Thailand to cut quarantine for vaccinated foreigners to 7 days from April

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, bolt said:

If you want to get into Thailand this is what you have to do.

If you don’t want to do that, then SHUT up and let us return to Thailand

I think nobody have sayed "dont go back Thailand"! People have shown how many want to do ASQ sht and other needed actions to entrance Thailand! Not many! So they have told they opinion from current situation.

4 minutes ago, drenddy said:

It means those vaccinated in December, are not included. 

Can't see the logic in this. 

And is still quarantine. 

No usual tourist will come.

Exactly.  If I am vaccinated this week, I can't come under these arrangements after early June, as it's after 3 months since vaccination?

Anyways, it's good news for my wife 

When she returns to DK, hopefully I will get her vaccinated,then, should she travel back to Thailand, it's gonna be cheaper, both money and time. 

As long as ASQ dont put prices up. 

2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Still incorporating the word quarantine .. folk will not fly 000's of miles to be cooped up like a battery hen .. and pay for the privilege .. Try again ..

It would probably work for those of us who live there and will put in more money than tourists in the long term. It's unreasonable anyway to expect a country that despite all it's other failures has kept cases and deaths down more than other countries to suddenly open up completely. If you're coming for maybe 3 weeks or a month or longer then the 7 days in a hotel room isn't so bad. Particularly if you can afford a larger room or a suite or if your partner is with you.

If this happens it needs to be seen as a step along the way.

None of this is confirmed until it is published in the Royal gazette.

2 dates being rumoured right now, April 1 or October 1, i cant see it being April before the natives are vaccinated - right into the songkran as super spreaders kaboom!!

More likely be October after Thailand has had time to have both doses with the first doses in June/July.

But, as with everything here it could be totally different tomorrow.

• Like 1

Kind of "GOOD NEWS!"- I received my last Covid-19 vaccine shot on 30 Jan and my wife will get hers on the 25th of March. All will be documented on a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) card which I hope the Thai government will except when we arrive on the 22nd of April from the USA. Looking forward of seven days instead of 14 and saving a few $$$$$$$ in ASQ. "Happy Travels."

Edited by Dan747

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

But will Thailand accept these passports, or will they want to use their own?

And or the Joe Bloggs version.

An acceptable and agreed World wide secure system is required!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dan747 said:

which I hope the Thai government will except

What about other countries?  What will they accept?

A world wide (or most of it at least!) acceptable system is required.

It cannot be left to individual countries to decide who/what/where/when and with what bit of "vaccinated"  paper allows anyone to depart/arrive or be quarantined, or worse!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I fail to see the logic of the 3 month window for vaccinated people and reduced quarantine. Why penalize people who will have had the vaccine before that but have every reason to believe the vaccine is fully efficacious for years to come? A window period for covid testing, yes I understand that. But the same logic does not apply to vaccines as the previous poster stated there is no way to describe this other than retarded.

And make the quarantine period ZERO days since no one except expats and the hard core will want to come for a quarantine vacation even if it is on a yacht or a golf course. I can understand wanting to wait til 70% of the population is vaccinated but after that need to just let 'er rip.

Edited by wasabi

This will be officially approved by the CCSA early next week. Will probably be effective very early April.

Why? Because China has just launched a digital COVID-19 vaccination certificate for its citizens planning cross-border travels. Thailand will of course want those tourists in ASAP.

You have 3 weeks to enjoy your seafood buffets.

• Like 1

Vaccinations must be administered within three months of the travel period and visitors will still be required to show negative COVID-19 test results within three days of their departure, Anutin Charnvirankul told a news conference.

So one has completed their 2 coarse "jab", 3 months lapses and the tourist is still subjected to the same olde cr#p.

Anutin really is a "dick head"! Hope he has informed the idiots at TAT so as they can revise their figures - again!

• Like 2

On 3/8/2021 at 9:18 PM, scorecard said:

"Vaccinations must be administered within three months of the travel period ..."

So does that mean if my 2 shots were completed 6 months before my arrival in Thailand date (or into the longer-term future 2 years ago) then I get no reduction and I must do the full 14 days quarantine?

Strange logic...

On reflection I wonder is this is a wrong translation; perhaps the Thai language original says, zero or reduced quarantine if the passenger can prove they have completed a vaccination, plus 3 months, then passenger can enter with zero quarantine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

On reflection I wonder is this is a wrong translation; perhaps the Thai language original says, zero or reduced quarantine if the passenger can prove they have completed a vaccination, plus 3 months, then passenger can enter with zero quarantine. 

I hope so. That would make (slightly) more sense. Could anyone with a command of Thai language please clarify?

2 hours ago, bdenner said:

Anutin really is a "dick head"! Hope he has informed the idiots at TAT so as they can revise their figures - again!

Im interested in what country you come from and if they have better Covid results than Thailand. 

Edited by Neeranam

2 hours ago, wasabi said:

And make the quarantine period ZERO days since no one except expats and the hard core will want to come for a quarantine vacation even if it is on a yacht or a golf course. I can understand wanting to wait til 70% of the population is vaccinated but after that need to just let 'er rip.

Is not the Thai health authority's problem, they are looking after the health of people already in the kingdom. 

8 minutes ago, stuarty said:

I hope so. That would make (slightly) more sense. Could anyone with a command of Thai language please clarify?

True. But what worries me is whether there's some belief that the vaccine only has a short working/protection life. 

Here in Australia this has come up, the experts say that it's yet unknown whether there will be a need for booster shots. After 1 year has been mentioned, however the medical/scientific experts say maybe yes/maybe no, not enough global data yet to make any serious comments. 

Also  mentioned maybe a booster will be needed after 1 year and for several more years then  possibly never again.

For myself, if it's effective for say one year then a need for a booster or several then so be it. 

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Is not the Thai health authority's problem, they are looking after the health of people already in the kingdom. 

True and a very valid point. However the economy and all Thais having enough funds to survive well is also valid and that means income from tourist activity.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Not a hype at all, proven that it reduces hospitalizations by very significant numbers. 

Excellent point. There's been many global media reports on this exact report. (The comment icons don't seem to be working yet.)

So from which countries are these tourists gonna come from? In Europe it is not the Holiday period, and also no country has inocculated their citizens twice. The only country that is so far is Israel, and their next holiday is the same as European countries @EASTER@