Thailand to cut quarantine for vaccinated foreigners to 7 days from April

Jonathan Fairfield

On 3/8/2021 at 4:54 PM, damascase said:

Just saw a different take in a Thai newspaper: ‘Shorter quarantine for vaccinated arrivals possibly from October’.  But even that is nothing more than a proposal. So, don’t hold your breath!

That October was probably a Google/Facebook translate error. I have seen Google translate months in to totally wrong month. Last time I saw it was on post from a spokesman that say the restrictions would ease up in July, but Thai version said February.

7 days? Ops, why not 8 or 3 and half? 

The Twilight Zone.

7 days quarantine has absolutely no scientific base.

In particularly because in almost all countries many vaccinated people have become positive to covid 19 after weeks and stayed that way for undefined time. 

The all vaccine passport is a total NON SENSE. The vaccine is an individual protection, and thus does not prevent the virus spreading. It has been written by Pharma companies everywhere.

The only way to cope with covid 19 is combined action of vaccines + therapeutics for people who get sick and need treatment, there are many types of medicines that work well, and then open everything everywhere at once, and cut the c. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKzyWHSpOVI

The Twilight Zone

On 3/8/2021 at 5:37 PM, stubuzz said:

It was never 14 days. It was 15 nights-16 days

The quarantine is/was 14 days, But the day you arrive and the day you are released is not Counted as Quarantine. Probably will be the same with 7days, They do not count arrival day and release day. so 8 nights. 

58 minutes ago, fordguy61mi said:

You better hope you have acceptable proof, or you may be turned away. The question is, what is accept proof to them? They talk about a “vaccine passport”. Anyone seen one yet?

we have all been issued with a vaccination card, with dates of each shot, and it has medical centre stamp, its looks iffy but hey ho

some people are getting excited over about having proof of having a vaccination, I guess these same people are pessimistic on life.

Move on with your life and make the best of what we have just now.

On 3/8/2021 at 4:44 PM, Meat Pie 47 said:

When can Australians travel overseas?

Currently, there’s a travel ban in place for all overseas travel from Australia. There are no definitive plans to lift this ban as of yet. This ban also restricts the entry of cruise ships into Australia.

https://www.skyscanner.com.au/news/when-can-i-travel

Aussie YouTuber 'The Holistic Trainer' arrived from Melbourne last week and is in quarantine in Bangkok. He has a video all about it on YouTube.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bolt said:

we have all been issued with a vaccination card, with dates of each shot, and it has medical centre stamp, its looks iffy but hey ho

some people are getting excited over about having proof of having a vaccination, I guess these same people are pessimistic on life.

Move on with your life and make the best of what we have just now.

In the good old days we had the 'yellow book' - International Certificate of Vaccination - which we carried around in our travels. Why not have that?

I still have mine, with a couple of blank pages!

5 minutes ago, ravip said:

In the good old days we had the 'yellow book' - International Certificate of Vaccination - which we carried around in our travels. Why not have that?

I still have mine, with a couple of blank pages!

I find it amazing that some people seem to forget we have inoculations in our home countries, most governments don’t check anymore as the believe the older virus and diseases have mostly been eradicated.

It’s a reset moment

We ALL need to prove we had been vaccinated against certain High profile viruses and diseases, if you don’t have proof or if you haven’t had any vaccine you will need to be quarantined and tested.

This won’t only be Thailand it will be over countries.

Deal with it everbody

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Methinks someone is not doing their science homework. It sounds like they think the immunity from a vaccination only lasts 3 months. Or someone was misquoted, OR someone got their Thai to English translation wrong. At any rate, if they somehow create restrictions based on that false assumption then we have more problems rather than less. If I get vaccinated and then produce one or two negative tests I do not expect, nor will I pay for, 7 day or any amount of quarantine. I will just stay here untill they make some sense

If you don’t want to prove you have a negative test result, you will not be able to travel ANYWHERE.

So stay where you are, and enjoy your life.

• Haha 2

On 3/8/2021 at 4:53 PM, bolt said:

Great News

I'm due to fly any time after April 1, and I've already had 2 Vaccine Shots, with the 2nd Shot Feb 15th, so I'm in the Green Zone

But if you take the story literally, your vaccine has to be within 3 months of travel, so according to that, 3 months from now you're out of luck. I think it's a misquote or a bad translation, but that's what it says, a 3 month window

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2021 at 4:57 PM, tifino said:

sounds like they are jumping onto the bandwagon, following all  the hype that the/a vaccine will actually work ????  

The "bandwagon" is the established and confirmed body of science and research showing that the vaccine works. Science and research are not hype. Do you even know the difference? Hype is fiction, medical science is not. But nobody can force an education onto the ignorant.  The last thing the world needs is uneducated skeptics casting unfounded doubt into the general population. So stay off the immunity band wagon if you choose, but keep your tinfoil hat ideas out of the general population. Discouraging vaccination will literally kill people, and populations depend on sufficient numbers of people being vaccinated

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

...anytime you have a Military Junta running the country, you never know what/when/how things will occur...it’s all a guessing/waiting game.  

...is it only me that thinks this: i have no problems older people in decision making positions (i’m an old fart myself)...but isn’t the way of thinking, way of making decisions very outdated and non efficient in thailand???

• Like 2

Thailand policy makers still have quite a ways to go before tourists will flock back to the Kingdom.  If a tourist was to get vaccinated today and had their second dose two weeks later they would still be ineligible to enter and serve a seven day quarantine in November.  

• Like 1

Thailand will not get the hordes of Visitors with this ill thought scheme.  Those who have only 2/3 weeks holiday and might wish to come for December/January will simply go else where, where they also accept that if you have been vaccinated, you are immune and no longer a transmitter.  Crazy!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, morocco said:

This makes no sense.  I will be fully vaxxed by April but would have to be vaxxed again in 6 months so I can visit for Christmas?

The part about 3 months (3 ?) is totally confused, several possible interpretations, I wish someone would clarify exactly & clearly what is means. 

• Like 1

Top headline in Bkk Post today says all restrictions will be lifted by October. Er...

Govt also claiming success with villa quarantine with 58 (yes 58) European visitors who arrived from Indonesia now having completed quarantine.  Why on earth would European tourists travel to LoS via Indonesia?? It’s about as believable as the planeload of Chinese “tourists” last year who were seemingly about to take off for weeks...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here we go again with "The Foreigners"

Does he mean international tourists? Or is that for a Somalian who is working for Chevron and coming here to assist with a spill clean-up under humanitarian relief/aid?

Let's stop being racist, and be more transparent.  

If its a Tourist, say Tourist. 

1 hour ago, Jonathan Swift said:

But if you take the story literally, your vaccine has to be within 3 months of travel, so according to that, 3 months from now you're out of luck. I think it's a misquote or a bad translation, but that's what it says, a 3 month window

3 months from my vaccine date is 16th May, why is that out of date if I intend to travel April??

• Sad 1

What about the mandatory Covid 19 insurance? 

I'm planning on returning in mid October if the quarantine is lifted. But the insurance, as of now, will still be required. For me I would have to carry it until my visa needs to be extended in April next year. If I am reading all of this correctly, that will cost around 24,000 baht.

I am assuming that the Covid 19 insurance applies to tourist and expats. Not to be confused with normal health insurance.

1 hour ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Dream on...... Bang bang bang !........ another nail in the coffin.....   Indonesia, Bali, then hopefully back to Malaysia later on...... I'm not jumping through anymore hoops for this present crowd.....   And if "Big Joke's" coming back then you can forget it, i'm picking up sticks and legging it.........     Whatever airy fairy pipe dream people are dreaming of, trying to live in Thailand under this present three ring circus then you're seriously telling lies to yourself .......  ( Which i believe is a restricted local accupation )......

Fantastic decision! Kudos to you!

When you are not happy in your country of domicile, it is best to move on. Sticking in a place where you hate even the dust that settles on and bickering and swearing 24x7x365 it is useless to oneself and the others! In fact it is downright ugly.

All the best in your future endeavours!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

Not sure I quite understand this - if I get vaccinated here in Thailand in, say, June - and then I go on a home leave to the USA October/November 2021, do I then need another jab before I come back to Thailand because I am not within the 3 month period of when I was vaccinated? - I guess we will wait for clarification, but as usual, the government seems to put these news flashes out without much fore-thought??

On 3/8/2021 at 8:44 PM, Meat Pie 47 said:

When can Australians travel overseas?

Currently, there’s a travel ban in place for all overseas travel from Australia. There are no definitive plans to lift this ban as of yet. This ban also restricts the entry of cruise ships into Australia.

https://www.skyscanner.com.au/news/when-can-i-travel

Australian citizens who can prove they have a home/family abroad or travel frequently to another country for family purposes are exempt from this ban. 

And there are other exemption possibilities.

All detailed very specifically on the application for exemption submission document.

I applied in the category above (home/family abroad) with scans of a couple of documents, within 1 hour I got an e.mail saying that I was exempt and telling me to present copies of the same documents on check-in at Sydney Airport.

• Like 1