Thailand to cut quarantine for vaccinated foreigners to 7 days from April

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, rabang said:

It would be only later this year and if people are vaccinated what does it matter? Are you going to stay home for the rest of your life? Already many people are travelling to Mexico and making it out of there alive.

By the end of the year all first world will be vaccinated and the world mostly open so a ton of holiday choices. You said Mexico because it's one of the few open right now. Next time say what you mean to avoid confusion 

Edited by madmen

6 minutes ago, madmen said:

By the end of the year all first world will be vaccinated and open so a ton of holiday choices. You said Mexico because it's one of the few open right now 

And the the antigenic drift of the virus spreading an evolving through an unvaccinated developing world may render the vaccines in the developed world ineffective... 

Its important that the areas and countries anywhere where the vaccine could spread receives the vaccines. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, madmen said:

By the end of the year all first world will be vaccinated and the world mostly open so a ton of holiday choices. You said Mexico because it's one of the few open right now. Next time say what you mean to avoid confusion 

I did not say that. Show me the part in my message where it reads I will go there because it is open right now.

Also it is not known yet how many open places there will be by the end of year. I have been interested in Mexico for a long time, what is wrong about it that I should choose some other place instead even if they were open?

• Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 2:12 PM, fangless said:

How are governments etc going to "prove" you have been fully vaccinated?

Time to get the colour laser printer/barcode/QR code reader and laminator ready.  Especially now that all the copy shops (ID Cards etc) in KSR and elsewhere in Thailand have closed.

a barcode tattooed on your forehead ha ha

21 hours ago, ravip said:

Fantastic decision! Kudos to you!

When you are not happy in your country of domicile, it is best to move on. Sticking in a place where you hate even the dust that settles on and bickering and swearing 24x7x365 it is useless to oneself and the others! In fact it is downright ugly.

All the best in your future endeavours!

Cheers, that's exactly how i see it. I don't have any need to be back in Thailand at the moment, it's dead, expensive, and you don't know what the lads are going to do next.  Also it's very difficult to make any real decent money in Thailand in my business, although i'm shortly going to be working on a pipeline project just off Sriracha.  ( Probably will not be allowed onshore, but i'm not bothered )

To be quite honest it's been a very necessary "Cold Turkey" episode to get out of Thailand last year to go back offshore and since then i've been all over the world, and believe me there's a lot nicer places that i'd forgotten about around the world other than the old Thailand that a lot of us lived in and loved..... 

In the last nine months i've been in Thailand, HongKong, Taiwan, Malaysia, England, Portugal, Turkey, and now Indonesia...... Shortly to be heading back to work off Thailand.    

As i say, i've been glad of the break to take stock of my reasons for staying in Thailand, and asking myself do i really want to be treated like a fugitive in country i've lived in for thirty years ?   I'm taking great note of what's happening in Burma at the moment as i don't think this will be a one off in the region......    I'm hoping the winds of change are building up.......  It's needed, or the Thailand i loved will shortly be a distant memory, just like my old favourite bars i went back to in "Lang Kwai Fong" in Hong Kong a few years back that had signs over the doors stating........ " Chinese only "...........

Edited by SupermarineS6B
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, crazykopite said:

If you have had the vaccine and can show proof what’s the point of quarantine oh yes I forgot screw the tourists for as much money as possible is there not some type of charge on entry as well for tourists 300 baht rings a bell 

I guess it's because the vaccines are not silver bullets. The companies involved are covering their themselves by stating that they are "optimistic" and that they still lack data for most infection vectors/scenarios  eg. spreading the virus after vaccination if asymptomatic etc

On another note, If this "pandemic" sets the global reaction tone for any future viruses.....   Star Trek

Edited by fondue zoo

12 hours ago, madmen said:

The way they are going about it here in Australia right now I highly doubt it..Predicted to have 4 million vaccinated by the end of April is a 'pipe dream' to say the least.Problems with overseas supply,logistics,geographical location and now with questionable local production of Astro' with reports some 450,000 viles were not upto standard.The Government here is winging it!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sydneyjed said:

The way they are going about it here in Australia right now I highly doubt it..Predicted to have 4 million vaccinated by the end of April is a 'pipe dream' to say the least.Problems with overseas supply,logistics,geographical location and now with questionable local production of Astro' with reports some 450,000 viles were not upto standard.The Government here is winging it!

It's Australias idiotic she'll be right mate attitude, " Where in no hurry we not infected like the rest of the world, no hurry" means they are miles behind the uk and USA and looks like big delays, which looks like October border opening is no chance which means tourism gets smashed into next year! 

On 3/8/2021 at 9:45 AM, stubuzz said:

within?

within 3 months of which jab, 1st or 2nd? Many of us Brits will have had both jabs by the end of April this year. Almost none of us will want to visit Thailand in the rainy season. For many years, I have spent most of the UK autumn and winter in Chiang Mai; September to March. Now I learn that my January and April 2021 vaccinations will be invalid in Thailand this autumn. I am not prepared to spend 2 weeks and £2k in quarantine. Cyprus is a tempting alternative.

40 minutes ago, fresher said:

within 3 months of which jab, 1st or 2nd? Many of us Brits will have had both jabs by the end of April this year. Almost none of us will want to visit Thailand in the rainy season. For many years, I have spent most of the UK autumn and winter in Chiang Mai; September to March. Now I learn that my January and April 2021 vaccinations will be invalid in Thailand this autumn. I am not prepared to spend 2 weeks and £2k in quarantine. Cyprus is a tempting alternative.

Book Cyprus then. Thailand's going to be slow getting vaccinations done and then waiting to see all the implications before they open up properly. You might need booster vaccinations by the autumn. No-one really knows what the situation's going to look like by then. Thailand definitely won't be leading the way though.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 4:34 AM, KhaoNiaw said:

Book Cyprus then. Thailand's going to be slow getting vaccinations done and then waiting to see all the implications before they open up properly. You might need booster vaccinations by the autumn. No-one really knows what the situation's going to look like by then. Thailand definitely won't be leading the way though.

My hunch is that Thailand will just let  other countries do all the hard work and vaccinate their people..then of course all they have to do is  check them at the airport to for proof..which of course the airlines will have done for them anyway at the other end!You can see where this is going as only the Hi So's will make sure they get it first so they can travel themselves overseas..the rest will probably never see a vaccine jab unless they pay for it!

Edited by sydneyjed

update from 2 hotels, regarding my question for 7 days ONLY since I'm already vaccinated and meet requirments. 

1st Hotel

Thai Government hasn’t announced by law yet

It’s still on processing discussion, Our hotel is under the ministry of Health of the law pass we will know the soonest .
For confirm a reservation, you can pay 50% of reservation the rest balance will settle 3 days of your arrival
If Thai Government has  announced about duration reduce. we will refund a night you are not stay

2nd hotel 

There is no official announcement yet, after the official announcement there needs to be government notification to the ASQ/ALQ hotels

• The local population has not started the vaccination yet

• If there is any change before your arrival, we will change your package accordingly. If the notification is after your arrival, need to see the details in the government notification whenever they are published.

• Mostly, the new rules will apply for new arrivals and not existing guests who are completing their quarantine.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but I don't understand what they mean by"

Vaccinations must be administered within three months of the travel period..."

Let's say if I wanted to leave from Europe to TH on Dec 1st, when must I have done the vaccination?