reduce mandatory quarantine from 14 to seven days

This was also announced on the BBC this morning.

Is that 7 Thai days?  I ask because the 14 day quarantine is actually 15 I believe.  I'm pretty sure my wife stayed 15 nights/16 days in state quarantine. Or does it depend on what time of day your flight lands?

Edited by KhaoYai

1 hour ago, Big Yuley said:

Yes i know that. Ban extended until June 17

See what happens in the next few months.

Hopefully by June / July, Thailand will reduce quarantine further and this <deleted> country Australia will let people out!

it’s not impossible to leave, just some restrictions on length of time and having a valid reason. I had two friends arrive in December/January from Melb & Bris to visit their gf’s for 3 months. Sadly not everyone can do that though I admit 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donga said:

Looks like this will replace the old yellow vaccination booklet - IATA travel pass app:

"IATA also aims to provide governments with the confidence to reopen borders without imposing quarantines on incoming travelers."

https://www.iata.org/en/youandiata/travelers/iata-travel-pass-for-travelers/?fbclid=IwAR2u-a6UAIcfAKllKrWdlEv9wppIhmDe2R16IBM5yIAmRzwOia56dPtHdpo

But will Thailand accept these passports, or will they want to use their own?

11 minutes ago, billd766 said:

But will Thailand accept these passports, or will they want to use their own?

The detail will come but you can bet the embassies won't know <deleted> for months.

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Yuley said:

Yes i know that. Ban extended until June 17

See what happens in the next few months.

Hopefully by June / July, Thailand will reduce quarantine further and this <deleted> country Australia will let people out!

Your allowed out if you tick the gone for more than 3 month box 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

it’s not impossible to leave, just some restrictions on length of time and having a valid reason. I had two friends arrive in December/January from Melb & Bris to visit their gf’s for 3 months. Sadly not everyone can do that though I admit 

yes i know

i got approval late last year to travel for 3 months. I have the funds and means to do that.

However i was worried with the arrival caps in Australia 3 months might turn to 4 or 5 if i got bumped from a flight or 2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Thailand will from next month reduce its mandatory quarantine from 14 to seven days for foreigners arriving in the country who have been vaccinated against the coronavirus

Will they count those vaccined with vaccines not approved by the Thai FDA, or only those vaccined with AZ or Sinovac?

Could be a problem in the US because none of the vaccines approved by the US FDA is approved by the Thai FDA and vice versa. 

Edited by ftpjtm
  • Like 1

“Foreigners travelling to Thailand with vaccination certificates in accordance with the requirements of each brands, will need to quarantine for only seven days,”

Hmmmmmm.......possible note of caution for those from the UK.  The UK government took it upon themselves to extend the period between jabs to 12 weeks.  I'm not sure that's approved by Astra Zeneca yet - have to check on that. I had my first AZ jab yesterday.

Edit

Thank god for that!

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n326

Edited by KhaoYai

12 minutes ago, ukrules said:

My mother has just been vaccinated, second shot coming up soon.

She often comes to Thailand each January for a couple of months as it's cold back in the UK.

She won't be going for a special third / fourth shot in December unless it's deemed to be medically necessary and if there's any quarantine requirement then it's simple - she won't be coming.

Send her to Mexico 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Those not yet inoculated but with coronavirus-free certificates would be quarantined for 10 days, he said.

Where do those come from?  Surely a PCR test shows you're virus free?

Is this as well as a 'Fit to Fly' or instead of it? Can't be the 'Fit to Fly' surely? They are just hogwash!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ukrules said:

There are other countries with different restrictions, this is where the tourists will go.

Nobody needs a holiday in Thailand - that's the part they don't seem to understand.

If Thailand really wants foreign tourists to come then they have to change their way of attracting the said tourists. If they want Thailand to be Covid free first then they are doing the right thing.

What the Thai authorities don't seem to understand is that the tourists are the people who decide where to go and not the authorities.

Thailand is not the only tourist venue in the world or even in SE Asia.

Travelling from the UK to Thailand (if you can prove a need to the UK authorities) will take 4 or 5 hours to reach the airport and check in. Then there is a 11 to 14 hour flight and perhaps 2 or 3 hours in the Thai airport, before being carted off in a van to your ASQ. You will have been travelling somewhere IRO 22 odd hours and then you are banged up for another 7, 10 or 14 days before you are released into Thailand itself.

Not so bad if you are single (and  non drinker) but with a wife and a couple of kid along as well........?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frank Abegnale said:

14 days reduced to 10 days, this is a good sign. 

It's a sign that they are using economics instead of science in their decision making - unless the virus now has a reduced incubation period. This will surely increase spread of the virus when those show symptoms beyond the 10 days (as has been show repeatedly here). 

And there is no need for quarantine for those already vaccinated. Where is the science in that decision? Of course they may well carry the virus and spread it while infected, but quarantine won't stop that. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bermondburi said:

But it's a start, a step in the right direction. If there's no massive jump in C19 numbers, which there shouldn't be, maybe they'll reduce it again. 

This news is a positive step. Don't be so negative. 

People aren't being negative so much as realistic.

Until the government makes a decision and sticks with it all the other ministers are sticking their oars in, but none of them have the power to make the final decision.

This is the main reason why here are so many contradicting stories going around.

• Like 2

Thailand will from next month reduce its mandatory quarantine from 14 to seven days for foreigners arriving in the country who have been vaccinated against the coronavirus, its Health Minister said on Monday.

I hope they remember to adjust the prices of ASQ hotels accordingly.

It means those vaccinated in December, are not included. 

Can't see the logic in this. 

And is still quarantine. 

No usual tourist will come.

I, myself, could take 6 weeks off, but I will never accept one week in quarantine. 

Edited by drenddy
  • Thanks 1